I travel a LOT. This stay has pushed me further back towards the Hilton and Carlson brands. To be fair, I will start with the positives.
- I love the bath amenities. The citrus hand soap bar and shower bar are OUTSTANDING.
- The vending machines take credit cards. Excellent.
- They have a snack shop. Convenient.
- Large lobby area for relaxing. Nice.
- The room itself was comfortable, spacious, and relaxing. I didn't hear any noises from rooms nearby, and I felt content in my room.
- Close to the airport with shuttle service. Convenient.
- Check-in staff was not friendly. I don't want anyone to kiss my feet, but a smile would be nice. I smile all the time. And the best part? It's free.
- The Crosswinds Bar & Grill was AWFUL. One of the female wait staff kept forgetting to deliver people's orders (one of the customers was talking to me about it), and she totally forgot about me as I was sitting at the bar waiting to place my order. After about 30 minutes, a male wait staff member finally took my order, and then it took an additional 30 minutes to make a hot dog that tasted just awful. An hour for a hot dog to go? I would have asked for a refund, but I was just too tired to argue about it.
- When I got back up to my room, they didn't put any silverware in my to-go bag. When I called room service for some silverware (I was already dressed in my night clothes for the evening), the operator said, "I guess I can ask," in an irritated tone. Seriously??? This place is REALLY lacking in customer service skills. I will say that the gentleman who brought me the silverware was incredibly kind and wouldn't even accept my two dollar tip for bringing it up to me - that was classy, but I think he was the manager on duty.
- The air conditioning was not set to a comfortable temperature, and it took two hours to get it down to making the room comfortable. I know we are all trying to save money, but a few notches lower as a standard would be appreciated upon arrival.
- You have to pay for Internet here... at an airport hotel? It's 2013, right? LOL. Irritating.
- One of the shuttle drivers was incredibly kind, the other one was dismissive and irritable. I thankfully got to ride with the kind one and tipped him appropriately for his super-positive attitude.
Places like this keep me repeat visits and from concentrating and earning points in their loyalty program. I tend to focus on Hilton-branded and Carlson-branded hotels because their staff members are USUALLY pretty positive and helpful to their client base. This location missed the mark on both accounts.
I travel to DFW a few times a year, and unless I knew that there was an improvement at this location, I probably will not return, which is sad, because this location LOOKS great and has such great POTENTIAL! It's the staff that ruins it.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.