“One Word Awesome!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Hattiesburg, MS
“One Word Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on business and I would have to say this was a very enjoyable stay. The desk reception was warm and welcoming. The room accommodations were great, bed comfortable, nice size fridge in room. I needed to cut my stay short and the staff was gracious enough to let me canx the last night at no extra charge. I like the small basketball court outside it was a nice change from just your standard pool for exercise. The location was great only about a 3 to 5 minute drive to nice restaurants and shopping. Traffic also not bad if driving, easy out and in during all times of the day.

Room Tip: Room 141 on first floor close to lobby, but quick access to outside parking and getting luggage in a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
SBS-DALLC, Guest Services Representative at Staybridge Suites Dallas-Las Colinas Area, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful response. I am so glad you enjoyed your trip here with us and that we were able to make you feel welcome. I'm thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our sports court and had a good time even on a business trip. We hope to see you in the future - business or leisure.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Locust Dale, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is the best place to stay in the area of the DFW airport bar none. It's had a recent facelift and had the more comfortable beds we've slept on in ages. The room was clean and cool when we arrived.

The only glitch was that they put us in a smoking suite first, but quickly changed the room without a hassle.

The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. The breakfast was superior---HIGHLY recommend!!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong--pick any room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SBS-DALLC, Guest Services Representative at Staybridge Suites Dallas-Las Colinas Area, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Donald,

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize again for the minor mishap with placing you in a smoking room but I'm glad we quickly resolved the issue. We are so glad you enjoyed our renovations and we hope you'll be able to come back again soon to enjoy our property.
Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This was our first time to stay at a Staybridge property though we have stayed at other IHG properties (Intercontinental, Holiday Inn, Crown Plaza, etc). We selected this location because my wife was attending a conference nearby and also because it was a pet friendly hotel. The location was ideal for us. It was a short driving distance from the Irving Convention Center where my wife was attending a conference. There were also a number of restaurants (Indian-Saregama, Greek, Italian and many fast food restaurants-Subway, McDonalds) within walking distance and many more just a short drive away. There was also a park nearby, which our dog enjoyed. Another reason we chose this property was because an ad we saw claimed that the property was recently "renovated." This proved to be only partially true. The kitchen in each suite was redone and I must admit they had a done a great job on remodeling the kitchen area. However, not much else appears to have been renovated. The couch was "original": sagging, stained, fraying cushions at the seams...had seen better days and was uncomfortable to sit on. Most of the rest of the furniture appeared old as well. The bed itself was good though I thought it was strange to see such small pillows. Usually hotels tend to have king size pillows, this one had such small ones that were barely enough to rest your head on. The AC was also noisy. I am guessing the AC units were not replaced during the "renovation." The free breakfast was pretty good though I found the kitchen staff to be indifferent. The front desk staff though were very good and pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jeff P, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Dallas-Las Colinas Area, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
OklahomaProfessor,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to leave detailed comments about your recent stay with us. We are so glad you liked our location and the front desk staff. We do sincerely apologize that you were not satisfied with our furniture and pillows. We do our very best to fulfill the expectations of our guests within our hotel and are constantly working towards improving our property. Your comments will help us continue to refine our hotel and its amenities, so again we thank you for your review. Again, we are so sorry for any unmet expectations and we hope to be able to meet and even exceed them again in the future.
Windermere, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

What a great hotel!!! My first time EVER staying at a StayBridge Suites. It was beyond my expectations. Mindy was awesome. The GM and front desk staff did anything you needed. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable. I'm glad I will be staying there again soon. So many resturant choices. Also shuttle to the airport if needed!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jeff P, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Dallas-Las Colinas Area, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
We thank you for such great compliments for the Staybridge Suites- DFW - North. Your review was sent to the Staybridge Suites Dallas-Las Colinas. We will be sure to share your wonderful review with the staff of Staybridge Suites DFW-North.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed here for three nights when I had to attend training with my company in Irving, TX. My room was clean and contained a small kitchen area with a fridge and a sink. My room also contained a desk area and a TV on a dresser. The hotel has free wi fi which is great. In the mornings, they put out free breakfast that included hot food, bagels, muffins, fruit, and cereal; it was a nice spread. They have a happy hour three days a week but not on Mondays. There really isn't much around the hotel within walking distance so it is a little boring at night. There is no hotel bar which is surprising.

Room Tip: You do not want a handicap room on the first floor if you are not in need of that.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jeff P, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Dallas-Las Colinas Area, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Sorry for the inconvenience but It is our brand standard to have our evening social on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings which includes complimentary light meal, beer, wine and soft drinks. We hope we will have the opportunity to be of service to you in the future.
Affton, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Extremely friendly staff at a nice hotel. Spacious two room suites with updates. I arrived late and checked in quickly. My room was a comfortable temperature (it was a chilly 35 degrees outside when I arrived) and the room was very inviting and CLEAN. The suite included a kitchen with full size frig, two burner stove, micro, dishwasher and dishes, pots/pans and coffee maker. There was a bar type table peninsula for dining. The living room area had a work desk with free wifi/ethernet, comfortable couch with reading lamps, coffee tables and a larger TV. The bedroom was equipped with a 36" TV, king size bed with comfortable linens and pillows. This may have been the best night sleep I have ever had in a hotel. The bed was firm but still soft. The bathroom was snug (had to stand in tub or next to toilet to close the door), but feasible. The towels looked nice, but left something to be desired. They were very rough and left you feeling a little damp.

Overall, the stay was very comfortable and I would stay there again if traveling through the Irving area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind remarks. We certainly appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We will look at the issue with the towels and see how may improve the texture.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have to say I didn't have the best experience, but I think it may have ben an anomaly. I stayed here with my wife and daughter for a cheerleading competition in Dallas. That was mistake number one, staying too far, as traffic was horrendous into downtown. As for the hotel, the area is clean and safe, in the business district of Irving, Texas. The hotel itself is nice, clean and comfortable. Staff is super nice, breakfast was very good, parking is easy. The room was comfortable with flat-screen TV, kitchenette, good water pressure in the shower, etc. My issues were mainly with the other guests. On our first night, there was a happy hour and there were literally 20-30 men in the lobby (just men, no women, no boys or girls), most Arabic or Indian looking, & just full-on leering at my wife and teenage daughter. Must be a cultural thing, but it definitely felt a lot creepy. 2nd & 3rd night we had THE WORST neighbors, a super loud black couple hoopin' and hollerin' until 1am. The staff called them each night and they calmed down a bit. 4th night there were people drinking beer at the pool right outside our window until midnight. This all may sound relatively mild, but it's highly annoying when you need to be up early and you need some sleep. Three poor-sleep nights in a row does not make a happy guest. My only issue with the room was the refrigerator, each time the motor turned off, it made 4 loud knocking sounds that sounded exactly like someone knocking on the hotel door. That was every 2 hours all weekend, and woke us up a few times also. Like I said, probably an anomaly in terms of the frig' and the other guests, but if you don't also have those particular issues, this is a great place to stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Jeff P, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Dallas-Las Colinas Area, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the conditions that did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that the issue you have raised about the refrigerator has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Been to Staybridge Suites Dallas-Las Colinas Area? Share your experiences!