“Home Away from Home !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas to your Saves list
HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5901 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving, TX 75039 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #5 of 76 hotels in Irving
Irving, Texas
“Home Away from Home !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Feels at home and truly they meet the expectations of this feeling!!
Very Understanding and they front-desk is very friendly.
Close-by to all the place. Spacious and you have a choice of 1-BR or 2-BR.
A Truly excellent place to stay and it's just close-by to the 114.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and if you are going as a family do try their 2-BR
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Shri P,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to hear we met your expectations for your stay! Our one and two bedroom suites are perfect for any traveling family, and our location is great with easy access to highways and restaurants. Thank you for letting us be your home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

What a great place to stay when you're on a long-term assignment! The staff is friendly. Monday through Thursday there is a social evening with tasty food, and the breakfast is much better than the run-of-the-mill continental stuff other hotels in this category offer. The rooms are very nicely appointed with comfortable beds and flat-screen televisions, and the climate-control system works very, very well. The two drawbacks are (i) no elevators and (ii) showers that rival only Motel 6 in quality. Having spent time in Texas last Spring on a television show, I knew to stay on an upper floor. Otherwise, plan on some kind of insect invasion. Last year it was crickets. From what I hear, in Dallas, it's always crickets. The only problem at this hotel is that the rooms are in stand-alone buildings (more like an apartment complex). There are maybe a dozen rooms to each three-floor building, and there are no elevators. For those of us who've got gear to transport each day, it's a trade-off (insects or lugging gear up and down the stairs?). Well, I chose to lug gear. Also, while the rooms are very nicely appointed, when you jump into the shower, you feel like you've been transported to a 20 year-old Motel 6. The showers are made of cheap fiberglass, and the showerheads don't distribute water very evenly. In a room that nice, you just don't expect a crappy shower. I had two bathrooms in my unit, as did the other guys on our crew. They all had the same complaint. That said, the pool area is clean and well taken care of, and the exercise room, while not large, has nice equipment in it. For the price the production company was paying, the accommodations are a great deal. I'll totally give a pass for the showers and the lack of an elevator, but I can't give an excellent rating, much as I would like to.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the freeway side of the hotel, and, during hot months, take a second or thi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear William M,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with Hyatt house! Like you said, our rooms are nicely appointed providing plenty of space and amenities for the long term stays like yours. Our team takes great care to keep the property clean and maintain a safe, pest free, environment for our guests; and we are always happy to assist our guest with carrying luggage to their suites. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Bangalore, Karnataka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for about 2 months b/w Sep - Nov 2012 when I was in Dallas on a Business trip, and is an excellent place to stay.

+ve
1. Was close to office and from airport
2. It's like a 1 BHK house with furnished kitchen for those who love to cook
3. Clean and spacious rooms
4. Friendly staff, Mr Jay @ front desk was especially helpful
5. Great amenities, best place for long stays with family.
6. Lovely evening social's where you can meet other guests and socialize

-ve
1. Since I stayed there for quite a long time, the breakfast and lunch spread became quite routine (regular change in menu is needed I felt)

Room Tip: Most rooms are same, if you have too much luggage take room in ground floor lest you might have to c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear winash1,

I am so happy to hear your extended stay with us was enjoyable. You have listed several of our great amenities we have here at Hyatt house for all our guests. Our suites are set up perfectly for those guests traveling for business or with their family, with plenty of space and amenities for all to enjoy. I understand how the breakfast can become routine while you are staying for so long, but Hyatt is working on making some improvements that we hope to roll out soon. Thank you for taking the time to tell us and other travelers about your stay!

Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Nice hotel with ample sized rooms for a good price. Would be rated excellent by me except when I came back to my room tonight after a day of meetings, I found the door to my room left open by housekeeping. (Had to be housekeeping since the bed was made and I don't make my bed at home, let alone on the road). Luckily all I left in the room was a toothbrush and some dirty clothes, but if I had left any valuables, the hotel staff would have left them open to be stolen. I know it was just a mistake but something to watch out for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear jrgray,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I apologize for the housekeeping mishap. It was immediately addressed with the housekeeping staff. I am happy to hear the other aspects of your stay met your expectations! The size of our suites provides ample space for the business traveler at a good price. I hope to welcome you again on your next trip to the Dallas area.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is my new favorite home away from home. The property is well kept with great amenities. The staff is amazing - very hospitable and accommodating. They have a sincere desire to make your stay memorable. Thank you for making my time on the road bearable.

Room Tip: This is an exterior entry property - with no elevator access, so if you have a lot of luggage I woul...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear ChinkyChicago,

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back home on your next visit.

Coquitlam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Loved this little hyatt house!
Includes full hot breakfast and happy hour.
Excellent exercise and laundry facilities.
Beautiful pool and hot tub.
And free wifi and newspapers.
Shuttle service to local restaurants.
Staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear JohnMene,

Thank you for telling us about your experience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed several of our amenities during your stay. We work very hard to ensure each guest has a pleasant and comfortable stay with Hyatt house. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay.

Beaumont, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

It wasn't just about the wine at the social hour... I kept finding more goodies around the corner. I loved there was healthy fare like veggies and hummus, but didn't say no to the more tempting offerings. The man responsible for a purple cabbage and spice snack told me how he did it. Then, I got to look forward to cheese blintzes for breakfast.
The staff was friendly and everything was clean. My night at the Hyatt House was the best rest I got on a week-long trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Darragh C,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed the offerings at our evening reception. We try to provide a variety of items to please all of our guests. I am also glad to hear you had a restful night sleep and the staff was able to make your stay exceptional. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Alberto Soueid

Been to HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas? Share your experiences!