“Excellent Stay..Nice Room and Good Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #5 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Houston, Texas, United States
“Excellent Stay..Nice Room and Good Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Had a very nice room with kitchenette, big desk, fold out couch which we didn't need but nice to know next time if more in party..and loved the huge shower..Breakfast was good..The texas shaped waffles were very cute and tasty..with strawberry jam, whip cream and chocolate chips available..great breakfast..

Room Tip: Our room was comfy and had huge shower we loved. Bed was good..couch made into bed if needed..kitche...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is just across the highway from the Parking Spot -- so when flying out of DFW this is a great location.

The room was very clean, nicely decorated and comfortable.
The staff was friendly.
Breakfast was good.
Hotel Parking was free and close to door.

Met all of our needs of a place to stay close to the airport parking.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family stayed for two days at this hotel. Because it was Christmas, the hotel was not too crowded. We had a really nice room with two TVs. My daughter enjoyed the pool and the breakfast had a nice selection including whole milk which is hard to find at most other hotels. Be careful using the GPS to find the hotel. We were taken to the other side of town but the front desk staff assisted us when we called. It is really close to the airport and car rental building of the airport. What is not great is this hotel shares property with the Courtyard so it's name does not show on some maps. We would stay here again.

Stayed December 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

Our stay was part business part pleasure and the hotel was great. We really enjoyed the studio suite. Very comfortable room. We had breakfast and a workout each day and even had dinner one night. The food was just fine for what it was. The hot tub was not working during our stay which was disappointing and the pool room was very cold.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Brigham City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

I was surprised by the size of these rooms. A great place especially for multiple day stays. The breakfast was great, many options to choose from. The staff was all excellent. This would be a great place to stay for business or leisure.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

Stayed one night prior to a 5 night vacation. Room was very nice, the staff very helpful and it's less than 10 mins from the airport. The feature that I liked was free parking for up to 7 nights and a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport. If your flying out of DFW and need a nice hotel/parking/shuttle combo this is an excellent choice. It would be a good hotel option for business travelers coming to Dallas as well.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

So let's be clear, this review is not just about the hotel but the meeting sales staff too.

I booked a last minute meeting at this hotel a few weeks ago. For the most part, the entire weekend they were clueless. The room was good. It was new and freshly appointed which is the heartbreak of this review. I don't like to leave bad reviews.

Sales Staff - Awful. They have NO clue how to deal with events. The contract was not properly apportioned and they tried to tack on extra fees. Be forewarned, if you are a meeting event planner, they will bait and switch. Especially if they think you have money. Be very very careful. Quote one rate, charge another, tack on ridiculous fees. POOR conflict resolution. I still do not have my bill and read my reviews I do not say anything bad ever so this absolutely had to be a bad hotel. Worst thing, my set-up was terrible and they put out no skirting and stained, yes stained tablecloths. Don't hold your wedding there unless you want grandma noticing random stains on your tables and keeping her legs crossed because again no skirting.

Even for a business type hotel, I can give them this, maybe they don't hold events. However, they are completely off base and the Sales Department needs extensive training. Comments like, "I'm done here, you can take it up with Marriott Corporate" are not conflict resolution. Or how about this one, we normally charge $1500 a day for this space, so you should be paying more after the fact even though you were quoted and agreed to $300. We have your credit card..so we'll just charge you what we think you should owe. To this date, I have yet to get my settlement from this place. Its ridiculous.

Sleeping Room/Accommodations - Friendly, good night desk manager. Came in late, effortlessly found my reservation. Morning group not so much. Seemed to be more interested in guarding the breakfast area from people who came in but didn't stay there. Also, breakfast was awful. It was just bad. I cannot say enough about how I don't complain, but this was just not good. I actually skipped and went to McDonald's. They need to step up their meals if they are going to charge over $100 a night.

Business Area - Out in the open, sat there patiently waiting to print a packing slip while a mom checked her Facebook for over an hour and let her kid play video games before I could print out my packing slip. Neither printer worked, finally a techie came over and performed magic and it started working again. Later on I saw someone enduring the same struggle I had. Boarding pass printer was low on ink. But it worked.

Overall Experience. This hotel is OK but don't hold an event there. And whatever you do, don't mention your income. I currently have a dispute on my card and a letter into Marriott Corporate and no...this will not go away. I feel sorry for the chain owners here because I feel like they are going to have their meeting rooms dark or if they hold an event, their Sales Director is going to run off the next group. Maybe they just events one time. Either way the entire hotel is overpriced, disorganized, and needs a lot of coaching.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Been to Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving? Share your experiences!