“Perfect for our 15th Annual Family Reunion” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 76 Hotels in Irving
“Perfect for our 15th Annual Family Reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I chose this hotel for our Family Reunion because of the reviews and its rating. I called the hotel and spoke with a very nice and helpful lady; I believe she was a manager in the booking/reservation dept. She gave me extensive information over the phone and then she even sent me an email with all the information so that I could forward that to my family members who live in Dallas so they could drop by and do a 'look-see' to confirm.

It was really everything that the reviews stated. We were able to get the conference/meeting room for the whole weekend which was really nice because after every outing a few of us could still go to the CR and watch tv, play cards, eat or just talk.

I enjoyed the 24 hour gym and my son and his young cousins enjoyed the pool. They also utilized the 2 computers available in the lobby. (See pix.)

Also, I thoroughly and happily helped myself to the free breakfast each morning. AND PLEASE NOTE: this is not just your typical continental breakfast, oh no! This was grits, eggs, biscuits n gravy, french toast sticks, juice (3 kinds - the orange juice was very tasty!), in addition to the basic stuff like cereal and toast. My family met each morning over breakfast and talked and laughed as we prepared for the day's events. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this was one of the best free breakfasts I have ever enjoyed.

Speaking of food, there's a McDonalds right in the same parking lot area so at night (when you shouldn't be eating late but you do just because it's there), you can hop, skip or jump to Mickey D's, bring it back to the hotel lobby, sit in their new-aged chairs and tables (it's kind of like how newer homes have those long islands in the middle of the kitchen where you can park several stools around it and just sit, talk and snack with your family or friends) and enjoy your viddles. (See other pic).

The hotel personnel were very helpful and friendly from check-in to check-out. I secured a ride to the airport for our departure. One of the front desk folk was our shuttle driver and we were at the airport in about 15 minutes.

Our room was a very cute 1-bedroom with a kitchen suite; king-sized bed. There was a desk and chair area where my son was able to do his college homework. We had excellent room service with everything being addressed while we were out and about for our family outings. I liked the new-aged bathroom fixtures - shower and sink.

I also liked the little, gray, soft, square-shaped rolling seats that were in the room as well as along the hallway leading to the conference room. You could roll them to wherever you wanted to sit and talk; very cute.

The Element is well-deserving of its #1 rating!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We are thrilled with your review and that the reunion was a success! Let's make it an annual tradition :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel was clean and modern. Suite was large and comfortable. Great beds. Great shower (no bathtub) with glass door and unusually large, square showerhead. Really liked kitchenette with full-size fridge and microwave. Didn't heat anything on stove but appreciated the convenience of having it. Hotel was very easy to find. Convenient location just off Interstate 635, close to DFW Airport and stores and restaurants in Grapevine. Not a bad ride from Love Field, either, about 20-25 minutes away when traffic is light (we flew in and out of Dallas on Southwest). There were several places to eat very close by, including Jimmy John's, Starbucks, Cavalli pizza, and a McDonald's that was a short walk from the front door of the hotel. All of the hotel staff we encountered were friendly and helpful, but Gus at the front desk deserves a special mention for his helpfulness. The only tiny complaint we had was that there was no bacon or sausage at the complimentary breakfast. Still, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thanks for the "Excellent Stay" recommendation! So sorry that we didn't serve sausage or bacon the morning you had breakfast with us. Our menu choices vary daily and we usually have one or the other. Please come and see us again, soon!
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Beautiful room, top floor. Excellent lighting. Bathroom was sparkling. Enjoyed the shower.There was some pool noise, but not too much. In room coffee was good as was the coffee at breakfast. Breakfast buffet had some healthy options. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor has less pool noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
So happy that you had a great stay and we hope to see you back again, soon!
Scott Depot, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is my second one night stay at this hotel. The hotel has rooms with a extreme modern look and feel. Very different from a typical hotel room.

It had been a year since staying there last, and it showed. The furnishings in the room showed a good amount of wear, particularly around the TV and desk area and bathroom.

This hotel is clearly not designed to accommodate business travelers. The desk area has no outlets on or above the desk. If you need to plug in your laptop and want to work st the deak, you'll be crawling under the desk to get to the outlets and you'll need to use the phone book as a mouse pad because the desks are glass top. The Internet speed is spotty, even on the wired connection. And maybe because I had a ground floor room, there was substantial noise in the halls until at least midnight.

Eat before you arrive or you'll be relegated to McDonalds or Subway as there aren't a great number of choices at their exit and a couple that close by 6.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your feedback. So sorry that you feel the property has not been maintained to your expectation, I am researching the room that you occupied to assure that everything is up to standard. You bring up a very good point regarding the outlets located under the desk and we are working on putting the outlets on the desk and hope to have this project completed within the month. The hotel does provide complimentary 24 hour shuttle service to area restaurants and the Front Desk can provide you with a listing of establishments that do provide service after 10pm. The 10+ restaurants within walking distance provide service until 9pm. We also have the "Restore" pantry where you can purchase items that can be prepared in your room. A complimentary reception is provided M-Th; 5:30-7p, a light meal, beer, wine and sodas are provided. I hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to satisfy your every need.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I love the Element, so I was torn about giving it a "very good" rating as opposed to an "excellent." The hotel is beautiful in a very zen way. From the bamboo landscaping in front of the hotel to the lobby and breakfast dining area to the rooms, everything is white, green, clean, and lovely. It's minimalist but not too minimalist not to be comfortable. It's also a green hotel, which I appreciate.

