“Good stay overall” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 76 hotels in Irving
Hong Kong, China
“Good stay overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel is about 5 minutes from DFW, 10 minutes from the DFW rental car center. You can actually get there via the backroads from the rental car center without paying the $2 pass-through toll through the DFW complex. Around the hotel, there is a strip mall next door with a couple of restaurants, a subway and a McDonald's that's open 24 hours. Otherwise, there isn't anything at the immediate area.

The room has a full kitchenette with microwave and fridge. It also has a large sofa that can easily seat a few people. The bathroom is good sized. Overall, the room has everything you need even though the furnishings could feel a bit "rubber-maid". The floor is dark "wood" (the Quickstep kind) with no carpeting anywhere. The one drawback is without the carpeting, sound insulation is a bit poor. In general, the room has a service apartment studio feel fit for an extended stay.

A hot buffet breakfast is included in the rate. Items are of standard quality.

The gym is well equipped with an above average number of machines. There are also two computer terminals with a printer.

Service is ok. I arrived just after 10pm. There was only one person on duty at the front desk at this time. He had to resolve a check-in issue for another guest. The phone then rang. The check-in staff person took care of me first while just putting the phone on the desk for minutes.

Paid a rack rate of $139 which was reasonable but not particularly cheap.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for giving the Element by Westin a try! The reason the rooms look a little different is because the brand is Starwoods "green", extended stay brand. All the materials are recycled, sustainable & environmentally friendly. The flooring that appears to be hardwood are actually recycled tires. The actually is carpeting in the bedroom area. The wall vinyl is made from recycled bottles. It sounds like you missed our "Relax" evening reception with a light meal, beer, wine and sodas included in your rate. Sorry if your check in was delayed, our other staff member must have been out driving the shuttle! Please come back to see us, soon.

354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Dodge City, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our family of 4 enjoyed staying two nights while we attended my niece's graduation and visited with relatives. The beds were comfortable and the kitchen, with a full-sized frig, was nice. We especially enjoyed the breakfast! I think the weekday breakfast was better than the Sat. one. On Friday morning we had fresh fruit (honeydew and cantaloupe), but both mornings there were egg and meat and even breakfast burritos. My girls(one high school and one college aged) liked the yogurt and mini pancakes. My daughters enjoyed using the treadmills and I (mom) enjoyed the outdoor pool. Over-all it was a great stay except that my husband had to send them an email when we got home and realized we had been charge more than they had quoted us on the phone when we made our reservations. They wrote right back and said that they would credit the over-charge to our visa account.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
So glad that your family enjoyed staying with us! I do apologize about the error on your folio, thank you for reaching out to us and making us aware. Please reach out to me if this has not been resolved. lmullican@elementdfwnorth.com
Please come back to see us again, soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family and I (total of 8 people and 4 dogs) enjoyed our stay here. First and foremost, the dogs and the kids were comfortable. Having a stove and full-sized refrigerator in each room was a great help. The beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms were a nice size and nicely appointed. Continental breakfast was included in our rate however the hotel does not have restaurant. It is however, conveniently located near a strip mall containing several local restaurants as well as a McDonalds. On the flip side, the staff could have been friendlier and my service calls to get a broken window shade repaired, was never addressed. Overall, a very good value for families with kids, including the furry type.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. So happy that you were comfortable during your stay! I am so sorry to hear that the staff was not more responsive to your service issue with the window shades-I will check our records to see which employees assisted you so that we can provide added training. Not recognizing guest requests is not acceptable and I'm glad that you reported so that the next guest doesn't have to deal with the same issue. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast that is served daily, it is actually a full breakfast. Did you have an opportunity to attend our evening reception, "Relax" that is held Monday-Thursday; 5:30-7pm featuring beer and wine along with a light meal. We hope that you will give us another try when returning to the area!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

What a shock to find a hotel that has it all, without the full effect of a Westin. The Element is an ultra modern, amenity stocked, classy staffed Westin on a smaller scale which brings a more personal touch to a stay. The rooms have a full, and I mean full kitchen, complete with full size ice box, dish washer, microwave with set for four dishes, glasses, mugs, etc., everything you might need to make your stay as comfortable as home, but with the Westin branding. Full size desk, love seat and 32" plasma televisions are standard. The bathrooms are huge with a wall to wall glassed shower with both rain shower head and power jet head which can be hand held. Beautifully done. The only thing I found less than adequate is the WIFI. Brutally slow when you can get connected.

Room Tip: Every bed is a Westin Heavenly bed so it all depends upon a pool view or Dallas skyline view as your...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
What a wonderful review! Thank you for your feedback. So sorry to hear that the wifi was sluggish. I work on a laptop everyday and have very rarely run into this, so I hope this is an isolated incident, but so sorry that you were affected. I will research the guest room number to see if there are any identifiable issues and report to our IT department. We appreciate your patience and loyalty and look forward to your return!
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I agree with all the great reviews. I am staying at the hotel tonight, and the room is great, staff are awesome, and everything is very nice. But if you want to do business, the internet service is (excuse me) terrible! I have never had a worse internet connection at a hotel, and I have stayed all over the world, in Mexico, Nicaragua, Japan, etc. The internet connection was very bad tonight (June 23, 2013). I could not get any work done at all. For that reason alone, I would not return to this hotel. If that is not important to you, then by all means, this is a very nice hotel. I love the room, and am very comfortable, but had to use an external device to finally be able to connect and and not wait 3-5 minutes for each page to load up. Hope they can fix this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us . We are glad that you chose our Hotel as we know that you have many choices in the area.
We apologize about the internet connection at our Hotel and we Thank you for bring this to our attention. As you can see from comments from other previous guests, this is not a common occurrence. We strive to exceed your expectations and I wonder if the engineer was called to check out the problem? Additionally our technical team has been immediately notified and are working on the issue to ensure that this issue does not arise again.
Please do visit us next time – we would love to accommodate you!
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is a really nice and clean hotel. I stayed here for almost 2 weeks and never felt cramped. The suite have a good layout and hardwood floors in the living area. Stove & Full size refrigerator and dish washer is there if you need it. The staff is really friendly and accommodating and made for a pleasant stay.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
So glad that you enjoyed the property and felt comfortable for the few weeks you were here! Take cared and come back, soon!
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I did some homework and discovered that this place had been listed as #1 in Irving on TripAdvisor. I was able to find out why! They had rooms for $71/night, which I thought was incredible. What an awesome and comfortable stay this was. I literally have NO negative feedback about this hotel. The only thing that could boost this place up would be an onsite restaurant.

My early check-in caught the team off guard, but the representative "Duchess" put me on her list and as soon as a room was available, she got me right in. The room was MUCH more than I expected. The full kitchen was definitely a reason that this place exceeded my expectations. I mean, there is a full refrigerator, stove, microwave, sink, pots, pans, plates, cups, glasses, utensils, etc. I mean they thought of EVERYTHING! The sofa area was extremely comfortable.

If I could live the minimalist life, THIS PLACE would be my example. The bed slept comfortably, the shower area was spacious and had everything I needed.

There is a hotel store that carries a variety of drinks, snacks, hygiene products, medicines, microwave food, ice cream, etc. It came in handy several times for me.

You'll love the Element Hotel. Give it a go!

If you like this review and it was helpful in any way...please give me a thumbs up!

Room Tip: Get the 409 sq ft room! Its AWESOME!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Two thumbs up! So glad that you enjoyed the property. Come back to see us again soon and thank you for your great recommendation!

Been to Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North? Share your experiences!