“Wonderful stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Arrived after a long day of travel. Megan greeted us with a smile and offered an upgraded room and free wi-fi being that we are Silver Elite members. She was quite gracious and helped us navigate a place for dinner our first night. The room was well appointed and stocked with extra linens per my request. The bartender was not up to par, not helpful, knowledgeable nor was he at the bar when we tried to order a drink on a Friday night. However, the bell staff was quite helpful and hunted him down. We had a lake view room which was much appreciated. We utilized the fitness facility which was very basic and the pool area. I would recommend this hotel to others. Walking distance to a few restaurants and driving distance (5 min.) to many others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Good clean room, extra pillows like I requested, good location on Lake Carolyn. We stayed on lake side, balcony and nice view. Resturant had good service, little pricey but very convenient.
Could not get Heater to warm room over 68* didn't report until checkout, desk said they would take care of it. Friendly staff, good housekeeping.
Location (entrance) a little hard to find even with GPS.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the lake side view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Moorpark, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The hotel is perfectly adequate. The best description I can give of the rooms is "institutional" - blah decor, heavy doors, generally dull. My room was reasonably sized and my bathroom was quite large, with plenty of counter space. Amenities included pleasant Bath and Body Works shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, and mouthwash. Air conditioning was quiet and comfortable. I had a room overlooking the lake with a small balcony. As only a Silver elite member, I did not have any special privileges.

The business setup is poor. The worst was the Internet access, which will cost you $9.95 or more a day, and which I found difficult to connect to (either wired or wireless) and completely unreliable. There's a phone on the desk, but it does not have a speaker. The business center downstairs charges for everything but boarding passes.

The fitness center isn't bad, with treadmills, elliptical machines, bikes, and lighter free weights.

Service was fine, and best in the restaurant. If you don't have a car this will be pretty much your only option. The menu is short but varied enough.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for business last week, it was being used as additional sleeping rooms for our conference that was being held at the Four Seasons. When I was told I could move over to the Four Seasons after 2 nites at the Marriott I did. I left my designer prescription glasses on the nitestand of the room by mistake. I had left the key in the room and was late to getting to Four Seasons so just figured I could call later in the day to retrieve them. When I called the hotel I could never speak to lost and found department. The room was already cleaned by housekeeper as a checkout, yet the computer still had as occupied. The room was checked but of course the glasses were not there. I could never get any follow up on getting my glasses back even when I called again the next 2 days.....they seemed bothered and put out by it. Imagine how I feel without the glasses. This was handled so poorly. As a frequent guest of Marriott hotels I expected much better customer service.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
orlando, florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed for a week. Hotel is centrally located as per other reviewers. Hotel property is current - only downside is no power panel in rooms. Concierge level staff was very friendly but the food was inconsistent. I enjoyed the fresh fruits and vegetables but the breakfast choices beyond this were meager and inconsistent. Similiar experience with evening selections. I like firm beds and this Marriott's mattresses were acceptable. I am Marriott Gold but I did not feel I was well accomodated. I request a high floor room away from the elevator and with an eastern (morning) view and balcony. I was offered a room mid-floor directly across from the elevator - very noisy on several nights as a result. Upon assessing the room, I inquired and requested to be moved but was told "no more rooms were available". During the week I stayed I noticed that simply was not the case. Doubt I will stay at this property again due to this lack of respect and mis-representation.

Room Tip: The rooms facing east have a nice view of the skyline in the distance and overlook a large man-made...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The hotel is centrally located in the Dallas area if you need to access a variety of areas in Dallas. The service is excellent and the hotel is clean and well maintained. The lobby and restaurant could use a facelift because the decor is stuck in the 90's. On a nice day or evening it is a pleasure to sit on the back deck overlooking the small Las Colinas lake. Like most Marriotts, wi-fi is not complementary which I don't understand and drives me crazy. The bed is great and the water pressure is average.

Overall a very good hotel and what you expect with a Marriott hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hagerstown, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel is situated on a lake with a nice walking path around it. The hotel is within walking distance of the DART train station which makes for an easy trip to downtown Dallas. The Irving convention center is close as well. There are eateries within walking distance.

Some rooms have balconies, which is a nice touch. The staff is friendly.

There is a nice breakfast buffet. Jose is an excellent waiter.

The hotel was quiet and clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeview.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dallas Marriott Las Colinas? Share your experiences!