“Nice Marriott in the DFW Area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #35 of 76 Hotels in Irving
West Palm Beach
“Nice Marriott in the DFW Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at the Las Colina Marriott in early Ocotber 2012. Las Colinas is mixed business and residential area in is right on a lake. There is residential unit mixed with business and hotels in the general area around Las Colinas Blvd. Check in was fast, friendly and efficient. My rate included free internet and free buffet breakfast... Score! Lobby was nice and definitely welcoming upon entry. Check in desk to left and nice bar area. All very impressive entry / lobby areas. Elevator service was terrific, never waited long for an elevator- a major plus. Room had 3 doubles - would have preferred a king, but for the rate with freebies, I'll take it Bed were typical Marriott. Very comfortable with white comfortable and plenty of pillows. Room was also typical Marriott - flat screen TV, work area / desk, clean (CLEAN) bathroom and clean room carpet. All in all, nice stay. Recommended for a business traveler in the DFW area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Savannah, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've stayed here a few times for work. The last time I realized that there was a massive leak coming from the upstairs unit above me, and it had flooded my bathroom. The hotel was fully booked so they had to put me in a sub-par room, which is understandable. What was not understandable was that no credit was issued for the change.

Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I checked into the Dallas Marriott Las Colinas last night. It was my worst Marriott experience ever.

I travel extensively for work and pleasure, and hotel stays are rarely perfect. I do not expect perfection, but I do not expect that every single interaction with hotel staff is completely negligent, however.

I checked in with a reservation for a king size bed. I got a room with two double beds. No big deal.

I tried to get online by plugging in the LAN cable. It did not work. It was not connected to any port on the wall or phone. No where to logically plug it in. It was like the bridge to nowhere.

So, I tried the wireless network. It did not work either. I had to call their hotel wireless support line and they spent 15 minutes troubleshooting and finally had to give me some inane IP number I had to enter to access it. First time I have had to call wireless support in a hotel in... well, I cannot think of another time in the last decade.

After working late, I called for a wake up call at 5.05am. Slept well. No wake up call in the morning, ever. Luckily, I set a backup.

Workout room had a waiting line of 5 people to access 7 pitiful machines. The room spelled like a gym locker.

I was hungry when done working out. I called for breakfast at 6.15am to be delivered at 7am. I called at 7.10am asking for my breakfast. They would call me back. They did, at 7.25am. They never took my room number. Did I want breakfast now? No, late to leave for a meeting.

Avoid this place; it is a complete disappointment.

Room Tip: Avoid this Marriott like the plague.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Friendly people. Big rooms with great views of lake and good location. Near las colinas business center, country club, and convention center. Received best pricing on pricline. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Recently Divorced and in the middle of a Long Move and relocation....This hotel really excelled in making everything easier. Room Service is worth the price!! Nice friendly staff and atmosphere. Large Bright rooms- and very clean and comfortable. Well staffed and very helpful, Management is very friendly and lowered my rate for an extended stay. Great place to stay!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Claysville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We just got back from a 7 day stay here. Everything was clean and the staff couldn't have been any nicer. There is a really good restauraunt in the hotel and a really nice bar and lounge in the lobby, although room services prices were a little high. I stayed here because I had business meetings right across the street, but as long as I don't have anything I have to watch on TV, I would certainly stay here whenever I come to the Dallas area. They apparently just switched from another TV system to Direct TV and we had almost no reception on it which irritated my husband because he was wanting to watch the US Open.

Room Tip: If you want a lake view, ask for an odd numbered room. Central rooms have balconies on this side, b...
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were in Dallas to watch Alabama play Michigan in the Cowboy Kickoff Classic. This review is based on a two night stay.

We flew into Dallas Love field and selected this hotel based on location and on price as compared to other Marriotts in Dallas.

Las Colinas is a business and residential area. There are condo's in front of this location. A very attractive high rise hotel located on a lake.

Check in: Very quick and efficient. Staff was very courteous and honored room requested.
Lobby: Nice size with a bar located in center of lobby.
Elevators: Three of them and we never had to wait long for an elevator.
Rooms: Double beds>There is room for them to put in Queens which would be preferred. Standard Marriott bedding and provided a good night's sleep.

Restaurant: We used this for breakfast on both days. The buffet was terrific!
STAFF: Excellent customer service skills. They were very helpful with providing directions and recommendations.

There is Bar/ estaurant, The Cellar, which is withing a long walking distance, but well worth it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Dallas Marriott Las Colinas? Share your experiences!