“NYLO= awesome” 5 of 5 stars

You added NYLO Dallas Las Colinas to your Saves list
NYLO Dallas Las Colinas
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 W Royal Lane, Irving, TX 75039   |
Special Rate
Book Early - 10% Savings!
Ranked #8 of 76 hotels in Irving
“NYLO= awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Stay here not too long ago with my fiancé and loved it!! Everyone we encountered had a great attitude! Defiantly had a very groovy, New York feel. Love the bed and pool area, two fav parts!! Kellen had exceptional service, seemed to see him the from the time I woke up till the time i went to sleep, and always had a smile on his face... Pretty cool. Ricky in the bar was on point with all drinks and had a awesome can do attitude!! LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Greetings,

Thank you for the amazing feedback. I am very pleased to read that you and your fiance enjoyed visiting the hotel. I have also commended Kellen and Ricky for their outstanding service to you during your stay!

We hope to see you again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if we can ever be of service.

393 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Because it is new-ish and the floors do not have carpet, the room felt like one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. I liked the loft and minimalist concept, yet it was still comfortable. The only downside is that because of the brick walls and cement floors, the noise level of other guests was louder than at other hotels (can hear doors shut, walking in rooms). Also, the restaurant/bar closed at 9 p.m. - which was disappointing because I wanted to check it out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I appreciate your candid feedback and am disappointed to to read your experience did not exceed your expectations. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the noise level; such incident is acknowledged and will look into appropriate solutions so that such incidents do not occur in the future.

If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Best Regards,
Euless, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I recently stayed here for a nice night away with my fiancé. We booked the sky view room and while we were their we heard the front desk man give someone the room for $50 less. I don't know the circumstances but it was a little annoying. The room was nice on first look and a lot of square footage with a nice shared outdoor area. On closer inspection I was disappointed. The TV in the livingroom area did not work at all. The TV in the bedroom was not very impressive either. We didn't get all the channels and some we only got voice with no picture. We were disappointed that they didn't have any pay per view movies with the lack of tv options. The bed wasn't very comfortable and the towels were very poor quality. The bathroom wasn't very clean and the vent was full of dust. I was disappointed that we paid $350 for this room and it was a huge waste of money. I have stayed in a $300 room and this was not it. When we told the staff about the conditions of our room they didn't seem to care or offer to rectify the situation. Needless to say as "cool" as this hotel is I would rather stayed at a holiday inn at least then it wouldn't have costed so much and led to disappointment.

• Stayed December 2012
luckygirl8596,

Thank you for the review and your comments regarding your recent visit to NYLO Hotel. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the televisions and cleanliness of the bathroom; such incidents are not the NYLO standard. I will make sure the appropriate department heads are aware of your experience so that such incidents do not occur again in the future.

If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Best Regards,
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I just wanted to take the time to express how much I enjoyed my visit at the Loft bar! Such a cool and trendy vibe and incredible service. I was greeted by Ricky and Barbara behind the bar and both seemed to be enjoying their jobs and working perfectly together. I also enjoyed the sushi selections with a real sushi chef in the bar! How cool is that? I will definately be back with my coworkers and friends because now I have found a local place to unwind and relax!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Good Day Melissa C,

Thank you for your amazing feedback. I am happy to hear that your visit was wonderfully delightful.

I am also pleased that you found Ricky and Barbara both outstanding, please be assured that I have forward your kudos to the team!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I haven't stayed at the NYLO, but have dined there twice now and both were really terrific experiences. The whole place is funky, of course, so it's a fun environment. The quality of our meals were exceptional and the prices are reasonable. Both times there was live music and that was fun, although it can be a bit loud and difficult to talk with dinner companions. The patio and poolside area looks quite inviting with the right weather. I'll definitely be back.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Greetings Bruce H,

Thank you for the fantastic feedback during your visit to The LOFT Restaurant & Lounge. I am happy you had two delightful experiences while dinning with us.

