It's often the little things that can make a big impact on the customer experience.
If you travel a lot, and stay in a different hotel each night, it can be easy to forget your room number, especially if your more of a visual person; a person who remembers pictures better than numbers.
That's why I really appreciate what Hampton Inn has done with the room numbers in their hotels - they've added a unique black and white photograph next to the number. So if you have trouble rembering if your room was 323 or 332, you'll probably find it a lot easier to remember the photo of the farmer riding the tractor. I had the room with the adirondack chair on the sun-drenched lawn.
When I go to sleep in a hotel, I like to keep my cell phone on the night stand, and use it as an alarm clock. And I also like to keep it plugged in, to begin the next day with a full charge. But I've found that most hotels don't have enough outlets for charging all our digital stuff.
But this particular Hampton Inn mounted a cluster of outlets and USB charging ports right above the nightstand.
Visual room numbers andU SB ports by the nightstands aren't exactly big enhancements like hot breakfast bars or state-of-the art fitness centers. But they're big in two ways:
They're simple solutions to common problems - USB ports by the nightstand may not be glamorous, but they're exactly what I needed.
They're memorable - black and white photos may not transform the Hampton Inn into a luxurios hotel, but they do trigger memories, and stir curiosity - I dare you to walk down the hall to the elevator, without looking to see what photos accompany the other room numbers.
Here's thet point:
When designing your customer experience, ask yourself if each element fits at least one of the following:
1. Is it useful to the customer?
2. Is it memorable for the customer?
Design your experience to give customers more reasons to use your service, and more reasons to remember it.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Dallas/Ft. Worth Airport South Hotel Irving
- Hampton Inn Dallas/Ft. Worth Airport South Hotel
- Hampton Inn Irving
- Irving Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located off 183, Hampton Inn Dallas-Ft. Worth Airport South, is just one mile southeast of DFW International Airport and minutes from area attractions like Cowboys Stadium, Rangers Ballpark and Six Flags Over Texas. Perfect location for business travelers as we are near NEC, NCH, Nokia, Verizon and American Airlines. After a busy day relax and enjoy world-class service, complimentary Wi-Fi, a business center, and our refreshing pool. Our hotel serves free hot breakfast daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn Dallas/Ft. Worth Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.