“Fantastic hotel and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 76 hotels in Irving
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Fantastic hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The 3 weeks I spent here were amazing!!! Beautiful rooms very clean. Quiet atmosphere. Charles and other shuttle drivers were super cool and informative. FREE breakfast and happy hour food and drinks Drinks were awesome. But Employee , Maylene was fabulous!!!!!!!!! Very accompanying! I will highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a really nice Residence Inn. The staff was terrific, extremely helpful and friendly after a diverted flight and unexpected overnight in Dallas. Rooms are updated, standard Residence Inn fare, just newer than most. My only hesitation is for those who go to sleep early or wake up late and are sensitive to noise: at least on the night I stayed, there was substantial aircraft noise as planes were taking off (or landing?). Unless I was there on an atypical flight track day, you WILL hear plane noise. I stopped noticing it as much after 10 or so, but it picked up again promptly at 6 a.m. Otherwise, great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Excellent service. Knowledgeable staff. Spotless room and accommodations. Super convenient to the airport, nearby restaurants and shopping. Will stay hear again when in need of overnight accommodations close to the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Brought my goddaughters to Dallas from Kansas so we could sightsee and hang out, and this place had a two-bedroom suite so I decided to try it. We were thrilled with this hotel!
First, it has a full kitchen with dishes, silverware and pots/pans, and they even provide a dishwasher soap cube in case you need it. But they encourage you to leave your dishes in the sink and the maid cleans everything up and turns the dishwasher on for you each day... as well as cleaning the room. We were greeted very warmly when we checked in and asked if we needed help unloading the car. This hotel is literally five minutes from DFW Airport, and I saw a shuttle bus that goes with the hotel, in case you need it.
Breakfast is included with the room each day. We had fun making our own waffles and putting whipped cream and nuts and berries on them. We also ate eggs, sausage, potatoes, English muffins, muffins, yogurt with granola, biscuits and gravy, and fruit throughout our stay. The food choices change up a little each day.
The suite itself was very clean and had a great set-up. The girls' room was on the opposite side of the living room so I couldn't hear them giggling at night and they couldn't hear me. Of course, they have the firm, comfy Marriott beds in each room. I gave them the king sized bed and stayed in the room with the queen.
Besides a tiny kitchen, there is a table with two comfy chairs, a desk with a swivel chair, and a couch that apparently folds out to make a bed. Seats two easily, three if you like each other. All three rooms had flat screen TV's in them.
We used this hotel as a jumping off place to go to the Dallas Zoo and the Aquarium (A MUST!), as well as the JFK Museum. They were all about thirty minutes away. There are also restaurants and the big Irving Mall nearby, with a movie theater.
The girls also tried both the indoor pool at our hotel (saltwater) and the outdoor pool at the sister Courtyard Marriott next door. Both were smallish, but not many people were swimming. The air conditioner worked really well. We felt very comfortable the whole time we were there, and safe.

Now for a few negatives. There was road noise, as you are on a big highway. I always bring a sound machine with me, so not a problem for me. And the girls didn't notice it at all. I'm a light sleeper. Which is why the blinking light in the smoke detector above the bed drove me nuts each night. I learned to cover my head with the sheets. We did hear airplanes, but not until Sunday.
There were no paper towels in the room, but when I called the front desk, they suggested we come get napkins from the coffee area. They are the big fancy serviettes you usually save for parties. We took plenty.
There is fancy Paul Mitchell shampoo (3) and conditioner for the shower, but no shower cap or lotion, so bring your own.
Both bathrooms in this suite had railings and seats in the tub for handicapped accessibility. My seat was stuck in a 45 degree angle and wouldn't go up or down. Not a problem for me because I only take showers and it was on the last half of the tub. There is a phone in each bathroom, too, in case someone gets into trouble. I did see several people who looked like they were patients coming to Dallas to get medical care.
All in all, a fabulous hotel! I asked what the longest is that anyone has stayed there and the front desk staff said 380 days. I can see why. Very comfortable!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the highway and see if it is quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

What a beautiful room. For the price of a regular hotel you get double the amenities. Staff was extra helpful and breakfast was exactly what I was looking for with my family. Quiet, clean, spacious, free wifi what more can you ask for. Oh and they also have a printer and computer to help with printing your airline boarding pass right in lobby. This place goes above and beyond.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Martinez, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed there for two weeks in March while in town for training. A deciding factor in choosing this hotel was the great rating it had here on Trip Advisor. The hotel is in great shape overall and the rooms are better than I had hoped.

I had a King Studio suite and loved it. This is the first time I have had a room look exactly like the picture on the website. The room was spacious and well lit in all areas. The bathroom area is not very big but I still found it to be very functional. Decent closet and drawer space. The desk area provided for a workspace was perfect for my needs and had several, conveniently placed power outlets and ethernet ports. I had no problems with the free wifi signal. I was very impressed with the well-stocked kitchen in the room (flatware, dishes, pots & pans, etc) which also had a full size refrigerator with a working ice-maker.

If I have a single complaint about the room, it would only be the choice of available TV channels. Even when out of town, I like a little downtime watching TV. While certainly not a big deal, the available programming was weak at best, especially the Showtime channel.

As many others have commented, the staff at this hotel is great. Every employee I encountered at the front desk was very pleasant, professional, and helpful, right down to the young man who worked the desk after midnight during the week. These folks are getting it right when it comes to customer service.

The hotel provides free breakfast every day and free dinner Monday through Thursday. The food is nothing special but it's also not bad, especially since it's free. Set your expectations accordingly and you won't be disappointed with this nice option. The hotel also has a small coin-operated laundromat with current appliances in good working order and they give you detergent and fabric softener for free at the front desk. Another nice touch in my opinion.

Overall, I was extremely happy with my experience at this hotel and would go out of my way to stay there again on future trips.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side face the interstate and some may consider this a bit noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed here for just one night in February. We changed hotels to here because of the crazy construction traffic in Fort Worth and we were worried about catching an international flight in the morning. We wish we had stayed here instead of 2 nights at another hotel. The rooms were immaculate, and the bed was very comfortable. The gym area was nice with more equipment than I expected. The front desk staff was very helpful, and referred us to a nice restaurant nearby. The shuttle service was very prompt.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving? Share your experiences!