“Great place for business travel” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco, California
“Great place for business travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I wish I had more business in Dallas, so that I could stay here more often. This hotel has a great exercise room, good breakfast in the mornings, friendly staff, and spacious rooms. The only thing it lacks is a restaurant... or even a nearby restaurant. Fortunately they sell beer & wine in the hotel that you may bring back to your room. The only restaurant nearby that is open late is... McDonalds :(

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear CaWineGuy,

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would like to return again. The next time you stay with us, be sure to check out Restore, our 24-hour gourmet grab and go pantry. We have some healthy food options, as well as satisfying meals that you can make in your private in-room kitchen. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
El Segundo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I think this was my fourth stay...but it has been 1.5 yrs since my last stay. They were very accomodating letting me check in super early as I was dropped at the hotel around 7am - kudos for that. I ended up (they fully informed me ahead of time, but I really wanted to go ahead and check in) in a disabled room. The roll in shower did get old, since water goes everywhere when you use the shower (drain is in the middle of the bathroom) so the floors are wet while you are trying to finish getting ready and it is a bit of a strain to wash your hair...but enough of my belly aching for a 2 night stay. They have done an excellent job maintaining this hotel. Still a really good breakfast (hot and cold options) and happy hour in the evening. Great options on the winders, curtains, black out drapes and sheer drapes that all operate on a cord/chain. It is a green hotel and they do a great job of trying to encourage "green-ness". Still love the cool vibe of this hotel and would stay again if I needed to be in this area.

Room Tip: I like the first floor rooms...that open up to the pool/deck area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear nancyesca,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for being a loyal guest of ours. We are glad that you chose to stay with us again here in Dallas. We appreciate your positive feedback about our helpful staff, breakfast options, window curtains, and sustainability. We hope to see you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed here on business back at the end of May. The hotel was recommended by a client who travels to Irving quite often on business from Chicago. I arrived late & had a little bit of a hard time finding it in the rental car (mostly due to all of the construction going on around DFW). But, eventually found it & pulled the car up. At first glance, it looked like a motel (sharing a parking lot with a Subway restaurant and a gas station). Upon checking in, however, it was a different experience. It actually reminded me of an Aloft hotel -- clean, modern lobby with hipster lounge music coming through the speakers. The desk staff was extremely friendly & even told us where we could still get food at 10 p.m. on a Monday night.

I got up to my room (on the second floor, overlooking the parking lot) and found it to be incredibly well-appointed and quiet. It was nicer than my NYC apartment -- and bigger, too! It has a full kitchen up against one wall, a computer desk at the window, a full couch/seating area & a king sized bed. The bathroom was quite spacious, as well.

I was only there for a few days & was entertaining clients for most of it, so never really used the kitchen, but I could see that it could be a great place for a more lengthy stay. The one downside is that it was quite thunderstormy and windy while I was there & the stove hood rattled with the wind. Thankfully, I sleep with earplugs.

There is an evening beer & wine hour and the lobby gets quite crowded with patrons. There is a small gym (that I didn't use, but looked clean) and there is a nice complimentary breakfast in the morning. It was located very near to the company we were visiting (about a 5 minute drive away) and close to the airport, as well. The views are unimpressive and I think there is only about 4 floors, so you are never very far away from the street. But, all in all, it was a pleasant stay and a great value, as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Glad you found our gem in the rough! The hotel kind of blends into the office park next door and many guests don't even realize that we are a hotel! Thanks for giving us a shot while in Texas. We hope to see you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I chose this hotel for our Family Reunion because of the reviews and its rating. I called the hotel and spoke with a very nice and helpful lady; I believe she was a manager in the booking/reservation dept. She gave me extensive information over the phone and then she even sent me an email with all the information so that I could forward that to my family members who live in Dallas so they could drop by and do a 'look-see' to confirm.

It was really everything that the reviews stated. We were able to get the conference/meeting room for the whole weekend which was really nice because after every outing a few of us could still go to the CR and watch tv, play cards, eat or just talk.

I enjoyed the 24 hour gym and my son and his young cousins enjoyed the pool. They also utilized the 2 computers available in the lobby. (See pix.)

