“Turkey Day Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Oklahoma City
“Turkey Day Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

This was a great hotel. The facility was very clean and the employees very attentive. My family and I stayed here during the Thanksgiving week. We were able to meet a few of the Dallas Cowboy players which made our stay more exciting. We really enjoyed the buffet and cook to order breakfast. We loved the sports bar which had excellent food (especially the wings). The only thing I would caution is the price of a pitcher of beer......$15.00 yikes that was righteous brews. Our visit to the Marriott was absolutely wonderful and will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
bacointhe04
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

This hotel is nice and clean. It appears that the furniture and some of the amenities have been recently updated; and the toiletries were nice. Also I ilked that they gave away a couple of bottles of water in each room (probably costs the hotel only 50 cents, and made a nice impression, compaed with the hotel we stayed at the night before charging $4 a bottle). The staff was nice, although our waitress at Pitchers, the in-house tavern, was less than attentive. The buffet breakfast in their breakfast/lunch restaurant (Liberty grill?) was delicious.

We stayed here for a Cowboys game and were delighted with the entire Cowboys experience offerred by Marriott. We were able to meet and greet some of the players as they arrived at the hotel, which is a great way to spend an evening before the game!

• Liked — The Cowboys package experience
  • Disliked — Inconvenient to other sights/restaurants
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2007

I stayed at the Marriott DFW for a week long business trip. Being an airport hotel I was quite impressed. The decor was very modern and the immenities were very nice. They have a well equiped gym with an abundance of machines so there was no waiting lines to use a machine.
They have an indoor/outdoor pool and a hot tub. All in great cleanly condition.

The desk staff was so very friendly and they have shuttles available to take you to and from the airport. Wasn't a huge fan of room service, my food was cold on a couple of occassions and they charge their tip in the bill so I made the mistake of tipping a few times not knowing. So a $10 sandwhich bill soon turned into a $20 bill it seemed.

The restaurants in the hotel are great. I can't say so much for the service though. One of the waitress' was very rude to our table and acted like we were a huge inconvenience. We took it that she was having a bad day.

Being a solo lady traveler, they iimplemented the southern manners and put me on an ALL WOMEN's floor. This I found very interesting at first, but soon came to find out that it was more secure and had better immenities than the other rooms. So I was all for it! Overall though it was a great experience, I really enjoyed my room. Very large, beautiful decor, very clean and modern.It doesn't make you feel too far away from home.

I'd definitely recommend staying here, especially to long staying business travelers!

• Stayed August 2007
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2007

I stayed 2 nights in the Marriott and found it to be a very relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Like all Marriott hotels the bed was amazingly comfortable. To be honest I never ever want to leave the room when I stay at Marriott's because the beds are so cozy and the sheets are so soft.

The room was trendy with really pretty contemporary furnishings including a flat screen television and clock radio with MP3 attachments (great if you bring your IPOD). The carpet was really pretty and the bed had reading lights attached to the headboard for guests. Extra pillows were located in the closet and the bathroom included an assortment of Bath and Body Works products.

Parking was free and was located close to the airport (although I did not fly in). I knew several other guests who used their shuttle service and said that it was reliable.

I was in Dallas for a conference for the Dallas Cowboys so I got their rate of $99 per night. The hotel was located near Texas Stadium but that's pretty much all it was near except for the airport. The city of Dallas is so spread out though so you would find this just about anyplace in the Metro-area.

• Liked — The Marriott bed!
  • Disliked — Not close to a lot of touristy stuff/
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

We were coming to Dallas/Fort Worth for a family wedding and reunion.

The wedding and party were being held at this hotel and for ease of travel we stayed here.

What a great hotel and accomodating staff. Free airport shuttle, beautiffuly redecorated rooms with plasma TVs, thick towels, and a luxurious bed and lots of extras - coffee and tea in the rooms, internet access, clock, radio, games and movies. Everything you need. The hotel has 3 restaurants on site, 24 hour room service and a great pool and outdoor patio area.

The entire hotel is non-smoking, Our return flight on Sunday was canceled and we had an extra 3 hours to kill until our new flight but the hotel allowed us a late-check out and access to the pools and patio while we waited. They then offered us free shuttle to the airport even after we had checked out hours before.

I would recommend this hotel to any family, business traveler or group coming to the area who does not need to stay int he "thick" of it.

• Liked — Clean, quiet, beautiful
  • Disliked — Distance from downtown
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Daytona Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

I was at this hotel for a conference in July. Overall, I can highly recommend this hotel with only a few reservations. I will say that the rooms were nicely appointed with a comfortable bed, nice tv, good lighting, big picture windows, and oddly enough, really pretty carpet. The bathroom needed a little work and the towels were really scratchy.