The rooms are clean, and the shower is AWESOME! I love the large glass walk-in shower with the rainfall shower head. (No tubs for those who prefer a bath.) The beds are the Westin Heavenly Bed, which is one of my favorites. The white duvets and faux-wood floor is beautiful. There's a nice size flat screen and DVD player in each room. I love the extra pillows on the bed. Each room also has a kitchen area complete with microwave, full-size fridge with freezer (you control the coldness!), sink with filtered water, wine glasses, coffee mugs, flatware, cookware, dishes, etc. There's also a small stovetop. It's one of the most comfortable hotel rooms I've ever stayed in.

The free breakfast each morning -- featuring scrambled eggs, bagels, cereal, muffins, potatoes, fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, bread/toast, salsa, jams, butter, juice, milk, coffee -- is also extremely good.

So why the "very good" as opposed to "excellent?"

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times, and, all 3 times I have not received the special accommodation I've asked for when making my reservation: A ROOM CLOSE TO THE ELEVATOR. In fact, all 3 times I have been given a room nearly as far away from the elevator as one can get. Also, over the past year, I've noticed the rooms have degraded and have more wear on them that hasn't been addressed. Fraying carpet, chipped and stained bathroom counters, clunky closet doors. Additionally, the customer service has degraded as well.

The last time I stayed there was in May 2013. There were 3 of us in the room for 2 nights. One person was sleeping on the couch. On the first night, we asked for an extra sheet and blanket and were told there weren't any. So 2 of us did without our top sheets and we bought a couple of cheap blankets at Walmart in order to have enough bedding.

The second day/night was odd. First, we took the hotel shuttle to our venue (the Irving Convention Center) and were told to call about 30 minutes ahead of when we needed to leave. We did as instructed. Forty-five minutes later, we called back and were told the driver was "in front of the convention center," but he was "stuck in traffic." As I looked at the nearly empty street in front of the convention center, I knew we had been forgotten. It's a 15-minute drive from the hotel to the convention center. Ironically, 15 minutes later, the van arrived. On the drive back, I asked the driver if traffic had been heavy. His reply? "No. It was actually kind of light for a Saturday." Suspicion confirmed.

That evening, when we returned to our room, we discovered Housekeeping had left a dirty cleaning rag on our counter. Yuck! (On my second stay, Housekeeping left a glob of pink something on the shower stall floor.) I kind of dread what Housekeeping's going to leave in the room if I stay there again!

Also, on that second evening, we had planned on eating in our room and watching movies we brought from home on the DVD player. We got our food, settled in, and...our DVD player didn't work. After 3 very agonizing and lengthy trips to our room spanning the course of an hour, the van driver admitted to us that he couldn't fix it because he didn't know how, and the maintenance guy wasn't available. I wasn't happy, and I let it be known. In an effort to appease us, we were told we could go down to the on-site convenience store and pick out something to eat. I have special dietary needs, so that meant nothing to me. I would have better appreciated a $20 credit on my room or an invitation to the "special event" that had the pool area blocked off.

About said special event...on top of everything, we couldn't even go to the pool because there was a private concert that night for Starwood VIP guests. (Ends up it was Sara Bareilles!) So instead of watching movies, we ate and talked while listening to a live Sara Bareilles concert. We couldn't see her because there was a tent over the event, but we heard her and it was lovely.

All in all, my third and latest visit to the Element was a weird, yet memorable stay.

In closing, I'm giving the "very good" rating instead of the "excellent" rating because of visible wear and tear, failing equipment, inadequate staffing, and poor housekeeping and customer service. My rating would be much lower if I hadn't received better service and facilities my prior two visits. But my last visit left enough of an impact that I probably won't stay at this hotel when I return to the area in October. And that makes me sad because it is, indeed, a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Don't forget to remind the clerk at check-in if you put any sort of special accommodation reques...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Accra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel if you are using the DFW airport, very clean and easy. The staff is nice and helpful, I would stay here again if I need to. And there are restaurants near, so you don't have to eat in the hotel. With free wifi and a nice pool in the back.

Stayed August 2013
So glad you would come back and we appreciate your review!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We checked in later in the evening, we were literally at the hotel for less than 10 hours, as we had an early morning flight.
The employee checking us in was more interested in counting her cash drawer and scowling than doing her job. She handed us a room key without saying a word. Thankfully the other employee came over and checked us in and informed us of the logistics.
We paid for the stay and fly package. Upon check in they rudely informed us that you can only have a shuttle if there is room for you. So buyer beware.
Thankfully our flight was early, so we had a ride.

Also the morning we left, they gave us a hard time about where we parked our car. Again, we were not told where to park due to the front desk employee being so rude.

The beds were nice, and the room was huge. A rude front desk person has te ability to completely ruin an impression of a hotel. This one did for me.

• Stayed August 2013
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Gina M. we appreciate your feedback on the negative experience. I regret that the employee who checked you in did not make you feel welcome. We require all staff members make every effort to exceed guest expectations and it does sound like this was not accomplished with your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly lmullican@elementdfwnorth.com with more details. Also, a few weeks back we had a Facebook contest and you won the complimentary night stay. Please email me your address so that I can mail it to you. We look forward to blowing your socks off and making up for the last time!

Been to Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North? Share your experiences!