“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 76 hotels in Irving
El Paso, Texas
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Marriott DFW North the week of January 22, 2013. The entire hotel is clean and staff is very attentive. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were good. Crosswind restaurant has a good variety of American food. The fitness center opens at 5:30 am but upon request they can open earlier. Treadmill get busy if you're there after 6 am, so be there early!
I ended up taking an outdoor run around the hotel which seems to be safe and easy to run on the sidewalk.
Overall a good stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The main reason I reserved a room at this hotel was because we were arriving late and did not want to rent a car until the next day. The hotel was close to the airport and offered free shuttle services and had a Hertz rental car facility on-site. We decided to pay a little extra for the room to take advantage of the buffet breakfast. The breakfast was wonderful. Anything you wanted from homemade omelets to waffles and fresh fruit. The breakfast wait staff was extremely friendly. There was one gentleman, sorry I can't remember his name, that had a wealth of information regarding things to see in the area. They should promote him to concierge! We did not have time to use the fitness area or pool but did check them out since we will definitely stay here again. There was only two things that I feel I need to comment on. The first one was that there was no safe in the room. I found this surprising because some other hotels that I stayed at that were not as nice as this property had safes. The other thing is to better educate the front desk personnel. When I asked them for directions to an attraction they never heard of it and instead of checking the internet, they called the bell hop for assistance. I also asked them where the entrance was for the steak house and they told me that it was closed but the restaurant that was next to them had the same menu. Well, the steak house was open and the food was extremely good. We did check out the restaurant next to them and their menu was not the same.

Summerville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed overnight prior to catching a flight in the morning. Perhaps difficult to review a hotel fairly after just a one night stay, but I believe I would rate this hotel the same regardless of the length of the stay. Check in was fast and convenient. I asked for and was given a room upgrade; and what an upgrade. I stayed in the Houston suite - a living room, dining area and sleeping area overlooking the airport. I wish I could have stayed a week. Being a weekend, the concierge lounge was closed, but the lobby lounge was great. JR's steakhouse had excellent steak for a reasonable price. The morning buffet was outstanding, although the service was somewhat slow. I would highly recommend the hotel, particulary if flying out of DFW.

Room Tip: A high floor on the even room side gives a great view of the airport comings and goings.
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We switched rooms due to a baby in the room next door. Our first room needed a new mattress. The bed had an obvious depression. The second room was fine. Had to wait 40 minutes for the shuttle from the airport.

Schilde
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Every time we come to Dallas we stay at this Marriott because it is close to the airport.
The rooms are ok and the bar makes great Dry Martinis although the price is as high as
the amount of gin they pour in your glass.
The buffet in the restaurant for 16 $ was amazing good as well as the service.

• Stayed November 2012
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I guess my expectations were a tad bit lower tan usual since this was labeled an "airport" hotel, but I must say that I really enjoyed my brief stay. After navigating the maze of airport roads under construction, I arrived just after 8pm. I pulled up to have the car parked. First ding, NO VALET. For a woman arriving at night, this was a safety concern as their parking area is quite large and some areas are not well lit. Didn't feel very safe. Upon entry, the hotel is quite nice and the staff was friendly. Check in went smoothly and quickly. Got to my room and was quite pleased with the size, layout and cleanliness. Ordered room service. Delivered promptly and the order was correct. Food was good too! After a good night's ret, I got up eager to take a nice hot shower. Much to my dismay, after running the shower for 15-20 minutes, THERE WAS NO HOT WATER ! Major bummer.

This hotel actually has a women's floor by the way. It actually has a sign on the wall that says that. I found that rather odd in 2012.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had a great stay at the DFW north Marriott. We had a 5:45 am flight so we chose to stay here the night before. We were happy to have free parking for our vehicle while we were away on our trip, and they have a 24 hr shuttle to and from the airport that was very efficient. The hotel is really nice. Only downside is that because it is so close to the airport, you can here the planes coming in, but for me that was expected. If I was choosing a hotel for a nice vacation stay, etc..I would choose elsewhere just because of the plane traffic, but for pre trip travel it was perfect and I would highly recommend. The beds were super comfy as well...Thank you Marriott~

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott North? Share your experiences!