“Awesome Deal for Club Carlson Members” 3 of 5 stars

Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4600 W Airport Freeway, Irving, TX 75062   |
Ranked #47 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Duncan, Canada
“Awesome Deal for Club Carlson Members”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed for a week using our Club Carlson points. Excellent value since only 9,000 points are needed per night. Very large clean room and a good night's sleep. The breakfast buffet was $9.95 per person and was very good. Unique hotel design that had a huge lobby area to walk around. No problem hailing the shuttle from DFW; only had to wait 20-30 minutes (it's a long drive from the hotel to the terminal we arrived at).

Tall people beware. Extremely low headroom on the staircases next to the elevators. I hit my head once (thankfully no concussion). The original builder could have taken advantage of the huge spacious lobby and installed curved staircases. Instead they squeezed in multiple landings between floors.

The bathroom was dated with the tub being in need of repair. The plexiglass light cover n the bathroom made a large whooshing sound when the bathroom door was opened quickly. More plug-ins needed throughout the room for cell phones and electrical devices. In the kitchen area, there were extra plugs up above the second shelf but I only saw them because I'm a tall guy.

The bedroom area by the closet was very dark and needs more or brighter lighting. Since the window looked out over the interior lobby, a person needs to keep the heavy blinds closed while changing. Tough to choose clothes out of the drawers/luggage in the dim light. Brighten up the room!

The iron was dirty with black marks on it so my wife left a note with the iron for housekeeping to replace. They never did so we didn't use the iron since we didn't want our clothes to get ruined.

Curb appeal: Hotel looks nice, bright and big. However, the entrance to the driveway from the freeway service road was not welcoming. No hotel entrance signs or markers. Rough pavement with potholes. A little bit of landscaping with flowers and a welcome or entrance sign would be a nice greeting for guests and potential guests. If we hadn't used the shuttle upon arrival, we might not have found the entrance in the dark.

If you get a great rate, or want to maximize the redemption of your Club Carlson points, this property is a good value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South Hotel, we thank you for the time taken to write such a detailed review. We are thrilled to read that you got great value for your money, and enjoyed the breakfast buffet as well as complimentary shuttle service.
We are aware of the low headroom on the staircases, but since there is little we can do about it at this point, we have placed warning signs on every floor, which can be seen when climbing up as well as down. We are really sorry about this, and wish there were a simpler solution. Same thing with providing outlets. But if a guest requests, we do provide them with extension cords. Regarding the insufficient lighting in rooms, we are in the process of changing light bulbs in the rooms, and looking into other better options as well.
We truly appreciate the feedback as it helps us fine tune operations at the hotel and offer better services to our guests.
We hope to see you back again soon when travel brings you to the Dallas area.

Sally Naidu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have used this property before for Park, Fly, Sleep and enjoyed it, however our last experience was horrible.

Dropped the car before our departure, long line and one desk clerk, so missed one shuttle, next one took 30 minutes to arrive. Upon our return, it took an hour for us to get from the airport to the hotel (after calling), just to wait in another long line with again one desk clerk (this was at 8pm, prime check in time). Our room was dingy and could really use a refresh and of course the ice machine didn't work.

When leaving the next day, I was grossed out to see that all of the condiments (ketchup, mustard) had been left out at the bar from the previous evening. I am SO glad that we ordered pizza delivery and skipped breakfast there.

