“nice hotel close to airport.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #38 of 77 hotels in Irving
Texas
“nice hotel close to airport.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed the night before we flew to Cancun. For just 5 dollars a day, were able to park our car here on the parking lot. We caught a free hotel shuttle to the airport that runs every 30 minutes. The rooms were clean, and the breakfast was good. Free USA today, and Wall Street Journal. My only complaint was that the internet here is extremly slow. Bring an Air Card if you need to do any work on your laptop.

Room Tip: Call ahead in advance.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed here due to all the other hotels being full, as there was a large conference on, and I booked 2 days before. Firstly I have to say that "Kent" on the front desk was very good, he help a great deal, from the moment I arrived, from telling where to go to dinner, (nothing in house!!!!!) to organising transport.
I didn't have a car, so options are very, very limited!!!
You can go to the burger place next door, or to the Embassy Suites across the road for something to eat. I pick the Embassy Suite. I will stay there next time.
My room was at the end of the hall, sort of facing the pool but backing onto the back car park, so didn't feel so safe as I was on the ground floor. Breakfast was, well how do I describe it? "on the go" You don't spend much time there.
Rooms clean but dark, comfortable, towels in the bathroom where too small, more like hand towels.
Airconditioner right next to the bed so you are either very cold or very hot, I stayed 2 nights so I had both.
Getting back to the airport, I booked a transfer at 5.30, someone else did the same, we got the transfer at 6.10pm after complaining at the driver turned up. I was sitting there from 5.15 until then. They told me he had come i n to check. Seeing I was by the door, with someone else waiting, that was rubbish.
The planes going over at 2am didn't help with sleeping
Will not be there again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is one my favorite hotels in the DFW area. The staff is awesome, the location is near perfect, and the Whataburger fast food franchise just outside the door is perfect if you need a late breakfast in a hurry. I love this Hotel and believe you will to!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cleburne, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are clean and roomy, but mirror at sink is tiny. We had signed up for the shuttle at 6 am, and were running late, so they didn't wait. Would have had to wait an hour for the next one, so we took a cab. Everything else was fine b

• Stayed January 2013
Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stay at this franchise of hotels all across the country. Was not to happy with this one. Shuttle service is horrible. I got stranded for hours cause the driver "forgot" about me. And serving the comp breakfast later then usual doesn't make it convenient for those that goto work or have to catch an early flight. Otherwise the staff at the desk were excellent and the rooms average.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bend, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We booked this hotel based off reviews and location. Here's my reason for the poor review.
Pros:
The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable.
Front desk staff were very helpful and it's very close to airport with a shuttle.
The shuttle will take you within a few mile radius if you have a layover since nothing is close by
Cons:
Internet wasn't working
The shuttle driver actually used racial slurs - meaning he used the "n" word.
Then went on to make assumptions about where we are from. I realize that Oregon is a little more liberal than some states but this is extremely inappropriate on all levels. Not everyone in Oregon smokes pot and are racist.

To be fair, we had a wonderful shuttle driver our first night who picked us up at the hotel so not all their shuttle drivers are this way.

However, we will never support someplace that has this backwards thinking!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CIDFW, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites DFW Airport South, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
I am really glad to hear how you loved your stay at our property. But you had some issues with one of our shuttle drivers. Can you please email me at sales@cidfw.com, so that we can further discuss the situation. I look forward to hearing from you.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you have to be away from home, you want to stay in a place like this. You can't beat the quality for the price and the staff is always friendly. Shuttle for the airport, shopping, or to eat makes it awful convenient. Great place!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites DFW Airport South? Share your experiences!