“the all business Marriott / Airport Location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #30 of 76 hotels in Irving
Nashville, Tennessee
“the all business Marriott / Airport Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Here for business , it is conveniently located at the north exit of DFW with 24 hr shuttle service . It is clean full service hotel with friendly , helpful staff. Good for business travelers . Busy concierge floor . Nothing within walking distance so be prepared to drive or stay on campus .

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott North, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review.

I am glad you found our staff helpful and friendly. I hope that if you are our guest again in the future,you will give our restaurant, Urban Spur a try as a dining option.

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Concord, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Nice location with excellent shuttle "service" to the airport, thanks to Bo. 18 floors, very good concierge breakfast, solid lunch buffet (try the 3 bean soup). Two bars, open lobby and outdoor pool. For Marriott members, this is the place to stay for getting to and from the airport. Because of early morning flight departures, expect to hear room doors opening early. Fantastic bed by the way.

Room Tip: get a room at the end of the hall....less noise from room doors opening for early flights.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott North, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for posting such a nice review after your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit.

Many of our guests mention how comfortable our beds are, this ensures a good night’s rest and our convenient shuttle service to the airport makes travelling just a little easier. The 3 bean soup is one of our daily specials, and one of our most popular.

If travels bring you back to Texas, I hope we can once again be your host.
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We were stuck in Dallas due to an American Airlines employee issue and were on our way home from a lovely vacation in Mexico. American Airlines took hours and hours to figure out where to put us and the Super 8 with no food after 15 hours without a meal was not going to be ok for my family of 7. We ended up here at 11:45 at night and were able to have a hot, delicious meal! Finally! Plus, leave it to American, they screwed up our vouchers and gave us only 2 rooms, but the staff at the hotel was fabulous and had it fixed in no time at all. They had our bags put away while I fed my 4 kids. Of course, the voucher from the airline was only for 1 night (wrong again!) even though they would not get us on a flight for 2 days. I spent 4 hours on hold with the airline and the staff saw my issue and told me the only way is to go to the airport, which I did on their convenient shuttle. They held my room and did not make us get out since check out was 11 and I didn't even get my kids to bed until after 2. I went back to the airport while my husband had the family fed. It was 28 degrees in Dallas and our clothes were all wet from the airlines leaving our bags in the rain. The great staff (again!) noticed the problem and without me asking, offered me soap and told me there were free washers and dryers in the basement. Every single person there was thoughtful, professional and caring. Truly, after the horrific flight and having to wait 2 days to go home, the staff here was a huge part of turning our bad experience around. The rooms were beautiful, comfortable, well stocked, and the best part were the employees. The concierge staff was amazing, helpful and kind. I cannot say enough about the people here, the service and the feeling that we left with after being treated so poorly by the airlines. Thank you Marriott. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott North, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review after your recent unplanned visit to our hotel.

I am glad that we were able to turn a negative experience into a very positive experience for you and your family. We realize that travelling can be extremely stressful at the best of times, and having delays and detours is not how you want to end a great family vacation.

It was good to read your comments about your stay and I was glad to hear that you found our staff caring, considerate and professional, and that they went above and beyond to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

If future plans bring you back to the Dallas area, we would love to be your host again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This hotel was convenient to the airport and other amenities by car. Rooms were quiet and restaurant breakfast buffet was excellent. I get a little annoyed when hotels do not offer a full range of beverages but I run across this a lot - no Coca Cola products here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott North, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent visit to the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott.

I am pleased that you found your room quiet and you enjoyed our breakfast buffett.

We look forward to seeing you back in the near future.
Amarillo, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is a nice hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean. There's a nice workout area and the pool is an indoor/outdoor pool. However if you stay here, expect to pay for everything. For the price of the room I expect wifi to be provided. Here, it is not. If you want it, you have to pay more. Almost $13 for 24 hours. The restaurant is nice, with many local beers on tap, but it also is expensive. The breakfast buffet alone is $18. I love breakfast and it was a nice buffet but it's hard to eat $18 worth of breakfast. I understand this is a business/upscale hotel close to the airport, but if you're just looking for a place to stay in this area there are less expensive hotels that are just as nice, with free wifi and breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott North, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to post a review after your stay at the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott.

I am glad that you found the rooms spacious and clean and you enjoyed our new restaurant, Urban Spur.

If future travels bring you back to the Dallas area, we hope you will give us the opportunity to be your host again.
Rok
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The hotel is lovely, however there are certain rooms that should not be used. The room I was provided overlooked the main hotel entrance. Nice view, however as local ordinance prohibits smoking, these folks are relegated to the ash trays located 15 feet from the main door. My stay occurred on a Thursday evening, the bar and lobby were packed with folks celebrating an early Christmas. At 11:45 pm, I phoned the front desk, Started to explain that the folks out front were excessively loud, only to have Michael tell me he couldn't control the smokers. A few words were exchanged and he agreed that he could send security. About 4 AM other patrons enjoying a good laugh (waiting for the shuttle, again outside the front door) woke me. Another call to the desk. 5 AM and the water hammer screams to life...worst night of sleep of a ten day trip.

Upon check in I was given an envelope that said the company would work to make it a great stay, so I called the desk a third time. While very polite, the manager echoed the first response, "we can't control what happens outside". The response to my suggestion that these rooms shouldn't be sold ( due to water hammer and uncontrollable exterior noise of smokers and shuttle riders) was an offer of Marriott points. Nice gesture, but doesn't solve the problem that other guests will be subjected to the same issues.

The room was fantastically appointed and clean. The water hammer problem needs to be addressed, unless of course you want to use your neighbor showering as your alarm clock.

Room Tip: You should not have to ask, but request room that does not overlook front entry. I was on 4th floor...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your visit to our hotel.

Please accept my apologies for not getting a good night’s rest while you were our guest due to the activity out on the front entrance.

I appreciate you sharing your feedback. I have asked my Front Office Manager to flag the rooms directly over the front entry as being the last rooms to be occupied, unless specifically requested. We also discussed a more appropriate response for our front office team to use with our guests in similar circumstances.

I have spoken to my Director of Engineering to look into the water hammer issues as this is not typically a problem we experience.

Please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss further.
las vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occassions and have never been disappointed. Rooms are very nice but it is the staff that makes me come back. Everyone one at this hotel is a pleasure to deal with and goes out of thier way to make your stay pleasant. With the hotel being so close to the airport they always have to deal with a lot of stranded passengers who are not always in the best mood but they seem to do everything possible to make a bad situation a lot better. Very nice pool and gym, the even have free washer and dryers.

Room Tip: See if you can get a balcony room, nice to sit out there and watch the airport.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your stay at the hotel.

We strive to deliver excellent service to all our guests and your comments reinforce we are doing just that !.

We appreciate you being a frequent guest, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott North? Share your experiences!