“Some rooms need new mattresses.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #30 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Chicago, IL
“Some rooms need new mattresses.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We switched rooms due to a baby in the room next door. Our first room needed a new mattress. The bed had an obvious depression. The second room was fine. Had to wait 40 minutes for the shuttle from the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Schilde
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Every time we come to Dallas we stay at this Marriott because it is close to the airport.
The rooms are ok and the bar makes great Dry Martinis although the price is as high as
the amount of gin they pour in your glass.
The buffet in the restaurant for 16 $ was amazing good as well as the service.

• Stayed November 2012
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I guess my expectations were a tad bit lower tan usual since this was labeled an "airport" hotel, but I must say that I really enjoyed my brief stay. After navigating the maze of airport roads under construction, I arrived just after 8pm. I pulled up to have the car parked. First ding, NO VALET. For a woman arriving at night, this was a safety concern as their parking area is quite large and some areas are not well lit. Didn't feel very safe. Upon entry, the hotel is quite nice and the staff was friendly. Check in went smoothly and quickly. Got to my room and was quite pleased with the size, layout and cleanliness. Ordered room service. Delivered promptly and the order was correct. Food was good too! After a good night's ret, I got up eager to take a nice hot shower. Much to my dismay, after running the shower for 15-20 minutes, THERE WAS NO HOT WATER ! Major bummer.

This hotel actually has a women's floor by the way. It actually has a sign on the wall that says that. I found that rather odd in 2012.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had a great stay at the DFW north Marriott. We had a 5:45 am flight so we chose to stay here the night before. We were happy to have free parking for our vehicle while we were away on our trip, and they have a 24 hr shuttle to and from the airport that was very efficient. The hotel is really nice. Only downside is that because it is so close to the airport, you can here the planes coming in, but for me that was expected. If I was choosing a hotel for a nice vacation stay, etc..I would choose elsewhere just because of the plane traffic, but for pre trip travel it was perfect and I would highly recommend. The beds were super comfy as well...Thank you Marriott~

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Airport hotels are the bane of every business traveler's existence, so my expectations are never overly high, yet this Marriott was quite strong - and actually above the experience I've been having at Marriott properties recently. The front desk staff was very helpful at check-in, as well as providing guidance around the hotel. The rooms seemed larger than a typical hotel room and were very clean and functional - a bit more modern than the average Marriott. I was indeed here for a conference, and the conference room facilities were functional with above average in-house catered food. The only downside is that staff in the conference facility seemed a bit sparse. Setting that aside though, the room was better than expected, the shuttle service to the airport was timely (and actually took a group of us to the airport ahead of the scheduled shuttle time), and the staff was pleasant. Outside of the convenience of the two Hyatts on the airport property, I would recommend this hotel for business travelers staying on the north side of the airport.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I came to the Marriott on my last night in town and chose the location closest to DFW for convenience of an early morning flight home. It was a nice way to end the trip.

Marriott treats me very well and that is why I stay there. They were prompt and helpful at the front desk and I quickly made it to my room. The room was everything I expected in a Marriott - nice bed and a nice sizable TV with channels I like to watch. There was a special touch of a welcome tray of fruit, cheese, and crackers accompanied by a split of red wine. The food was nice and the wine might have been except there was no cork screw. That was OK - I was really there to crash into bed and sleep for a few hours.

Well done, Marriott. Thanks. I will be back.

Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My dad and I are big Alabama fans, and we cooked up a plan to go to Cowboys' Stadium to watch the Tide in their season opener. To keep things at a relatively low cost, I chose this airport hotel. We arrived earlier than expected. As I gave my info, I offered to leave my luggage, but they let me check in (about 4 hours early). The room and common areas were in really good shape. Parking was ample, and all aspects of the staff I interacted with were friendly and on top of their collective game.

Dallas is a fun place to go. If you need an unquestionably good airport hotel, stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott North? Share your experiences!