“business overnight stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Chicago, Illinois
“business overnight stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I would consider this one of the best Embassy Suites I have had the pleasure of staying at thanks Henry Sienkiewicz. I arrived at 4:30 PM (hate driving in rush hour traffic) and left the next morning at 10AM while traveling for work. Upon arrival the front desk staff got me checked in quickly and provided a couple bottles of water. Next the room was one of the best I've had at Embassy Suites, clean, nice furniture and an updated bathroom. The shower drained slowly and that is the only flaw I noticed during my stay and I notice problems and comment on them. The cocktail reception was very nice, the World Series was on and it was nice to chat with other travelers and employees of the hotel. If I was going to make any suggestion about the evening reception they could add a vegetable plate for us people who was to much on something after a long day at work, it did include a little bit of fruit so I made due with that, chips, salsa, flat bread and dip. The bed was comfortable and the room was quite considering my room faced the airport. In the morning I ate a perfect omelet got in a quick workout in the workout room right off a very nice looking indoor pool. It's a big hotel and the lobby was beautiful with a nice waterfall and nice furniture. Often you can tell if your hotel is nice by the quality of furniture and the staff. This is where I have to give a big thanks to Henry Sienkiewicz who made me feel welcome at breakfast, since I was up at 6AM to workout and did not leave till 10 I made it for two small healthy breakfasts rather then one massive meal. I was able to read the paper and next time I head down to Dallas I'll stop by a Polish Deli and bring Henry dinner.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites DFW Airport South - Irving, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for the excellent review. Spending over 7 million dollars on the new furniture and hotel updates is paying off.

On a side note: I am showing Henry this today and he will expect some polish food from Chicago.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Steve Cadaret

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Cleveland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was disappointed in the hotel. Although this hotel came recommended I was not impressed. It was clean and comfortable but almost any hotel charging these rates could say the same. Staff attentiveness and service needs work to be classified as a good experience. Although I am greatful that there were no bad experiences to refer to.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites DFW Airport South - Irving, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We are pleased that you did not have any bad experiences, and that you felt the hotel was clean and comfortable. I will work with the staff on being more attentive for future guests.

Thank you for providing the feedback so that we may improve.

Please allow us another chance the next time you are in town.

Moore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

ALL of the staff was very helpful & friendly. They would always greet us in the hallway or elevator and ask if we needed anything from management, to cooks, waiters and housekeeping staff. Very clean hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Our motto is "Clean and Friendly"! We feel everyone will enjoy their stay if we can do those two things. Thanks for the recognition and feedback.
See you the next time you are in the area.

Temple Hills, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The trip was planned as part of a package. We love the Embassy Suites brand and love the idea of having a separate living and sleeping area. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. I would definitely recommend anyone staying at this hotel. It is a little remote and out of the way so you may want to rent a car. We did not do that on this trip because this was our first time visiting the area. Overall the hotel staff provided prompt and courteous service and hotel restaurant was clean. The restaurant should add more items to its menu.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you sharing your stay with us. The closest Embassy Suites to AT&T Stadium sure makes for GREAT football weekends. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband travels to DFW on business once a year and we always stay at this hotel. The staff is wonderful. The hotel has everything you need right inside. Breakfast is free every morning and is made to order. They staff remembers you from day to day and from visit to visit. We will always stay here when we visit the DFW area.

Room Tip: The rooms are all suites with a living room area with a kitchenette.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Great review!

Our best guest is a repeat guest. I am happy the staff recognized you and made you feel at home. See you next time you are in Dallas.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here a few times in the last year, so I am getting to know the place and staff.
Rooms fine and large, bar area good but it can get noisy.
But this time what drove me crazy was the water fall in the middle of the hotel. It is constant noise, that you get annoyed about, and you just want to get out of the place. It all looks very nice, but it is annoying.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I apologize the water fountain is so loud. I believe we can slow down the flow to lessen the noise.

Let me know if it is any better during your next visit.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a nice property in a convenient location near Irving and DFW.

Positives:
* The hotel is large and well maintained with higher end finishes.
* Breakfast was great.
* Front desk was very friendly.
* It was a memorable enough property to warrant this review.

Negatives:
* It is very close to the highways (183 and 161) which effectively cover 3/4 sides of the building, and the bedroom was connected to the outside with the balcony, so road noise might be an issue for some. It wasn't a major issue for me.
* Bathroom plumbing was leaky, so the toilet continually emptied and had to be manually shut off to prevent the noisy refilling.
* Went through several sets of keys until we found a few that worked.
* Despite having my profile correctly set and checking in comfortably after 3pm, they didn't have my hhonors diamond amenities in the room and they had to be requested, so don't forget to ask if you have status. When they did bring them, they brought the wrong quantities. Minor, but its becoming a trend that its necessary have to ask at most properties.

Room Tip: might try rooms in back, away from 183.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I will work with the staff on our HHonors amenities. That should be automatic for our best guests like you!

Thank you for being a Diamond member with Hilton.

Steve Cadaret

Been to Embassy Suites DFW Airport South - Irving? Share your experiences!