“Comfortable bed, awesome decor, convenient location” 5 of 5 stars

You added NYLO Dallas Las Colinas to your Saves list
NYLO Dallas Las Colinas
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 W Royal Lane, Irving, TX 75039   |
Special Rate
Book Early - 10% Savings!
Ranked #7 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Boston, Massachusetts
“Comfortable bed, awesome decor, convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Pretty much identical to the room I stayed at in the NYLO in Warwick, RI. The only difference is what's out the window! This is an awesome deal for a hotel so close to the airport and some great restaurants just across the street (everything except In and Out burger closes around 10pm).

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to read that you have visited our sister property in Rhode Island.

Thank you for your loyalty to NYLO Hotels! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of service.

Stay Unique,
Marc Messina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Came here with my wife and friends from Friday to Sunday and ended up booking more nights due to a great experience...the bed and shower are amazing and the style is so out of the normal hotel look..the front desk was very helpful..received a courtesy call after checking n asking if we needed anything..went down to the loft bar n had wine n sushi while listening to a live performance out on the patio..the bartender n waitress were great..to male a long story short,we will become Nylo regulars!

• Stayed January 2013
Bowie, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The walls and floors are bare concrete. They're badly water stained. It's like living in an indoor parking garage. There are bare pipes along the ceiling in the room and hallway. There was writing on the walls. It wasn't guest vandalism, it was part of the "decor". The bathroom has the same cold concrete floors which is most unpleasant getting out of the shower. The faucet on full dribbled down the edge of the sink, requiring you to contort your hands against the sink to try to get them under the water. The beds are comfortable and it has free WiFi, but it's not enough to overcome the awful decor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Greetings,

Thank you for the review. I understand that our modern loft design will not appeal to every traveler, and I very much appreciate you giving our hotel a try.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of future service.

Euless, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

One of a kind! I have never stayed in a hotel like this---more modern than I! It was elegant, comfortable, fitted with just the right amount of furniture and accessories. My wife's only concern was that we didn't stay 2 nights. We were disappointed that the restaurant wasn't serving the breakfast buffet and felt the entries were expensive but the food was great. The bed was delightful. Heating system was adequate and very quiet. Overall, it was a delightful 24 hour getaway for us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
C Huck W,

Thank you for choosing NYLO to host your most recent visit to Dallas and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you and your wife enjoyed the hotel and were able to visit The Loft for Breakfast. Please be assured that I have forward your comments regarding the breakfast buffet to the team and will revisit the set-up of breakfast.

We hope to see you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of future service.

Marc Messina, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Cozy hotel but no so friendly staff. Me and my boyfriend brought in the New Year's in at this hotel. The music in lounge that night sucked so me, boyfriend and a fee friends went back to room to enjoy the rest of the New Year by listening to a Bose stereo came with room within minutes hotel security showed up at our door and said we were too loud. Really this is New Year's Eve and the also have a party going on downstairs. thr hotel is nice but what is the point of going to all of these high tech electronic equipment in room and you cant use them. Also needs a new and improved staff..............,......................

• Stayed December 2012
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Greetings 1sagitonda,

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. Our goal is to provide every guest with a comfortable, relaxing, and fun stay - and feedback like yours is extremely important to us. My Director of Operations had the pleasure of speaking with you regarding your visit with us and am happy to hear that the issues were rectified.

Please let me know if your travels should bring you back to Dallas, as I will have my team create a signature NYLO experience.

Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked our room here for New Year's Eve. They advertised a NYE special with a free appetizer & live music in the bar area/lounge. Upon our arrival, we noticed all the tables were reserved. Nobody told us we needed to reserve a table. Decided to play pool & none of the 3 pool sticks even had tips on them. So cheap! Didn't even have music in pool area or in back bar area. This is NYE people - be prepared. There was 1 bartender working & maybe 3 waitresses total. Couldn't get anybody to take our order or find somewhere to sit. The waitresses told us we couldn't order food from them. The bartender ignored us. Other customers were also very upset & informed us they had ordered their drinks or food over an hour ago & still hadn't gotten anything. Talked to the front desk personnel & of course didn't have a manager on duty & they couldn't do anything about it. Tried to get room service for food - they didn't have room service on NYE. Finally decided we'd take the free shuttle that was advertised on the website to a local bar/restaurant. Only to find out they weren't running the shuttle on NYE. The employee even informed us the manager had taken that off the website just that day!!!! What a crock. NYLO is full of false advertising. What a rip off. Tried to order pizza & all the restaurants in the area were closed!!!! Worst. New. Years. Eve. EVER!!!! Will never go back to a NYLO hotel & will tell all our friends never to go there!!! The rooms were clean. However, they are fully concrete so could hear everything in the hallway & other rooms. No privacy. Very small rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Greetings lovetoeatinonmaha,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I live minutes from this hotel. We decided to rent the largest suite in the hotel for my birthday. We chose the hotel since it was modern and had a bar. First the bar doesn't open till 4 pm and closes at 9pm. When they closed We decided to go upstairs to the suite and hang out. The room was equipped with a BOSE musicwave sound system and We were playing it (mind it was not even at half level).We had a terrace but it was shared. It was massive and.only had 4 chairs and a table. At around 11 pm We were visited by hotel security and were told it was too loud. We then turned down the music which defeats the purpose of equipping a hotel room with such a system. About an hour later the hotel security came by and said that were holding our conversations too loud. This is a suite and the sole purpose of renting this room was for my birthday. The hotel bar was closed and there are zero bars walking distance or driving.. We should have saved our money because We could have done all this at home without being hounded by security on a Saturday night. THIS HOTEL PROMOTES TO BEING HIP AND A PARTY PLACE BUT DON'T WASTE YOUR SPECIAL OCCASION HERE.. at the end of the night We left the room and went back home. Thanks for a ruined birthday Nylo. I'll stick to the westin next time.

• Stayed December 2012
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
sperez915,

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your visit to the hotel. In regards to the Loft hours of operation, we typically are open later but given the holidays we did change to our holiday hours during the period you had visited us. We truly value your candid comments, please be assured that I have reviewed your comments with my team.

If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

General Manager, NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas

Been to NYLO Dallas Las Colinas? Share your experiences!