We hope to see you again in the near future. Always feel free to contact us directly if we can ever be of future service.

Newport Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Problem # 1 – No iron in room - Discovered this at wake-up when preparing for the day. Upon calling the front desk, an iron was delivered quickly.

Problem #2 – Breakfast Vouchers NOT received - At breakfast in the Loft, I was unexpectedly forced to pay for my friend’s breakfast who had checked in separately with her own room, and was under the distinct impression that her payment in full, in advance, and IN CASH, included breakfast each day. I knew I had selected my room without breakfast included. After I paid for breakfast, we spoke to a woman at the front desk to explain the situation. She verified that my friend’s reservation included breakfast and she would arrange to provide her with all breakfast vouchers for her stay that we could pick-up later in the day. We visited the front desk late in the evening to pick up the breakfast vouchers, including an extra voucher that I could use for my breakfast the next morning since I had to pay for my friend’s breakfast. The vouchers were NOT there as promised. The front desk clerk knew nothing of the problem. We had to wait while he prepared breakfast vouchers for my friend for her remaining days. He would NOT give me a voucher for the next day to compensate me (to make things right, to make me whole) for paying for my friend’s breakfast where she should have had a voucher. He said an adjustment would be made to my friend’s bill. I told him that I was going back to California tomorrow and she was going back to Russia. He said that she could reimburse me. I told him that I would never ask her for money and that they should have found another way to correct this. He said there was nothing else he could do. The next morning, I told the story again to a young male hotel clerk. An older female hotel clerk overheard my story and she quickly corrected the situation by issuing me a voucher. She did apologize. Why did this situation arise in the first place? Why was it not quickly resolved?

Problem #3 – Service in Hotel Bar – ordered 2 splits (small bottles) of California Sparkling Wine. Waiter returned a moment after taking my order and said “Sorry, I spaced. What was your order again?” Returned with substitute sparkling wine as they were out. He did not know what was out of stock even though they only had 3 selections of sparkling wine / champagne.

Problem #4 – Accused of Skipping out on Restaurant Bill - We had breakfast at the "Loft" immediately after finally resolving the voucher issue. The chair was covered with crumbs and I had to switch it out. I told the waiter who brought our drinks but he had no reaction. We ate our breakfast, left the vouchers (2), and were waiting for the elevator when a male restaurant staff person came out from the restaurant and essentially accused us of not paying for breakfast. I told him we had left the vouchers on the table. Then he questioned me as to what room I was staying in. After I told him, he walked away abruptly. I did not like being accused of stealing. I especially did not like being accused of stealing in front of my friend.

Problems 1 and 3 are trivial and I would never have mentioned them except to describe my complete experience.

Note: I filled out an email survey that I received from the Hotel listing problems 1 - 3 only. Soon afterward, I did receive a call from 2 Hotel Managers. They seemed concerned and did apologize. Use your best judgment.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Jonathan,

I had the pleasure of speaking with you on December 5 when I became aware of the cascade of service failures that you experienced during your stay.

As I expressed to you by phone, none of what you experienced is acceptable from the missing iron to the service you received while dinning with us. I apologized to you personally by phone, and do so again publicly.

Respectfully,
Marc L. Messina
Hants, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a very differently designed hotel, concrete walls, floors and ceilings left deliberately bare. The rooms are by the nature of the hotel somewhat identikit but clean and comfortable and well laid out. I didn't venture into the pool on this occasion but it could be seen steaming well in the early mornings. No comments on the food as we didn't eat in aside from the usual uninspiring typical U.S breakfasts.
Location is good for the nearby business parks and a short taxi ride from the airport, little else in the neighborhood without a taxi trip out.
Certainly clean, comfortable and somewhat different but staff and service all good. Well worth a visit

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! I am happy you had a delightful visit to NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas. I am also pleased that you received great service and enjoyed the hotel.

We hope to see you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact us directly.

Marc Messina

Been to NYLO Dallas Las Colinas? Share your experiences!