“Not a bad stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Schulenburg, Texas
“Not a bad stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The overall stay was ok. The front desk clerk, maybe his first day but normally we are told about the accomdations but i had to ask what direction our room was in, if they had a complimentary hour, resturant nothing. Not very informative. the room, beds were very nice, 1 of 2 phone did not work but within a hour they replaced it. the 2nd day neither of our keys worked to get into our rooms, had to get reset but the guy was very nice about it. The 3 major complaints, need more trash cans in room, the slid resistent mat in the tub needs to be replaced, my husband has trouble in and out of tub and the mat was NO help and then the towels need to be washed better, found hair on them them. That was nasty.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South, we thank you for the time taken to share your experience at the hotel with fellow travelers. Yes, we have hired some new desk clerks, and that may be the reason for some of the issues you mentioned, but do not want to make that an excuse. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune operations at the hotel, in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.
Sally Naidu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel is great for an airport hotel. The front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly. I received a suite upgrade as a Club Carlson elite member which was much appreciated. The room was spacious and clean. I didn't try out the pool nor restaurant, though I did like the indoor layout of the hotel overall. I would definitely recommend this hotel as I'm staying again this month!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South Hotel, we thank you for your kind words. We know how important time is, and we truly appreciate your taking the time to write a few lines sharing the wonderful experience at our hotel. We are thrilled to know that our staff took excellent care of you.
Guest satisfaction is of great importance to us, and compliments from guests who have stayed at the hotel tells us we are doing a great job, and motivates us to do even better.
We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you back again soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Booked through Hotwire, had paperwork to prove rooms booked & paid & they still locked family out of one of the rooms. Escorted them up to the room to get their out in front of a party, stuff Hotwire had to call them after they told us to drive an hour back to show paperwork! Was lied to about who management was, rooms had bed made but was never cleaned, plates left in room, one day they didn't even leave towels...when I called to get some I was told I had to come get them! Was over charged for breakfast 3 times. 3 of the sleep memeber bed were broken & didnt work. We also booked 3 more rooms ourselves and they over charged our cards, charged the wrong cards & mixed up the reservations all together! The management is horrible! I wish I could upload the recorded conversations and how we where talked to by the staff! They humiliated us & ruined our Thanksgiving! And we lost out on $ because of the fiasco regarding the room they said we didn't pay for! I would NEVER recommend this hotel! We where offed a free breakfast AFTER we are gone, then 1 night stay free for next time...no thanks! We paid over $800 to stay at this hotel & be treated they way we were with no apologies to our face at all! Bad enough that we are checking to see what can be done! I recommend not staying here! Horrible horrible experience for us!

• Stayed November 2012
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South, we apologize for the less than satisfactory stay. We hope you visit us again, and I am sure at that time, you will change your mind about us.
We appreciate the feedback and wlll use it to fine tune operations at the hotel, in the hope that upon your next visit, we will meet or exceed your expectations.
Saint Helens, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I got this amazing hotel thru priceline and totally Love it great deal too... Check in was at the but since my flight got in at 5 in the morning they allowed me to check in without a extra fee... Check out was at 12 but since my flight didnt leave untill 11 pm the allowed me to stay until 1 pm then i wanted to pay for extra night and they said it was better to just pay 25 extra for 9 more hours. The best part was they had micro, fresh, coffee maker, iron, blow dyer. The Best part of it all was they put gummy bears on your pillows (gummy bears Awsome). The only down side was that no free breakfast and it's pretty fare from down town dallas and fort worth. I had a Wonderful Experience here will totally come back.

Room Tip: Must have car to get into Down town Dallas or Forth worth.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff at the Park Inn by Radisson we thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with fellow travelers. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed our excellent services, the refrigerator and microwave in all our rooms and the gummi bears. We look forward to seeing you back again soon when travel brings you to the Dallas area.
Highland Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My company has contracted Park Inn for our training hotel here in in Dallas. We depend on the van -shuttle service for local transportation. Every van I was in had the engine check and tire pressure light illuminated as well as two of the vans indicated that the oil had no more service life.
This hotel's shuttle service has been over committed to provide good service. Long waits to be picked up from airport, poorly maintained vehicles, van leaving before the "scheduled" departure times and excessive amount of time to reach destination.

The most frustrating part was the manor I which the driver operated the vehicle - after delivering all of the other passengers to different training centers and a stop at all of the terminals at DFW (Higher Power, Flight Safety, Terminals A, B, C, D, and E) I finally was on the way to my training center. The training enter 4.3 miles from the hotel was now taking me 50 minutes to arrive. With all of the start-stop, heavy acceleration, hard braking and fast cornering I was so car sick I was sweating trying to contain myself. I complained to the front desk and the next day was more of the same. I waited approximately 45 min for a pick up from the training center so the following day I rented a car for the remainder of my stay.

The hotel was average as far as furnishings - they do advertise sleep number beds - but mine did not work ---- plenty of pillows but towels were old, worn and small. The rooms get a lot of hallway noise -- every night I was disturbed by kids running down the halls and other guests slamming doors.
I did order room service which was very speedy and reasonably priced - but do read the receipt carefully they include a tip but then have an additional line on the bill for tip - three times I tipped twice -but that was my fault.

The unfortunate part of this is that slice it is a contract with my company' there is no incentive to improve- but you can avoid a lot of frustration - just stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel - there are plenty in the area - even the micro hotel would be a better cho...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South Hotel, I apologize for the shuttle service. I will address this with my team. Since the shuttle is basically for our Airport Trasnportation, we have to stop at each and every terminal, DFW is a very big airport and if we did not stop at every terminal, people would have to walk a lot to get to thier gates. But I apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through. I will work with the team at the hotel and come up with a workable practical solution to the problem.
We appreciate the feedback as it helps us fine tune operations at the hotel and offer better services to our guests.
Hurst, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I celebrated my daughters 15th Birthday at the Park Inn Irving TX. We had a wonderful experience. The staff went above and beyond to make our event an easy flow. They are true professionals. Even after the party was over the staff went above and beyond to comply to our every whim! They really were fantastic. Honestly it has been a long time since I have experience excellent customer service. This experience was refreshing.
The rooms are huge and comfortable, clean, with a mini fridge and microwave. We had six rooms above the ballroom and each was the same, extremely clean! Large and comfortable. This is the place to stay!!

Room Tip: Any room will be great!! Enjoy!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW South, we thank you for such wonderful words. We strive towards the highest level of guest satisfaction and compliments from guests such as yourself, motivates us to do even better. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed our excellent services, our clean rooms, and had a great banquet.
We look forward to seeing you back again soon.
okc, ok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the park inn for one night before flying out of DFW for our vacation. The hotel is lovely and came at a great value. We booked with park, sleep, fly which included the shuttle to the airport and leaving our car at the hotel. We were given a suite with a great sleep number bed. I would have expected to pay a lot more for the room we were given. There is an indoor pool but it is completely open in the middle of the hotel between the lobby and the restaurant. We didn't see anyone using it. There is no hot tub which was a bit disappointing. We were extremely satisfied with the shuttle service. They were there to pick us up within 10 minutes of our phone call to them. I see no reason to stay anywhere else on future trips to the DFW airport area.

• Stayed October 2012
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South Hotel, we thank you for such kind words. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found it great value for your money. We are very happy to know that you were highly impressed with our prompt shuttle service, besides our large rooms and amenities that came with it.
We thank you for taking the time to share you experience with fellow travelers.
We thank you for your business, and look foward to seeing you back again soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas area.

Sally Naidu

Been to Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South? Share your experiences!