“Great Stay in Fabulous Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

You added NYLO Dallas Las Colinas to your Saves list
NYLO Dallas Las Colinas
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 W Royal Lane, Irving, TX 75039   |
Special Rate
Book Early - 10% Savings!
Ranked #8 of 76 hotels in Irving
“Great Stay in Fabulous Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel for the hip traveller! We had a relaxing weekend enjoying the pool, live music, sunny cabanas and funky loft rooms. It's a great property close to the highways but not near anything 'happening' so make sure you've got a car!
We loved the style of this hotel though and the super big comfortable beds! Staff were lovely too, but no one to help with bags. Would definitely return if I'm in the area...wish there were more properties like this at this great price!

• Stayed March 2013

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Cracow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

After reading some of the negative reviews of this hotel here I was somehow afraid of staying in it but it turned out to be a very good stay.
Rooms are quite small, but that is OK for one person, for couple it would probably be a bit small - it all depends how long you stay in the room.
Bathroom is equipped with shampoo, conditioner and two soaps, so one doesn't have to take those when going here (and they are resupplied during the daily cleaning).

One thing that this room would need is more space to put ones clothes, during my stay I had to use my suitcase for that (and a small space near the doors with a drawer, hangers and a safe). There is some space behind the bed so it could be placed there, near the AC unit.

Breakfast is quite good, there was all I needed maybe a classical espresso would be nice to have instead of traditional American coffee (which is not as strong as ones we have in Europe).

Lunch/dinner menu is also good, I loved BLT&A, the steaks are also delicious and there is a nice selection of beers (including local ones which I always try).

There is a 24hrs fitness center but I haven't had enough time to try it out, I've only seen from outside that it includes few jogging stations and a wide set of dumbbels, not sure if they have any barbell. I assume it doesn't have any additional costs (it opens using the room card), I haven't found anything on the site about that.

The parking around the hotel is quite big and free (which probably is normal in Texas, not so in Europe).

Internet which is included in the price is very fast (not sure what the actual speed is) and includes both wifi and a wired connection in the room.

I have only two concerns:
- I have is that I found one silverfish (or fishmoth) on the desk in the room
- the shower head (rain like) after about 20 minutes after usage turns itself on and drops the water that it accumulated - if one goes to sleep right after shower it will wake you up with your heart beating and wondering what's going on

Room Tip: Away from elevators and away from the vending machine (on 5th floor AC pipes that are near the vendi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Flew in on business after a long day, easy check-in, clean room with a good big rain shower, decent dinner with good liquor selection and good breakfast. The new equipment in the gym is a big plus for me, what I need to unwind on business trips. I was here on a slow Tuesday night and that staff was friendly and ultimately allowed me to have the decompress I needed before getting back on the road the next day. Good proximity to the airport and reasonably priced, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Coppell, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I loved this hotel! The room was really nice. I tried a new drink they had called the Romeo and Juliet and it is now my favorite drink. I would highly recommend this hotel to people of all ages. I can not wait to stay again in the summer so I can be by the pool.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Silaom Springs, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I had pre-booked this hotel after searching for lodging for an overnight in DFW after over 30 hours of travel from Europe with an early departure the next morning. Web-site of hotel indicates 'shuttle', maybe I should have verified that included to/from airport. After landing DFW, I called the hotel when I was told they didn't provide an airport shuttle. Taxi was $25-$30 each way, which would have added $50-$60 to my stay.

Room Tip: Rooms may have been nice, service okay, value good - but I'll never know. Verify accuracy of we...
Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Good Day Teresa871,

Thank you for choosing NYLO hotels to host your most recent visit to Dallas. We greatly appreciate your feedback as honest feedback from guests like yourself helps us grow as a brand. I sincerely apologize for any confusion regarding our shuttle service description on our website. I have confirmed that the website does state that our facility offers free shuttle transportation to local corporate offices and points of interest within a five-miles radius of the hotel. Please feel free to email me at mlmessina@nylohotels.com if I can be of assistance.

Best Regards,
Marc Messina
Roswell, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is our second time to stay at NYLO, Las Colinas, and it did not let us down again. Slick and modern as you enter the lobby. The desk is located right in front of you as you enter the door. I hate having to go look for the desk when you've been on the road for eight hours. Very efficient desk staff who had our reservation ready and waiting for us. I too will rave about the beds which are the most comfortable I've slept in except for my personal one.

Restaurant and bar clean and comfortable.

Rooms are clean and sparse which our first stay kind of got us off guard but overall is a great concept. Clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I recently had to make a trip to see a hospitalized family memeber. NYLO was suggested and from the moment I made reservations I was treated with courtesy and kindness. The hotel is immaculate with a fun, progressive enviornment. The amenities were amazing. The hotel staff was the best that I have ever encountered and I travel extensively for work. The check in clerk arranged to keep my luggage that was due to come in later in the evening. I was given directions to wonderful places to eat and routes to the hospital. When it came time to check out a cab had been arranged and was waiting for me. I not only highly recommend NYLO as a fabulous hotel I am looking forward to returning there to take advantage of a few of the amenities I did not have time to enjoy the first time around. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to NYLO Dallas Las Colinas? Share your experiences!