“Customer Service At It's Best!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 W Royal Lane, Irving, TX 75039   |
Ranked #8 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Customer Service At It's Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at the Nylo for a work trip a few weeks ago. When I returned home, I realized I had left my (very expensive) prescription sunglasses in the safe in my room. Cynthia, the Director of Housekeeping, took down my information and once she located my sunglasses, called me back and left me a message that she had found them. She gave me her cell number to make sure I could reach her - she assured me on the message she would get them back to me as soon as possible. Since they weren't able to reach me, the hotel absorbed the cost of shipping to get them to me. When I told her how much I appreciated her help, she was so humble and gave the credit to Jerry, the Front Desk Manager. They were both incredibly helpful in locating and overnighting my sunglasses and I couldn't be more grateful. This type of customer service doesn't happen as often as it should, but it's what brings guests back and it's really how everyone should treat their customers. I highly recommend staying here...it's a cool, trendy environment with comfy beds, good food and excellent customer service!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your kudos to both Cynthia and Jerry. We understand it can be disconcerting to lose a possession, so we do everything we can to re-unite you with your lost item. We’re happy that you enjoyed your experience with us (even after you left), and hope to serve you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Hobbs, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Everything at this hotel is well thought out and well maintained. The staff is courteous and helpful. The rooms are a bit small but super cool, the ceiling height helps to make the room seem bigger than it is. The finished concrete floors are great for pet owners. We really enjoyed our stay!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for a great review. We’re happy that you found NYLO Las Colinas super cool with our unique loft design. We look forward to seeing you again.
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed at NYLO on a quick business trip to Dallas. Close to DFW and in a nice quiet area. From the moment I walked in, I felt super comfortable, thanks to "Ramon from Philly." He immediately greeted me and gave me a great overview of the hotel so I knew where everything was - pool, restaurant, elevators, etc. - and explained the features in my room, such as the lighting. My room was great - small, but it felt spacious. Great little work desk, couch, super comfy bed, clean bathroom. I love the decor and loft feel.

Service all around was excellent, from Ramon to the wait staff at The Loft, everyone went out of their way to ensure I felt right at home.

With a new office opening in Dallas, I will definitely be coming back to NYLO.

Cedar Hill, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

If you are looking for excellence from the time you enter to the time you exit, NYLO is the place to go! My wife and I went here for an intown "staycation" celebrating our 15 year anniversary. I must say I was thoroughly impressed! I believe that true customer service is a dying art in today's world, but @ NYLO they didn't get the memo! From it's modern decor, clean facilites, warm and friendly staff, great food, SUPER COMFORTABLE BEDS etc,etc I could go on for days! The manager at this establishment understands the needs of his customers and has delivered with pinpoint accuracy! So, if you want a place to stay, in any capacity please believe you will leave as I have singing their praises! KUDOS and we will see y'all next time!

-The Johnsons

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are extremely honored that you spent your 15th anniversary with us, and congratulations! In addition to our unique New York loft-style feel and accommodations, we strive to offer our guests traditional hospitality and service. We look forward to seeing you next time – and hopefully again for your 16th anniversary.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This place is very stylized. If you like it, you like it, if you don't you will hate it. May not be the best place for kids, but great for Business travel. Cement walls are the greatest thing ever. The front desk staff were great. Also In-n-Out is right down the street so you can't beat that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us, and for your kudos to our front desk staff. Our concrete construction not only provides a unique hotel ambiance, but also makes us more energy efficient than most. And in addition to In-n-Out Burger, we are also centrally located to a plethora of great dining options, many within a five-minute walk from the hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Wall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel reminds of a loft apt in NYC. The hotel is industrial in the look and feel, but very comfortable. The rooms are minimalistic, but very nicely done and spacious.
The pool and bar area are second to none, reminds me of the hotel pool areas in Vegas or AC, The casual dining is also very nicely done, the food is pretty good as well. This hotel experience is much better than staying at a budget chain such as the lower end Hiltons or Hyatt.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool would ne recommended
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for a great review! NYLO is here to offer a unique loft-style experience, a departure from the normal hotel experience. In addition to our loft-style guestrooms, we are also happy to offer the Loft Restaurant with its lounge feel and delectable dishes and beverages, as well as our courtyard and pool, which is home to our newly added arbor seating area, as well as our amazing new fire pit. We hope you will return soon to see these new features.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I booked the top floor room with the outdoor terrace and had a written confirmation. Ooops! Somehow the front desk did not have the reservation and gave me a basic room with essentially the same price. Ouch. When I got to the room I cleverly noticed no outdoor space (2nd floor room). I complained and it turns out they gave my room away earlier in the day. I told them to either give me the room I reserved or charge me half price. They did the latter which my wallet was happy about.

The hotel is 4 years old with spacious rooms and a completely concrete / industrial aesthetic with exposed piping etc. It is a play on NYC loft building conversions and it is a generally successful architectural treatment but one that bores me as I have sen it in NYC so many times. But if you are not used to it...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Good Day,

I would like to sincerely apologize for any mishaps and inconveniences that we may have caused for you during your most recent visit. This is not an regular occurrence for our hotel and I appreciate you providing your feedback and am pleased to read that our team was able to rectify the situation. I will further investigate what happened, so that other guests do not have the same experience.

Thank you again and please contact me directly should your travels bring you back to Irving/Las Colinas area.

Best Regards,
Caleb DuBose
Cdubose@nylohotels.com

Been to NYLO Dallas Las Colinas? Share your experiences!