“Exceeded my expectations, great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #3 of 76 hotels in Irving
Chicago, Illinois
“Exceeded my expectations, great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

It was my first time staying at this property, since I usually stay at the larger Marriott when in the area, but this was quite a pleasant surprise. The staff just bent over backwards by being courteous, offering suggestions, remembering my name and needs, etc. The room was nice and the free breakfast was quite good as well. I stayed four nights and the courtesy shuttle takes you anywhere within 5 miles, which is a great help without a rental car.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stopped in at this hotel for a couple of nights on a business trip into the Dallas Ft. Worth area. I looked hard to find something wrong with this Hotel, but it was immaculate. The staff was friendly, the room was very clean, the facilities were spotless as well.

On the fourth, and top, floor airport noise was not a factor at all. I never noticed aircraft noise inside the room. The noise I did here, was form the highway that is adjacent to the hotel. While it was not enough to interrupt sleep, it was noticeable in the room, but not bothersome.

Like most Residence Inns, a meal is served 4 nights a week, and breakfast is available every day.

For out of towners, the most difficult problem to overcome is the idiosyncrasies of the Texas road system.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here close to 3 months on a business trip. the hotel is newly built [Dec 2011]. the rooms are clean and spacious. location is perfect. staff is nice and warm. nice laundry. free drop off and pick up from airport.

if i am back in dallas/irving again, i know where is am heading.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Always skeptical of airport hotels, I booked the Residence Inn after many positive Trip Advisor reviews, and the hotel did not disappoint. I am a Platinum Marriott Rewards member and stay and many of the Marriott branded hotels each year, this newer property has a great staff, convenient airport location, and an AMAZING BONUS -- each Wednesday night, a massage therapist offers chair massages in the lobby for $1/minute. This feature alone would make me a repeat customer. I wish more Marriotts of all brands would offer this. Thanks!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mike T, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
I'm glad you liked the surprise. Our Irving Residence Inn opened in Dec of 2011 and we are all very proud of our property. I hope my staff treated you like family. I wanted to do something differerent for our guests during the week so I added the massage bonus. I'm glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to you returning to see us. Sincerely Mike Testerman- General Manager
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

After a long HOT day at 6 flags, this was hotel awesome to come "home" too. There were 5 of us (2 adults and 3 kids). Check in was kind of slow, but I think the guy was fairly new and he was all by himself. The lobby was very, very nice and modern. When we got to the room we were blown away with how nice it looked, very good set up also. There was plenty of room for all of us to sleep comfortably and the kitchen area was nice with a lot of counter space to put our food on, so it didn't come into our living area. We got a very reasonable price for such high class accomidations. It was like getting two rooms for one. We will definitely stay there again the next time we go to 6 flags. It was a bit of a drive, but not far. Great location close to the airport. One downside, is I wish there were more restraunts nearby.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mike T, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I'm very delighted that you took the time to write a review for our property and you enjoyed the hotel as well as Six Flags. Our property opened in December 2011 and we are glad you chose us for you trip to the Irving area. I look forward to having you come back and see us and thank you again for your kind comments.
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We booked four rooms on a business trip to move closer to the airport from our hotel in Addison as we had an early flight. The hotel is just pristine and loaded with amenities. Due to the epic hailstorm last Wednesday, the staff told us to get to the airport early on Thursday as the airport would be slammed due to cancelled flights. We caught the 5 a.m. hotel shuttle but the lady on duty offered us muffins and coffee prior to their regular breakfast and went the extra mile to take care of folks taking the early shuttle. Great location, high value for your money, and you will be extremely pleased with this property. On our next trip we may stay longer at this property due to its phenomenal service level.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Mike T, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel and staff. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and I really appreciate your comments. I will enusre that the staff reveives your comments. I look forward to you visiting us again soon. Sincerely, Mike Testerman
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed here at this Residence Inn during a quick turn around trip in Dallas. It was close to the airport and had a complimentary shuttle to get back and forth. This property is fairly new and you can tell the staff is proud of it.

I arrived at about 5:00 pm and check in was very smooth. The clerk informed me of dinner that was being served in the lobby starting at 5:30. It was very handy as I did not have a vehicle and the food was good.

My room was a studio suite which was quite roomy, especially for one person. The room was clean and had everything I needed for one night.

When I went down for dinner I met the General Manager at the desk who explained to me about the free internet. He told me they had upgraded again for better service so wanted to know how my experience was after using the internet. I shared my ease of use with the gal at checkout the next morning.

I pre-arranged for a ride on the shuttle for my flight out of DFW. That went smoothly as well. They serve a breakfast that is included in the room rate but I left the hotel before breakfast was served. The desk clerk offered to get me some fruit and a danish to go. That was very thoughtful and I really appreciated it.

This Residence Inn is great and I will stay there again anytime I have the opportunity to stay in the Dallas area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our property. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope we will get to see you again soon. I will ensure all my staff views your comments. Sincerely Mike Testerman

Been to Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving? Share your experiences!