Also, I thoroughly and happily helped myself to the free breakfast each morning. AND PLEASE NOTE: this is not just your typical continental breakfast, oh no! This was grits, eggs, biscuits n gravy, french toast sticks, juice (3 kinds - the orange juice was very tasty!), in addition to the basic stuff like cereal and toast. My family met each morning over breakfast and talked and laughed as we prepared for the day's events. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this was one of the best free breakfasts I have ever enjoyed.

Speaking of food, there's a McDonalds right in the same parking lot area so at night (when you shouldn't be eating late but you do just because it's there), you can hop, skip or jump to Mickey D's, bring it back to the hotel lobby, sit in their new-aged chairs and tables (it's kind of like how newer homes have those long islands in the middle of the kitchen where you can park several stools around it and just sit, talk and snack with your family or friends) and enjoy your viddles. (See other pic).

The hotel personnel were very helpful and friendly from check-in to check-out. I secured a ride to the airport for our departure. One of the front desk folk was our shuttle driver and we were at the airport in about 15 minutes.

Our room was a very cute 1-bedroom with a kitchen suite; king-sized bed. There was a desk and chair area where my son was able to do his college homework. We had excellent room service with everything being addressed while we were out and about for our family outings. I liked the new-aged bathroom fixtures - shower and sink.

I also liked the little, gray, soft, square-shaped rolling seats that were in the room as well as along the hallway leading to the conference room. You could roll them to wherever you wanted to sit and talk; very cute.

The Element is well-deserving of its #1 rating!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We are thrilled with your review and that the reunion was a success! Let's make it an annual tradition :)
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel was clean and modern. Suite was large and comfortable. Great beds. Great shower (no bathtub) with glass door and unusually large, square showerhead. Really liked kitchenette with full-size fridge and microwave. Didn't heat anything on stove but appreciated the convenience of having it. Hotel was very easy to find. Convenient location just off Interstate 635, close to DFW Airport and stores and restaurants in Grapevine. Not a bad ride from Love Field, either, about 20-25 minutes away when traffic is light (we flew in and out of Dallas on Southwest). There were several places to eat very close by, including Jimmy John's, Starbucks, Cavalli pizza, and a McDonald's that was a short walk from the front door of the hotel. All of the hotel staff we encountered were friendly and helpful, but Gus at the front desk deserves a special mention for his helpfulness. The only tiny complaint we had was that there was no bacon or sausage at the complimentary breakfast. Still, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thanks for the "Excellent Stay" recommendation! So sorry that we didn't serve sausage or bacon the morning you had breakfast with us. Our menu choices vary daily and we usually have one or the other. Please come and see us again, soon!
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Beautiful room, top floor. Excellent lighting. Bathroom was sparkling. Enjoyed the shower.There was some pool noise, but not too much. In room coffee was good as was the coffee at breakfast. Breakfast buffet had some healthy options. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor has less pool noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
So happy that you had a great stay and we hope to see you back again, soon!
Scott Depot, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This is my second one night stay at this hotel. The hotel has rooms with a extreme modern look and feel. Very different from a typical hotel room.

It had been a year since staying there last, and it showed. The furnishings in the room showed a good amount of wear, particularly around the TV and desk area and bathroom.

This hotel is clearly not designed to accommodate business travelers. The desk area has no outlets on or above the desk. If you need to plug in your laptop and want to work st the deak, you'll be crawling under the desk to get to the outlets and you'll need to use the phone book as a mouse pad because the desks are glass top. The Internet speed is spotty, even on the wired connection. And maybe because I had a ground floor room, there was substantial noise in the halls until at least midnight.

Eat before you arrive or you'll be relegated to McDonalds or Subway as there aren't a great number of choices at their exit and a couple that close by 6.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your feedback. So sorry that you feel the property has not been maintained to your expectation, I am researching the room that you occupied to assure that everything is up to standard. You bring up a very good point regarding the outlets located under the desk and we are working on putting the outlets on the desk and hope to have this project completed within the month. The hotel does provide complimentary 24 hour shuttle service to area restaurants and the Front Desk can provide you with a listing of establishments that do provide service after 10pm. The 10+ restaurants within walking distance provide service until 9pm. We also have the "Restore" pantry where you can purchase items that can be prepared in your room. A complimentary reception is provided M-Th; 5:30-7p, a light meal, beer, wine and sodas are provided. I hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to satisfy your every need.

Been to Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North? Share your experiences!