“No room” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Phoenix, Arizona
“No room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

After prepaying for two rooms, we showed up at the hotel after a long day of traveling and was told there was no rooms. They did offer to pay for the nights at the Holiday Inn--like they were doing us a favor! That was quite the mistake. I had satisfactorily stayed there before but no more Hyatt Los Colinas for me. What a way to end the day..No room at the Inn.
I would strongly suggest the Sprinhill Marriott. They took us in and made us feel welcomed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
As the new General Manager at the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your review. If you would like to discuss the situation with your relocation with me directly, please call the hotel and ask to speak with me. I would love the opprotunity to speak with you and see if you would be willing to give us another chance?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times. The first time I liked it so much that whenever I visit my Dallas office I book this hotel.

Pros:
1. Many restaurants across the street
2. Very big room, it was a 1BHK setup. The kitchen had refrigerator, utensils, microwave oven etc.
3. Hotel has laundry room, you dont need to pay for those high laundry service charges. You can wash and dry here for $4-$5
4. Big LCD TV, I guess 52"

Cons:
1. Doesnt provide pickup and drop to the airport

Room Tip: Take higher floor as this one has just 3 floors
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
As the new General Manager I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your review. I look forward to meeting you on one of your future trips to Dallas!
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas during a business trip, and I was not let down with my employer's choice of hotel for me. The suite I stayed in was huge: kitchen with oven, fridge, counter space; living room with sofa, chair, table, LCD TV; bedroom with Queen bed and LCD TV; ample closet space; bathroom with powerful hot shower. It was quite a relaxing retreat after some long work days!

The free breakfast in the morning was great every day I was here. Think continental breakfast on steroids; typically fruit, juices, cereal, bagels/toast, sausage, and eggs, with a few local extras every day as well.

Lastly, the location. Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas is near multiple highways and business parks, as well as a shopping plaza a couple miles to the North and a handful of *very* delicious restaurants a quick walk across the street. All that plus a gas station nearby with snacks and cans of Shiner make this a convenient location indeed!

Room Tip: Second floor gives a slightly better view of the surrounding area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bernadette W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
As the new General Manager of the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your review. I am glad that you had a restful stay with us. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to the Dallas area.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The bathroom had NO heater. The room was very small. I heard sounds all night long. There were drunk people on the 3rd floor where I was staying. When I called the lobby people, they said it was the paramedics. I arrived 2:00AM after a long drive from Chicago, Illinois. I asked them for room service and they charged $90.00 and never gave me my CC. Good thing I used my AMEX prepaid gift card CC. The breakfast was very bad because they did not have variety. NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Every room is a bad room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
At the new General Manager of the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your review. After reading your review I understand your frustrations and unwillingness to stay at our location again, however, I would like to invite you back to give us another chance. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Love the breakfast and the TV's in the rooms. Staff is friendly and helpful. Great location close to the airport. Business center computers are perfect to print boarding passes and the Internet works great

• Stayed December 2012
As the new General Manager of the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your review. I look forward to meeting you next time you are in the Dallas area.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I'm not one for ranting and raving over the free breakfasts offered at hotels. I remember when hotels first started offering continental breakfasts in the 1970's as a novelty, and seen it morph into an expectation of several chains. I usually take advantage of these for the convenience, and price considerations when traveling with family. This place changed my mind.

The free continental breakfast 'entrees' were excellent -- -better than what I would have (and have) paid handsomely for in a cafe. Various styles of egg, bacon and ham mixes with herbs and spices over croissant, bagels, and muffins. It was a truly unique breakfast way to start the day! They really went the extra mile on this.

Hotel was fine for what I would expect for Hyatt Place. Friendly people and clean. I did get an accessible room which usually is not a problem. In this case the ironing board was broken, and although I asked I never got another one. I wasn't persistent - I was okay with less ironing.

Nice Job! I will probably stay here again on my next stay to Irving.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wolfgang P, Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay. The issue with the broken iron has been addressed. I hope to be able to welcome you back soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My stay was excellent. Quick check in process, friendly and knowleable staff, clean room. The hotel offers a 24 hr menu and a small bar area. No need to leave the hotel in the evening for dinner. The food was very good and they had a pretty good selection of beer and spirits. Their shuttle took me to work and to a nearby pharmacy. I did not use my rental car all week long. Stressfree - all the way. Will stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wolfgang P, Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for writing a review. Our new Flatbread dishes are popular with our guests. Next to beer and spirits we also offer a good selection of white and red wines. I am glad that your stay with us was stress free. Let our complimentary shuttle do the driving for you.

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas? Share your experiences!