“Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas to your Saves list
HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5901 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving, TX 75039 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
20% Off 2 Suites
Ranked #6 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Irving, Texas
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The best local value! We needed a quick place to stay and this hotel far exceeded our expectations. The size was good, although the bathroom was very small. The staff was helpful when I had a internet issue. Overall, I was very pleased.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Kerry B,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to hear you were pleased with your recent stay. I do apologize for the internet issues, but we have great news! We have started the instillation of Fiber Optics and will it will be operating by July. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Hyatt house.

Alberto Soueid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Every six months our OKC and Houston families meet for some R&R. Everyone kept talking about how great our suite was with the nice kitchen, living room and super beds! The landscaping, pool and outside recreation area was very nice. Last, the service from the staff was very good. Everyone from the front office, maids and kitchen staff really gave the feeling they genuinely wanted your stay to be the best possible.

I should also mention the location. It is across the street from Starbucks and multiple restaurants. Only a few miles away is some good shopping, theater, etc. Grapevine milles mall is up the highway a little ways.

This really was a home away from home!

Room Tip: Our family enjoys staying at the back by the river.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Teresa S,

I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay! Our suites, amenities, and location are perfect for a family looking to relax and spend time together. I am also glad to know our staff made your feel welcomed. We value our guests and try to do our best to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. It's reasonably priced, it has a FULL kitchen which is awesome and friendly people. I've stayed at many hotels in this area over the years but this is my first time to stay here. I have been missing out. The only real drawback is that the doors to the rooms are all outside with no elevator. But there's a nice breakfast, very nice free food and beer/wine in the evenings M-Th. The people working here couldn't be more friendly and helpful. The beds are so comfortable! The only thing they're lacking is an airport shuttle. Then it would be heaven but this is my DFW home forever! :-)

• Stayed May 2013
Dear PLK89,

Thank you for your kind words about your stay! We appreciate you taking the time to post. Our staff prides itself on our service and want to make your stay as comfortable as we can. We are excited to hear we are now your DFW home and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit!

Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Feels at home and truly they meet the expectations of this feeling!!
Very Understanding and they front-desk is very friendly.
Close-by to all the place. Spacious and you have a choice of 1-BR or 2-BR.
A Truly excellent place to stay and it's just close-by to the 114.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and if you are going as a family do try their 2-BR
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Shri P,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to hear we met your expectations for your stay! Our one and two bedroom suites are perfect for any traveling family, and our location is great with easy access to highways and restaurants. Thank you for letting us be your home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

What a great place to stay when you're on a long-term assignment! The staff is friendly. Monday through Thursday there is a social evening with tasty food, and the breakfast is much better than the run-of-the-mill continental stuff other hotels in this category offer. The rooms are very nicely appointed with comfortable beds and flat-screen televisions, and the climate-control system works very, very well. The two drawbacks are (i) no elevators and (ii) showers that rival only Motel 6 in quality. Having spent time in Texas last Spring on a television show, I knew to stay on an upper floor. Otherwise, plan on some kind of insect invasion. Last year it was crickets. From what I hear, in Dallas, it's always crickets. The only problem at this hotel is that the rooms are in stand-alone buildings (more like an apartment complex). There are maybe a dozen rooms to each three-floor building, and there are no elevators. For those of us who've got gear to transport each day, it's a trade-off (insects or lugging gear up and down the stairs?). Well, I chose to lug gear. Also, while the rooms are very nicely appointed, when you jump into the shower, you feel like you've been transported to a 20 year-old Motel 6. The showers are made of cheap fiberglass, and the showerheads don't distribute water very evenly. In a room that nice, you just don't expect a crappy shower. I had two bathrooms in my unit, as did the other guys on our crew. They all had the same complaint. That said, the pool area is clean and well taken care of, and the exercise room, while not large, has nice equipment in it. For the price the production company was paying, the accommodations are a great deal. I'll totally give a pass for the showers and the lack of an elevator, but I can't give an excellent rating, much as I would like to.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the freeway side of the hotel, and, during hot months, take a second or thi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear William M,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with Hyatt house! Like you said, our rooms are nicely appointed providing plenty of space and amenities for the long term stays like yours. Our team takes great care to keep the property clean and maintain a safe, pest free, environment for our guests; and we are always happy to assist our guest with carrying luggage to their suites. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Bangalore, Karnataka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for about 2 months b/w Sep - Nov 2012 when I was in Dallas on a Business trip, and is an excellent place to stay.

+ve
1. Was close to office and from airport
2. It's like a 1 BHK house with furnished kitchen for those who love to cook
3. Clean and spacious rooms
4. Friendly staff, Mr Jay @ front desk was especially helpful
5. Great amenities, best place for long stays with family.
6. Lovely evening social's where you can meet other guests and socialize

-ve
1. Since I stayed there for quite a long time, the breakfast and lunch spread became quite routine (regular change in menu is needed I felt)

Room Tip: Most rooms are same, if you have too much luggage take room in ground floor lest you might have to c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear winash1,

I am so happy to hear your extended stay with us was enjoyable. You have listed several of our great amenities we have here at Hyatt house for all our guests. Our suites are set up perfectly for those guests traveling for business or with their family, with plenty of space and amenities for all to enjoy. I understand how the breakfast can become routine while you are staying for so long, but Hyatt is working on making some improvements that we hope to roll out soon. Thank you for taking the time to tell us and other travelers about your stay!

Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Nice hotel with ample sized rooms for a good price. Would be rated excellent by me except when I came back to my room tonight after a day of meetings, I found the door to my room left open by housekeeping. (Had to be housekeeping since the bed was made and I don't make my bed at home, let alone on the road). Luckily all I left in the room was a toothbrush and some dirty clothes, but if I had left any valuables, the hotel staff would have left them open to be stolen. I know it was just a mistake but something to watch out for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear jrgray,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I apologize for the housekeeping mishap. It was immediately addressed with the housekeeping staff. I am happy to hear the other aspects of your stay met your expectations! The size of our suites provides ample space for the business traveler at a good price. I hope to welcome you again on your next trip to the Dallas area.

Alberto Soueid

Been to HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas? Share your experiences!