“Quite okay business hotel” 3 of 5 stars

You added NYLO Dallas Las Colinas to your Saves list
NYLO Dallas Las Colinas
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 W Royal Lane, Irving, TX 75039   |
Special Rate
Book Early - 10% Savings!
Ranked #8 of 76 hotels in Irving
Seattle, Washington
“Quite okay business hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. The main reason for choosing this hotel was that it was closed to my office in Irving. Staff is very friendly as at most of the hotels in US. One thing I was surprised that there's no room service at all. I am using room quite regularly especially after long day at work, but here I had to force myself to down to hotel restaurant to get a dinner. Food at hotel's restaurant is nothing specific, but just okay. It's typical american food - so it depends on you if you like or not. Sound insulation is not good, so any noise from neighbour rooms comes to your room very easily. Gym at the hotel is average, but it's good there's at least some kind of gym. Overall, hotel is clean and ok place to stay few nights. If I need to decide to stay at this hotel next, I wouldn't be so sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Greetings Sinisyuyu,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience with us on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to read that my team was attentive and that we showed our NYLO culture during your visit. As you have wrote we do not have room service, but do have grab & go system in place for The Loft.

We hope to see you again in the near future, and as always please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of future service.

393 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Abilene, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were starting out a long weekend to Las Vegas for our friends' wedding. The four of us decided to stay by DFW to avoid long drive early am. We arrived around 9:00 pm and were told a computer glitch would not allow us to check in. So we went to the Loft restaurant where we waited longer than I would have expected for service. EXTREMELY pricey for mediocre drinks and food. Around 11:30 pm and over $200 later we pretty much insisted on a room. The front desk clerk tried his best but was still struggling to get into his computer system. Having worked the front desk at an upscale hotel, I was flabbergasted that there was no MOD (manager on duty) for the property. This had been going on for hours! We were offered nothing more than an apology. The design of the hotel was unique - the loft architecture interesting - the bed comfortable - but the hotel made no effort at all to make up for our inconvenience. We would never stay here again nor can I recommend it to anyone. The hotel tries too hard to be cool.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Toni W,

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the issues you encountered at check-in. In regards to system being down, our agents do try their very best to accommodate all guests during this time. We did have a MOD on property, but I apologize that she was not present on floor during the time you tried checking into the hotel.

We would love the opportunity to turn your okay stay into a signature NYLO experience! Please touch base when your travels should bring you back to Dallas.

New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

This is our second stay at this hotel. Vast expanses of concrete and techno-music could keep us away.
Our first room was over the hotel trash compactor. At 5:30am they started using it. Mind you, this is a hotel constructed on a modular concrete design and there's essentially no insulation or sound deadening. They were, however, very willing to move us to a quiet room. Do not get a room overlooking the pool in the summertime if you want quiet before midnight. The bar is a pretty popular watering hole for the area and they play music loudly at the pool.
Rooms are stark and there is only a small area to hang clothes and an afterthought of drawers in the bar Roll around.
The bar has generous pours but is weak on beer options. Wine sets in the sun.
Food is fair to OK, but inconsistent. We seldom had dinner there. The breakfast buffet was poor, with meats reconstituted on the day I tried it.
Positives:
Price and convenience/location. Good beds. Nice showers.
Negatives:
Above and inescapable techno-music.

• Stayed November 2012
Glyn C,

Thank you for the review and your comments regarding your recent visit to NYLO Hotel. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the music and trash compactor noise; such incidents are not the NYLO standard. I will make sure the appropriate department heads are aware of your experience so that this do not occur again in the future.

If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,

Carnesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel was so unbelievably great. We had a fantastic time. Everyone was so personable and fun! Black metal diamond plating in the elevators and stainless steel with a very industrial feel. Very fun furniture everywhere fromthe lobby to the guestrooms. The room was simple but so comfortable. The bed is to die for, soft and comfy with five pillows on the bedYour bedmate can watch you shower from the bed or the couch. Really cool eco-sense hotel that requires one of your door keys inserted into a sensor to keep the electricity on in the room. Great adjustable "mood lighting" The Loft restaurant downstairs has great food from breakfast to dinner and is reasonably priced. Happy hour specials and sushi that is some of the freshest we have ever had. The new york strip steak I ordered was able to be cut with the butter knife. Kobe beef sliders and strong cocktails make for a great night. Live entertainment that was just the right mood for our evenings. Outdoor areas with heated pools and cabana areas lend themselves to privacy and great fun... We will be back soon!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AnthonysSweetie,

Thank you for the amazing feedback! I am so glad you enjoyed visiting NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas. I am also happy to read that your recent stay at the hotel was thoroughly pleasurable from your guest room to the tasty bites at The LOFT!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact us directly if we can be of future service.

VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

As many other reviewers have noted this hotel offers a good alternative for those who enjoy modern architecture and design. The interior is pretty stark, with the now famous concrete walls and ceilings giving a 'New York Loft' look and feel. This is certainly not your average chain hotel.

The common rooms are all decorated in a similar style with interesting furniture providing highlights.

The breakfast / dinner / bar / area is similarly decorated. This presents some challenges at breakfast as some of the furniture, although very decorative, is not always very functional. the breakfast itself is pretty average. A warm buffet of eggs, bacon and sausage is available, together with cereals, fruit and various breads.

The bedrooms are concrete cells with a comfortable bed, one large window, and a good shower.

I would agree that service is best described as 'unenthusiastic'. There are excepetions. The bar staff on a busy Thursday night worked hard to keep up on a busy night. However the check in team, and other staff members encountered, were not always so enthusiastic.

One final word re the housekeeping crew. I was very impressed with the standard of their work.

BritinVA,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your your visit to NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas.

In regards to the Breakfast buffet, we are redefining this service and your feedback is greatly appreciated as we will use it to make it better.

All in all, thank you for your comments. Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas.

Granger, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My flight was canceled so found myself needing a last-minute hotel near the airport. I found NYLO using 'Hotel Tonight' app on my iPad and could not have been happier. This place is very, very cool. Did I say it is cool?

It's not the homey type of hotel my wife would enjoy, but instead very urban, stained concrete, elevated beds, low lighting and more.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
faithntim9890,

We are very pleased you found NYLO on Hotel Tonight and were able to accommodate you during your visit to DFW! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor and we are excited to hear that your overall experience was wonderfully delightful!

Please let us know when your travels should bring you back to Dallas, as I will have our team create a signature NYLO experience for you.

Bethel, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was in Dallas for my college reunion October 26 - October 29, 2012. Sandy came through so I wasn't able to get back home and with a Distressed Passenger voucher and the recommendation of an AA ticket agent, I went to NYLO. I normal hotel would have been depressing. This place was awesome, although I confess I was dubious when the van pulled up because there were clearly Halloween decorations that I could see through the window. I was like "uhhhhh - well....." but I walked in and said to the desk guy, "This is the perfect place to get me through what I dealt with this afternoon."

I was only there Sunday through Tuesday becuase it made more sense to go stay at a friend's for several more days, but I could have stayed there the whole time. I loved the room - it was a big, comfortable bed with a funky couch and the shower head was the size of a salad plate.

There was a library that had bookshelves full of books and funky groupings for talk and cocktails. The dining room was also funky - retro, stark, with warm lighting, pillows and little TVs in the booths and tall tables/chairs by the bar.

I LOVED the music playing in the background. When I was in college there, the West End had a bar called The Stark Club. It was a large, reno'd warehouse room with a bar at the end and funky lighting. The groupings were separated by white sheets. The dance floor was big, and down a half flight of stairs with a railing around it so you could lean over and see the floor. It was the kind of place where you could dance with your friend, with 10 people, or get into your own music trance dancing by yourself. The music there was the same kind of music NYLO plays. It's sort of low-key, alternative.

SERVICE/STAFF: I notice that most of the reviews say negative things about those who work there. I can see how that would be - becuase it sort of goes with the energy of the place - but I didn't experience that. But I am talkative and very friendly, anticipated I might have problems and need help becuase of the circumstances, and so I made a point of talking with everyone (also about how I loved the place) and learning names. As a result, I found everyone very friendly.

The decor is cool. It's very reno warehouse-y with cool chairs etc. One day was really warm so I went out by the pool and sat in one of the little canopied bed/couches with pillows and had a glass of wine and read my book.

I mean really - I just could have hung out there for a week and been fine. I loved the funkiness of it, the music was right up my alley, the staff was friendly. In fact, I'd plan my next trip around a NYLO hotel - there's one in Rhode Island and that's close enough to where I am with some fun stuff and a great beach and sightseeing close by - if I ever leave the hotel! ANd did I say the food is excellent?

Room Tip: It's hard to find - according to two of my friends who live in HIghland Park and anticipated it...