“newly remodeled near dfw airport” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4650 West Airport Freeway, Irving, TX 75062   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 76 hotels in Irving
Anchorage, Alaska
“newly remodeled near dfw airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Clean, newly furnished & remodeled room, staff attentive to needs, amenities true to advertisement, pool & fitness center were great to relax, noisy from traffic, airplanes & remodeling, shuttle ends at midnight, good price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites DFW Airport South - Irving, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We are glad you were able to enjoy yourself and relax at the hotel. Thank you for the kind comments. See you next time.

342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

An excellent hotel stay. A variety of nearby restaraunts and shopping, plus ready access to the airport made this a very enjoyable stay. The complimentry breakfast was delicious-being able to order an omelet for breakfast is much more enjoyable than micrwaving a bagel or cooking up a Bekgian waffle. Plus, they made pretty good grits, which isn't always that easy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much! I would agree that a great hot breakfast is the best way to start the day. Especially knowing it's free.

See you on your next trip to the DFW Area.

Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have stayed here before and it was great this last time not so good they need to improve the hotel cleaning. GET A VACCUMM that works. For what they charge I dont know if I would stay here until it was fixed. I could not swim pool clowdy not so good. The location is great the people at the front desk are very nice. The house keeping act like they dont understand what you ask them that is bull they dont care. Manager was very nice and I think he should have better help but he cant do it all. Dianne

Room Tip: should have a small hair spray instead of the lotion no one likes.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites DFW Airport South - Irving, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I love staying at Embassy Suites hotels. However, the DFW property is really showing it's age. The furniture in my room was pretty beat up, and the entire bathroom felt like it was from the 70's. there were no electrical outlets anywhere but the bathroom, and the sound insulation was poor between rooms. The exterior windows also let in lots of expressway noise. The hotel was also very difficult to get to. It look like there were some new flyovers built on the highway and my GPS let me down! The evening happy hour and breakfast were fine, and I liked the size of the suite, but they need to reinvest in the rooms.

• Stayed November 2012
OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites DFW Airport South - Irving, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively improving. The hotel has been under a complete room renovation since late June and will be complete by the end of December. We look forward to you coming back and checking out the new decor.

Van Buren, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed 3 nights at the Embassy Suites in Irving for business during the first week of November 2012. I will have to say I have mixed feelings about the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful througout my stay.I needed a box fan during my stay to help me to sleep better. I called down to the front desk and within about 15 minutes one of their maintenance/engineers brought a fan to my 9th floor room. The hotel needs to be updated and they are currently in the process of completing upgrades and renovations. My room/suite was comfortable. The bed and bedding was very comfortable. There were 2 37" flat screen televisions in the room. One in the living area and the other in the bedroom area. The room had some newer furniture and some that looked like it was out of the 70's. The hotel had placed a list of improvements to the room and the mild issues I had with the room looked as though they are being addressed by the updates.

All-in-all I had a very nice stay. They have a very nice made-to-order breakfast with eggs cooked to order, omelets, sausage, bacon, toast, biscuits and gravy and much more. Once again the staff was great and one of the managers (not sure if he was the general manager, or guest service manager) was always at the breakfast area greeting guests as they came down to enjoy their morning. Nice stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and we are happy you enjoyed your stay. We are almost finished with the renovations and hope you will enjoy the updates on your next visit.

Commerce, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Had reservation & coformation in hand when we arrived. Hotel was over booked so we had to find another hotel 10:00 pm. Front desk employees basicly said that conformations dont mean anything. They offered to help get a room at a lessor hotel across the street. We chose to go somewhere else on our own.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites DFW Airport South - Irving, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience imposed during your recent trip. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation. Thank you for your review, I have contacted our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures around this matter. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel.

Thanks

Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here with a friend in order to attend a meeting in the hotel. I asked for an unremodeled room to avoid the possibilty of smelling paint, or other chemicals associated with a new products in a room.

Was given a room on the 3rd floor. Everything was in good condition considering its age. We enjoyed the room configuration with the separate living room with desk/table and bar and TV. The bedroom had a vanity in it in addition to the vanity in the bathroom. The tiling on the bathroom floor seemed to be a poor choice of material -- due to it's being slick. The hotel staff was prompt with replacing the coffee maker that did not work. A staff member brought google map directions to my room - even though I said I would gladly come to the desk. The first morning there was a breakfast buffet manager, keeping tabs on who was coming in and checking them against a room list. Sunday morning it seemed like it was not being monitored. Saturday night I was watching TV in the living room and heard a lot of noise coming from the atrium. It was about 11:30 pm. There were lots of teenagers running wild through the atrium and along the walkways in front of the doors to the rooms. The walkways have a rather low metal railing to protect from falling the multiple stories that the hotel has. I saw teenagers running around the walkways like they were racing. When I saw a teenage girl throw her leg over the railing, I called the front desk. Soon a manager was on the floor speaking to the teenagers. There should have been something in place, like cameras to alert the management to the disruptive behavior occurring in the public areas of the hotel. Room service was ordered twice and it was prompt and very good. There was some noise from Hwy 161. I'm sure a room facing 183 would have been a lot worse. There was a flood light pointed directly at the sliding glass door to our room. By securing the drapes closed with a piece of luggage, the light was managed. I think the management could do a better job with monitoring how many people are occupying a room. The hotel had multiple meetings being well attended but I got the impression that it may have been a place where one room was rented and groups of young people came to party and use the room. On the whole my experience was positive at this hotel. For the guests near those rooms overrun with teenagers the same probably could not be said. This stay worked well due to the meeting being in-house.

Room Tip: Would avoid rooms facing Hwy 183. A higher floor if facing Hwy 161. Realize that hotel is under re...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites DFW Airport South - Irving, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for talking the time to provide your feedback during your stay with us. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. I will make sure our night managers address the kids running the hallways late at night. I hope you will come back and stay with us since our renovation is almost complete. We look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Steve Cadaret

Been to Embassy Suites DFW Airport South - Irving? Share your experiences!