“Excellent flavor, good variety, great service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #173 of 475 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Samosa Hut and Grill provides a fusion flavored menu specializing in over 9 flavors of samosas, succulent grill favorites such as asian inspired beef ribs, cornish hens, saucy and spicy curries and fusion inspired sandwiches, salads and a wide array of tasty appetizers including Samosa Hut's signature fried cassava
Palm Springs, California
“Excellent flavor, good variety, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Friendly staff, casual atmosphere and authentic taste. It can be mobbed, depending on time of day, but that doesn't effect the service at all which remains quick and efficient. Taste anything on the menu and the reason for their popularity is clear.

• Visited September 2012

Hurst, TX
“Awesome Samosas!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We went to Samosa Hut, because we had a coupon and we were sure glad we found this place! We ordered the Bakers dozen samosa plate and chose vegetable, traditional beef and chicken and Thai chicken. All were excellent, lightly cooked, flakey crust and perfectly spiced. Then, we shared the Chicken Tikka, which was kabobs of chicken, perfectly cooked with just the right amount of spice. We have returned four times since and had a great experience, except for the Vindaloo, which tasted and looked like it was made with ketchup. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited April 2012
Dallas
“Great Food & Nice People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I was hungry for something REALLY spicy so, I found the reviews for this spot and tried Samosa Hut & Grill.....As reviewed, the food was simply excellent.....I asked for it extra spicy and they obliged. BUT, I think one aspect that was brushed over in other reviews and needs to be mentioned is the ambiance, or lack there of, in the restaurant......The floor was bare concrete (where carpet used to be), the booths have seen better days, the candles on the table were 25 cent "tea candles"....you order at the front counter, they give you your drink there, on the way to a table, you grab your own cutlery, glass of ice, & napkins......so, if you are looking for a dressy place or someplace to impress someone, this isn't the place....if you are looking for GREAT Indian food at ridiculously low prices, this IS a great place to go......one more thing, the restaurant does NOT serve alcohol so you can bring your own.....

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Plano, Texas
“Even though it's many miles from home I will go back...tomorrow, no, tonight.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We are adventurers of new places to eat so we gave this a try. My Gosh!!! I was delightfully surprised. My sister & I were looking for a place to eat after visiting the Genghis Khan exhibit at the Irving Arts Ctr; Samosa is one block north in a strip mall, same side of MacArthur. Wish I had a bigger stomach. The staff/owners were friendly & informative (we'd didn't recognize items by the names on the menu...we needed informing). We went with a dish reported to be a favorite, Beef Mishkaki, marinated beef on skewers that was packed full of the most wonderful flavors and so tender. We also tried a couple of "Samosas" (fried stuffed pastries); I should have ordered more of those "to go". They too were full of flavor. When I asked about the flavors (because they were not the ordinary, usual, easy to identify type) I was told they used some African, India, & a dash of Mexican spices. One new spice on me, something called "garam masala"; their "signature" spice; they said it was a combo of many, many spices blended together-very potent, a little goes a long way. Ask for a dish with garam masala if you like your food a bit on the spicy hot side (not too spicy for me, but was for sis). Atmosphere was casual, but the food was elegant, special, and very reasonably priced. It's more or less "self-serve", no "waiter", but, they brought the dishes to the table after ordering. Not sure if they let you bring a bottle of wine in the evening, but that will be something I ask before I go again. I wish Samosa Hut & Grill was in Plano, or at least closer to home. PS, be sure to try the palate cleansing, digestive spice/herb mixture in the bowl at the cash register when your finished with your meal.

• Visited August 2011
Texas
“If I could give ten stars for value and service...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Tonight was the first time we'd tried the Samosa Hut. It will absolutely, definitely not be the last - maybe even not the last time this week. For casual, cheap and tasty Indian-style food, I know of no better option in the area.

We were the only customers in at 7pm on a Monday, so the manager behind the counter explained a lot of the dishes and what he was going for in terms of menu planning etc. He described the curries as East Africa/Indian, and pointed out a lot of the Indian/American fusion dishes (the short ribs, masala fries etc.) My wife and I had a discount coupon that kicked in above a certain amount, but everything was so affordable that it was a real struggle to get over the limit. The manager revealed that the recent snowstorms had knocked out their power so they didn't have all the ingredients for everything on hand, but there was still a wide selection available and we both ordered a varied meal.

Each of the three types of samosas we had as an appetiser were excellent, and at under a dollar apiece great value, too. My chicken tikka skewers were slightly over-charred but very tasty nonetheless, and the cheesecake samosa dessert was delicious. We couldn't even make inroads into our chicken tikka masala, but judging from the look and aroma it's going to make an awesome lunch.

We then overpaid by $20, prompting a quick U-turn back to the restaurant, where we were quickly given our dollars back with a smile.

The service here is so friendly and informative, and the food such great value, that I really hope the neighborhood gets behind Samosa Hut. If you're in the area and want some great Indian/American food with a creative twist at a very low price, you need to get over there.

• Visited February 2011