“Good customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I called when I landed at the airport and they sent a shuttle immediately over to pick me up and stayed on the phone to help navigate me to the right spot to be picked up. I was welcomed with a complimentary social hour (that they hold every weekday evening) which I enjoyed in the outside seating that is available. Breakfast had a fair selection of items, nothing extraordinary but I liked having eggs, some fresh fruit and yogurt available although would not recommend the tasteless oatmeal. The furniture in the room was in good condition. When I came back the next day they greeted me by name, asking if they could help me find anything. They were very personable.

Fitness center is tiny but functional with an elliptical, stationary bike, two treadmills, bench and some limited free weights. Airplanes do go over head which can be fairly loud when sitting by the grill or pool area but it has a very short commute to DFW airport which made flying in for a work conference much easier.

Negatives: The wifi connection was really weak and my phone would not connect to it. The printer wasn't working in the business center. There is not much in the surrounding area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Ron W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
We thank you so much for your feedback, and your kind words. We have great staff who strive to deliver a great guest experience. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
The Colony, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed here because my husband had an early flight at DFW. It took us 15 minutes to get checked in then we had to go back to the front desk because she hadn't activated our keys. Their shuttle service doesn't start until 6 am which did us no good for his 6:15 flight. The hotel seemed old and the elevator smelled horrible. The room looked like it hadn't been updated for 15 years outside of a small flat screen tv and smelled bad. It is in an industrial area so nothing nearby and with the condition of the room I ended up not coming back to the room after I left the airport. The hallways and entryways looked like they hadn't been swept all weekend and our room was tiny. The breakfast area reminded me of a very low end hotel, not at all what I would expect from a Marriott brand location. I've stayed at other Residence Inns and they were so much nicer than this, definitely won't ever be back.

Stayed July 2014
We apologize greatly for the issues you experienced while you stayed with us, Our goal is to provide a great stay for each of our guests, and this certainly did not meet your, or our own, expectations. We do appreciate your feedback.
Marbella, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Fast and friendly check in. The receptionist (Guy) was very helpful with informations about room location, parking, complimentary social hour and breakfast. The room was very clean. The breakfast buffet had a good variety of food and a very nice lady took care of filling up the whole time.The free WiFi in the room was reliable. Before leaving I wanted to print out my boarding pass, and the very helpful receptionist (Shannon ?) did it for me. All in all: nice, clean hotel with a very good and friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate them greatly!! Thank you for staying with us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stay at Residence Inns frequently as we like the two bedroom suite option. This is the first Residence Inn that I have stayed at that was extremely outdated. Nothing in the kitchen or bath area has been updated. The lobby presented a new and updated appearance, but when you got to the rooms they were old and worn. Breakfast did not offer many options. It was satisfactory for a stay close to the airport, but I would have been extremely disappointed if I had booked this hotel for a long term stay. I paid the same price for this room as I did at another Residence Inn on this same trip which was tastefully updated and maintained.

Room Tip: Planes fly directly overhead of this hotel so consider that if you want quiet. Of course if you are...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ron W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
We thank you so much for your feedback. Our lobby was renovated this past winter, and we agree it looks outstanding. With our selection of breakfast items we strive to have something out for everyone, if you would like, please reach out to me personally as I would value your input for item additions to add to our rotation. Again, I appreciate your feedback and appreciate your loyalty to Marriott.
Centralia, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Exactly as promised for an airport stop-over hotel. The casual, comfortable, clean expectation was met by Residence Inn/Marriott standards. After claiming luggage, we phoned the hotel for a courtesy shuttle. We were told were to wait and the new suv, shuttle was there in the promised time. On arrival at the hotel, a quick and trouble free check-in. Reservation as confirmed.
After dropping luggage in our room, we returned to the lobby for a free self/service dinner of grilled chicken breast, vegetables and salad served with free soft drinks, coffee/tea, beer and wine. After a 15+ hour flight from Sydney, a warm meal and a comfortable bed was all we needed.
Our flight the next morning was at 7AM, shuttle begins at 6AM. When we inquired the evening on arrival about an earlier shuttle we were told it would be arranged. Actually, the breakfast cook, Mae, drove us to the airport. The breakfast was much more than continental with hot eggs, hash browns, sausage, etc... All anyone needs to get going in the morning was offered, no charge.
The room was as expected,we only stayed a night but could have moved in. Full kitchen, living room opening to bedroom and bath. After checking emails on free wifi, we turned the large flat screen television to watch in bed.
Value for the money, you can't go wrong with Residence Inn and Marriott. Enjoy this hotel and thank me later.

Room Tip: There is no proper restaurant, BUT the free dinner and free breakfast are excellent.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Washington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

My family overnighted in Dallas/Fort Worth en route to Cancun, staying at Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport North/Irving on March 26, 2014. I chose this hotel based on its courtesy airport shuttle, breakfast, and price.

Upon our late arrival at DFW airport, I placed a call to the hotel to request the courtesy shuttle. The front desk person, "Guy", was very pleasant over the phone and was able to provide clear instructions on where to meet the shuttle driver, "Johnny". Johnny arrived in a very nice and comfortable GMC suv approximately 15 minutes later. We enjoyed our trip to the hotel. After we checked in and delivered our baggage to the room, Johnny drove us to a nearby restaurant for dinner. He also returned us safely to the hotel for a comfortable night's stay.

The room was clean and well-furnished with a queen bed in the bedroom, decent-sized bathroom with vanity and sink located outside the toilet/shower area, two flat screen TVs, kitchenette, work desk, sofa bed and chairs.

Breakfast was provided in a large room near the lobby and offered all you expect--waffles, fruit, yogurt, breads, etc.

We scheduled a return shuttle and another efficient and friendly driver (whose name I cannot recall) delivered us safely back to the airport the next morning.

Overall, a very nice place to stay. It did appear that some remodeling is going on in various areas of the hotel, but nothing that interfered with our stay. We did hear planes flying overhead despite being on the first floor. The hotel is located in an industrial park, so most restaurants and shopping are a distance away. The hotel courtesy shuttle, when not in use picking up/dropping off guests at the airport, is available to take you anywhere within five miles of the hotel, thus offering a wide variety of places to eat, shop, etc.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a nicely furnished and comfortable room in an airport hotel near DFW.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

When you landed at DFW and called for the shuttle. We were picked up by an unmarked small SUV (ask for the make, model and color). We waited about 30 mins from the time we landed because we missed him the first time. It took about 10-15 mins to get to the hotel. The vehicle fits 5 with carry-on luggages or 4 people with lots of luggages. After dropping of our luggages we went to our favorite seafood restaurant for dinner. The driver gave us a courtesy drop-off and pick-up for our dinner. We had a great experience with our 1 night stop over at this hotel. There is a basketball court, BBQ grill with nice patio furnitures and a tiny pool. Other basics include a small gym, business center and snack for purchase.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family