• Stayed March 2013
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South Hotel, we apologize for the less than satisfactory stay. We are sorry about the delay in the shuttle and the desk service. Of late, we did have a few of our employees calling in sick, which caused for making some last minute adjustments. We are truly sorry about it, and will take steps to ensure this does not happen again.
Regarding the condiments being left at the bar, it was probably from some real late night guests, and this is never used again the next morning. In fact the bar does not even open until the next evening, and breakfast is served in our restaurant.
We truly appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune operations at the hotel, in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your demands.
Jackson, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night when I needed a hotel near the airport. Thought the hotel was pretty cool. Different layout then your average hotel. Huge rooms, nice free breakfast, pool, and a convienent shuttle service to airport and surrounding area. Best part was it was also very affordable!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
On behalf of everyone here at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South Hotel, I thank you for such wonderful words. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, our complimentary shuttle service and the indoor pool. Our goal is to provide excellent service at an affordable price. Your review is very encouraging and motivates us to do even better.
We look forward to serving you again soon.
Sincerly
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I spent a night here a few days ago. The room was clean, comfortable, and in a good safe location.
Had dinner in the room that had it to me very quickly and it was good tasting. I would stay here again. It's is about a 15 minute drive to to airport and the shuttle is ever 30 minutes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South Hotel, we thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at our hotel. We are extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service as well as our large clean rooms.
We look forward to seeing you back again soon when travel brings you to the Dallas area.
Cedar Rapids
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel one short night on our way to our final destination. Our incoming flight was delayed and we didn't land at DFW until after 11:00 pm. Once we got our luggage, we called the hotel and they came and picked us up rather quickly, I believe the shuttle was already at the airport picking up another traveler.

Once at the hotel, there was one employee managing the front desk, taking calls from guests and giving directions to the shuttle driver over a cellphone/pager. This multi-tasking caused delays in the registration process and the employee asked me the same questions a couple times due to the interruptions.

I guess they were pretty full that night, as we were given a 'suite' instead of the basic room we reserved and paid for in advance. This suite had a living area, bedroom, and dining/kitchen area. While roomy, it was in some serious need of updating. The carpet was ragged, the stains on the living room upholstery and most noticeably a really nasty gouge out of the bathroom tub.

After our 6 hour stay, we checked out with the same person who checked us in, who was still multi-tasking, got in the shuttle and back to the airport. The morning shuttle driver was a stickler for order and detail. He had his schedule and route and would not change from it even though it would have been more efficient to take a different route based on the needs of the people in the van.

Doubt we'll stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South Hotel, I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. We are pleased to read that you were picked up promptly by our shuttle. We pride ourselves on our clean large rooms. We want you to know that we are in the process of updating our rooms. We are sorry about the delay at the Front Desk. Sometimes, especially late at night, there may be an unexpected rush and both the Reception as well as Shuttle staff have to do their best with the limited resources available at that time. We will certainly look into ways of improving in those areas.
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune operations at the hotel and offer better services to our guests.
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a pretty basic hotel. It is cheap, but that is all. Located South of the airport, this is a cheap transit hotel. Hotel is dated. Rooms are dated. Breakfast is ordinary. Shuttle from airport takes about 1.15 hours from call to hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
On behalf of all of us at the Park Inn by Radisson Hotel DFW Airport, we apologize for the experience with our shuttle. Sometimes, circumstances beyond our control cause delay in our complimentary shuttle service. We are taking measures to improve in which ever areas it is possible, and will continue to look into options available.
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune operations at the hotel, in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.
Thank you.
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Recently stayed at Park Inn on a Saturday night and was not overly impressed. I was greeted and the front desk by a pleasant employee and allowed me to check in an hour early which was nice. When I got to my room I walked into a room badly in need of an update. Looked like it was from the 90s. Beds were older but comfortable enough for me. My major complaint was how dirty the carpets were. There was a large red stain all over the carpet between my beds, as well as next to the other bed. I took pictures to post with the review but havent figured out how to upload yet. The towels were well worn and in need of being replaced. As I was getting in the shower I realized I was tricked with one of my biggest pet peeves... When the give you two conditioners and no shampoo! Like I wouldn't notice I didn't have shampoo.
After my shampoo-less shower I crawled into bed and turned on a 1990s style box tv that was very fuzzy. I slept well enough but I have stayed at much much nicer LaQuintas or Comfort Inns for less! The breakfast was 9.95 but a quick look at the half empty buffet made me get in the car and drive to Denny's just down the street. Not a three star stay for sure!

Room Tip: If you can get am upgrade to a suite or remodeled room I would highly recommend based on previous re...