The conference facilities were fine; they all seem the same to me. There could have been more women's bathrooms as the line was always out the door.

The pool area is really quite nice.

My only true complaint with this hotel is actually an indirect one; a group of 10 conference goers decided to take a trip to a local restaurant for dinner; we were suggested by the concierge desk to try P.F. Chang's. We made a booking with the taxi clerk behind the counter (yes, I know he does NOT work for Marriott but he is behind their counter taking arrangements) for two towncars with five people each. When I asked for a price I was told that it was "very cheap"... I found out later another member of my party asked him the same thing and he said "$2 per mile" (Per car, I assume.)

After our 7 minute ride to the restaurant, each driver asked for $25- one way! We grudgingly paid this unreasonable rate, and I called the Marriott to ask about alternate transportation on the way home. They told me they were unable to assist, and gave me the telephone number for a shuttle service, which I promptly called. After 10 minutes on hold with the shuttle, I finally reached a representative and they told me they only pick up out of Houston. So I was left hanging.

Eventually I spoke to the management at P.F. Chang's who took pity on us and had two of their hostesses drive us back to the Marriott- we tipped them for their kindness, and I complained once again to the concierge desk. I was told that the manager on duty would be informed, and I asked that he get in touch with me, which never occurred.

I do realize that the Marriott is not responsible for the taxi clerks behind their counter, but when a guest calls and has a problem with paying $100 round trip for approximately 15 minutes of the drivers' time, I would hope to find better service- this is why people book conferences at Marriotts, not Super 8s. I have contacted the concierge manager (not sure of the official title) and did receive a call back but we have been playing phone tag and I have not been able to speak with him directly.

• Liked — nice rooms
  • Disliked — location is near NOTHING else
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Grandview, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2007

I stayed at this facility for a weekend conference, so my experience was limited in many regards.

Check-in: Absolutely effortless and very quick.

Room: As with many Marriott properties, the room has been recently redecorated and was very nice. Very comfortable linens and bed. I especially liked the small halogen reading light in the headboard. While I was alone, I could see where this would be very nice for a shared room when someone is trying to sleep and wants the ambient light out. The desk / work area was large. A nice flat screen TV was very viewable. The room was very quiet with no outside noise intrusion, although I did have a floor stomper in the room above me. I was surprised at the transmitted noise in a new construction high-rise.

On the downside, the bathroom was a bit tight -- I had to squeeze around the toilet to close the door to get to the shower -- my older body did not appreciate that. Also, I had some difficulty getting the room temperature down a bit for sleeping comfort. By the second night, I just turned the fan on high and set the thermostat as low as it would let me go...and slept better.

Meals: Due to adjustment to time zone changes and an early morning conference start time, I opted for room service for breakfast on day one rather than risk a delay in the restaurant. The meal was excellent, hot, and delivered a few minutes early by a very courteous server. For lunch, I avoided the mob scene at the restaurant and simply bought a sandwich at the coffee / snack counter in the lobby. The food was good, though a bit over-priced. I did stick my head into the restaurant to look and it seemed as though their service and meal selection was good. a relative picked me up for dinner the two nights I was there, so had no other food experience except buuying a breakfast pastry the second morning.

Conference Facilities: Very nice. I was in a small room, but staff attention to needs was great.

Other: I looked at the pool area and it seemed nice.

Staff: Very courteous, pleasant, helpful and unobstrussive.

Location. There is nothing else around this facility. There is a Subway sandwich shop across the street in the Bank of America building, but nothing else close by. This is located in a light industrial area, so I am guessing this hotel serves as a convenient airport location for conferences, etc.

Shuttle: There is a free airport shuttle. Some in our group were able to take the shuttle to the Grapevione Outlet Mall for $15 a person. That seemed a bit steep to me since the mall is not all that far away, however there are no cabs waiting to take you anywhere either.

There is a handy computer in the lobby that allows you to print-out your electronic boarding passes for the airport. I appreciated that.

Check-out: Painless.

Gripe: This actually applies to all Marriott properties. They charge $9.95 a day for Internet access. Granted, you also get unlimited telephone access too, but how many of us use that. Every budget to moderately-priced hotel I stay in has free high-speed and/or wireless Internet access, so I have a liitle trouble paying this fee in a much higher-priced hotel.

• Liked — Cleanliness and comfort.
  • Disliked — Nothing near the hotel (light industrial area).
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott North? Share your experiences!