“Great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas

You added HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas to your Saves list
HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5901 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving, TX 75039 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
20% Off 2 Suites
Ranked #6 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Irving, Texas, United States
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The stay at Hyatt house couldn't be more comfortable - very happy with the staff, the room and the price. Breakfast in the morning is great way to start your day and evening social is enough for a light meal. I would definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Sartaj G,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable with us. Comfort is very important when traveling for business. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Alberto Soueid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here recently for 2 nights. We had 2 rooms and there were 5 in our party (3 in one room and 2 in the other - 2 kids, one in each room). I frequently stay at the Hyatt Place in Plano and by the Galleria. When I called to reserve 2 rooms at the Hyatt Place in Las Colinas, the Hyatt agent encouraged me to stay at the Hyatt House because of room type availability at Hyatt Place. I had reviewed the Hyatt House on Trip Advisor and since the reviews were good, decided to give it a try.

Outside - The hotel looked fine from the outside on arrival and the staff was friendly. Parking was difficult and the first night there were no spaces anywhere close to our room (the setup is like a motel, where the doors are outside and you drive to and park near your room).

Room in General - we had a king and the room setup was nice with kitchen and living area then separate rom with bathroom and large closet The room seemed clean, although some wear and tear was present and there was no room safe.

Bathroom - The setup was fine with the vanity in the bedroom (granite) and the toilet and tub/shower through the door. The shower was the old fiberglass tub/shower insert and was definitely showing its age. The vent light in the bathroom was also dripping water on the toilet when it was on (anytime you had the light on). It definitely could use an update and did not feel clean. I did not want to take a shower without my flip flops on.

Kitchen - would be nice for those staying a while and wanting to eat in, but beware. We went to Texas Rangers game and upon return (about 11:15 at night) our room smelled so much like garlic it was about to make us sick. We were too tired to go ask to switch rooms and it was too hot and neighbors were hanging out outside, so couldn't leave the door open. the next morning, the staff graciously allowed us to move rooms, but after arriving home from a long, hot day at Six Flags, the remote to the TV in the living room didn't work and reception wasn't very good.

We paid a little more for the Hyatt House than we would have for Hyatt Place, but if it had not been for all day trip to Six Flags on the 2nd day of our stay, I would have cancelled the second night.

Breakfast - average at best. Hyatt Place is better. They ran out of forks, were slow to replace food that was out (eggs) and just couldn't seem to keep up.

Overall, I was disappointed in this hotel and did not think it was worth the price. When exiting the lobby, there is a sign that says "Thank you for visiting Summerfield Suites". I am not sure when Hyatt acquired this property, but it clearly could still use some work. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: rooms closest to MacArthur Blvd have limited parking. rooms facing the creek or retention pond or wh...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear DRSTUL,

I appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback about your stay. I apologize for the subpar experience you encountered during your stay. All the issues you encountered will be addressed with the individual departments so we can improve our service; we strive to maintain a clean and comfortable hotel for all our guests. I am glad, however, to hear our staff was friendly and able to assist you in your room move.

Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I give Hyatt House a 5 star due to, excellent service, amazing breakfast it was fresh. They attended to my every need, also I love the speed of the internet. Overall this is a hotel i will be attending in the future several times for my vacations.

Room Tip: Take care of the staff and they will be gods to you.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Stephen P,

I am so happy to hear to you were pleased with your stay. I really appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Irving, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Everything here has been amazing from the extremely comfortable king size bed to the delicious breakfast and happy hour. The internet is great and it's a great luxury to be able to print from your room and pick it up later. The appliances in the room look brand new and there's a huge tv in every room! If I'm ever down here again I would certainly stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Elie R,

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to provide feedback about our property. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to use the Print Me ammenity in our business center. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay.

Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My stay at the Hyatt house hotel was great! They had great (free) breakfast in the morning, and monday through thursday had really well made food at night for free also. On wendsdays they barbcued and everyone was so nice. I spent a whole summer at the hyatt house and it felt like i was at home because the staff was so nice and welcoming. I also used the shuttle every morning on the way to work, which was always on time and waiting for me. Overall this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Michael F,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am glad to hear you had a comforable stay and had a chance to enjoy our Summer Grilling socials. I am happy our shuttle was efficiant and dependable for you to get to and from work. Thank you again for your kind words, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

When we arrived, we were greeted by the front desk clerk with a friendly smile. She was very helpful. We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath and it was nice and enough room for my family of 6. The breakfast in the morning was ok. There were plenty of eating places near the hotel. We are planning to return to this location again.

Tna

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear dcfdue1,

Thank you for your taking the time to share your feedback.

I am pleased to hear your family enjoyed their stay and received great customer service from our front desk. Customer service is one of our top priorities, and the restaurants close by are not bad either!

I appreciate your comments and look forwar to welcoming you back soon!

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I arrived at the hotel, checked in and got my room keys. I had a two room suite with kitchenette. When I got to the room which was on the backside of the building the door looked like it had come off another hotel property. The key they gave me did not work and it took another two times for staff to get the door open. The carpet and fixtures need updating as do the toliets. There were numerous "hairs" on the shower wall and on the toilet. The couch in the living area was a 70's style sleeper sofa that I wouldnt have put in my deer camp. It was uncomfortable and well worn. The whole property needs a major renovation inside and out. Pay attention to the walkways, if you dont, you can end up tripping due to roots pushing up the walkways. I will say the staff is very friendly and attempted to fix my issue with the door quickly.

Room Tip: The in room menu is very extensive. They have everything one would want, even picky kids!! (chicken...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Salezmun66,

I appreciate your feed back regarding your stay with us and we regret that we fell short in anyway. We have recently completed repairs to our concrete walkways and are currently working on updating our guest room doors. I also wanted to apologize for the cleanlieness of your accomodations. We strive to provide a clean and safe environment for our guests and work on improving these every day. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and provide you with the same friendly service you enjoyed during your last stay.

Alberto Soueid

Been to HYATT house Dallas/Las Colinas? Share your experiences!