“good price” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Tyler, Texas
“good price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The hotel was a great price however, when we arrived to our room there was still a tray of food from the people prior to us getting room service. The food was still there the next day when we checked out. There was also more food down the hall as well as empty glasses sitting outside other hotel rooms. Since the food was left there for at least 24 hours the hallway began to smell. The rooms were big and the beds were very comfortable. I just could not get over the fact that our room was cleaned but they left the other peoples food in front of our door. Who knows how long it sat there after we left.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
On behalf of the entire hotel here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, we thank you for sharing your experience here at our facility. We are pleased to know that you liked the price of the hotel. We do believe in offering value for your money, and are constantly striving to higher and higher levels of satisfaction.
We greatly appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune operations at the hotel so that we can offer better and improved services to our guests.
Thank you for your time and business, and we look forward to seeing you back again soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas area.
Sally Naidu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were stuck at the DFW recently due to missed flight connections. The airline put us up at the Atrium. We were supposed to have 2 rooms, but were put in one room. Luckily, the rooms were big and had 2 beds.
The room was comfortable enough. But, the whole place felt run down and lonely. It almost smelled like really old smoke. There was an indoor pool, but we did not use it.
The restaurant had a limited menu. We were the only ones eating there.
The staff was ok - not friendly, not mean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
On behalf of the entire staff at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, DFW Airport South, we apologize for the less than satisfactory stay. We are a completely non smoking hotel and have been 100% smoke free now for over a decade, but I guess some people disregard that fact, and think it is okay to do so. We are sorry, and will have our housekeeping staff check the rooms more closely. We also want you to know that we are in the process of upgrading our rooms and the hotel in general.
We hope to see you back again soon, so you can see the changes for yourself.
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

It was not the Ritz Carlton but it was also 10% of the price. The hotel was nice, the restaurant and room were fine, and the location was perfect. I booked through Priceline Express and got a sweet price. I will happily stay here at this great price everytime I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, I thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to know that you got great value for the price. Our goal is to provide a clean comfortable place for our guests along with great customer service. We are working on upgrading the facility and hopefully, the next time you are here, you will see those changes.
We look forward to seeing you back again when travel brings you again to the Dallas area. Sincerely
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I'm currently in the process of moving to the Dallas area, so since my husband works in Garland anytime I come in we just get a hotel closer to the airport the night before. I will say the bed was comfy, and they had a ton of good channels! The down side:I was a little put off by the stained furniture, and the kicker was going to wash my hands and finding a sink full of ants! It's like they came out of no where. I called the front desk and they were sending someone up but it was close to check out time so I just went downstairs 25 minutes early. When I let the lady know that someone would probably be coming to my room but I wasn't in there anymore (obviously lol) she mentioned that the ants were a problem in her home too. :-( I'm not a bug person and I don't want them around especially if I'm paying to stay where you're not welcome.

Stayed December 2013
On behalf of the entire staff at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, I apologize for the less than satisfactory stay. I have addressed the issues with the concerned department and we are taking every measure to make sure this does not happen again.
We hope you visit us again.
Magnolia, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Spent three nights for Thanksgiving to relax, enjoy one another's company and do some shopping and were not disappointed. Seems most guests were with the airlines as it's close to DFW and they asked us a few times if we were too! The staff was extremely friendly and the room was comfortable, quiet and clean. Yeah, it's probably due for an update in the near future but it was fine. Breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed appetizers and even dinner a couple nights and everything was good. We would stay here again if the occasion presents itself. Next time I would wear a white shirt with bars on the shoulders, carry a large sample case and pretend to be Leonardo DiCaprio--might get to fly free!

Room Tip: We had a corner room on third floor and thought we had the place to ourselves...very quiet!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the entire staff at the Atrium Hotel, I thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to know that you had a great comfortable stay. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us, and compliments from our guests, motivates us to do even better.
We look forward to seeing you back again soon when travel brings you to the Dallas area.
Tyler, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed here for one night prior to our vacation. The hotel provides hourly, free shuttle service to the airport. They also allow you to park for free. We were able to leave our car for 8 days free of charge. The return shuttle was also a good experience. It took the shuttle about 15 minutes to arrive after we called. The parking and shuttle alone made us like the hotel. However, our room was also a nice surprise. We were upgraded to a suite, and it was very nice. We would definitely stay here again prior to flying. I'd also like to recognize the front desk staff and shuttle driver. Everyone we encountered at this hotel provided excellent service and were very helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
On behalf of everyone here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, DFW Airport South, we thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and found the park sleep fly package very convenient and useful. We take great pride in our facility and services, and strive towards the highest level of customer satisfaction. Compliments from our guests motivate us to do even better.
We look forward to seeing you back again soon.
Baker, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I did sleep well because the bed and pillows are comfortable. Although they appeared to be trying to clean the carpet, it was old and wrinkled.Water damage on the wall next to my tub. Soiled chair made me sit on the bed. I used the stairs during my stay. Several trips, there were dirt chunks from someones shoes. Another trip, the floor was very sticky. The maids were friendly, but front desk help was short, no eye contact.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed them with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
Atrium Hotel and Suites

Been to Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South? Share your experiences!