“EXCELLENT Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Richmond, Virginia
“EXCELLENT Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here this week as well as two months ago for business travel. In March, I arrived very late at the hotel, only to be told my room reserved on the first floor had been given away and the only room available was on a higher floor, which I had called ahead to make sure would not happen. When I got to my room, the key wasn't working, so I had to go back down and have it fixed. I was very frustrated as it was late in the evening and didn't have the best view of the hotel at this point. The Night Manager, Lewis, left a note under my door, apologizing for my issues and personally reserving a room on the first floor for me during my stay this week. He apologized profusely for the issue with the room mix up, which wasn't even an issue that he created! I work for a company where core values are extremely important and one of ours is accountability. I wish that some of the people who worked for our company could provide the excellent service that Lewis did to me while I was here.
This evening when I checked in, the internet system was down and the front desk staff and Manager were extremely courteous and helpful during the issue and were so polite in what I understood must have been a very frustrating time for them.
I am so impressed by the customer service at this property. Traveling as frequently as I do for work, I experience many situations where poor customer service ruins a stay for me. Being away from home every week is hard enough, so coming 'home' to a great place with wonderful people in the evenings is such a great thing.
THANK YOU!!

Room Tip: I love first floor rooms, but all of the rooms here are nice and none are noisier than others, even...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
This is the best comment I have seen thus far & appreciate your taking the time to share your experience. There absolutely are times when things are out of our control but most of the time we do have the opportunity to correct issues before our guests check out. It sounds like everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Lewis was able to turn your guest experience around surely makes us even more aware of the asset he is to this organization. We really do have an incredible team and you are an incredible guest for taking the time to share your comments with us as well as other travelers! We look forward to your return and exceeding your expectations in EVERY way. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at the Element Hotel over spring break. It was the perfect hotel experience. The staff looked professional, acted friendly and professional, very genuine. We liked everything about this hotel. We loved our room. It had everything we needed for our stay. Stovetop, full fridge, dishes and nice office area. We loved everything about our stay. This is how a hotel should be run. Thank you for such a great experience.

Room Tip: If you need a place for an extended stay this would be the place. Very modern and earthy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! So glad to hear that the staff and property exceeded your expectations & that you had a great Spring Break. Glad that we did it right! We will continue to strive for nothing less!
Stony Point, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Close to the airport, westin standards you expect but even better because it is a green hotel, great happy hour and a nice kitchenette in case you want to whip something up. The free shuttle to and from the airport is a bonus

• Stayed April 2013
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Glad that you appreciate all the added amenities provided at the Element! Please return to see us again, soon!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife, pup and I spent a week at the Element as our home was being renovated.

Outstanding value and service. The design was exceptionally remarkable in that they packed a lot into a small space (ie. tables that roll away under a counter and cubes that roll under the table).

The front desk staff and management was excellent. They really went out of their way to take care of our needs.

We appreciated the full size kitchen, separate living and bedroom areas, free internet, complimentary breakfast and evening happy hour buffets.

Having stayed over 700 nights at Starwood hotels from economy to luxury, the Element puts it all together and provides more than just a hotel room.

Plus, it's location is convenient to the airport (the free shuttle service was excellent) and a number of restaurants which you can walk to.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 337 which was fine. However, if you ask for an "even" numbered room, yo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Joe and Jan we are so glad that you chose to stay with us and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the property. We know that SPG Members expect the best and we are so happy that your experience with us was a good one. Please come back and see us again, soon!
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We decided we needed a quick get away during Easter weekend. We have stayed at the Westin in MD, RI, and OH and have always been impressed by the quality of the accommodations, great service, delightful beds and showers, and outstanding service. We knew the Element is by Westin but weren't sure what to expect at such an affordable price. The Element did not disappoint. My son and I totally enjoyed our stay. Huge room, comfy sofa, heavenly beds, 32' inch tv, DVD player, refrigerator, sink, stove, huge closets...need I say more? So worth the price. Wonderful coffe and nice breakfast offerings. Breakfast Easter morning was delightful and included cute Eastsr decorations and Easter candy. Nice personal touch...shows they care about their guests. I have stayed twice and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Great weekend specials! Convenient location and great shuttle service.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
So glad to hear both experiences have been positive and we will continue to strive to exceed your expectations. We totally have to give Gina, our chef the credit for a lovely breakfast display on Easter. Our entire team is responsible for the total experience & we are very grateful to have loyal guests such as yourself!
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Element Hotel is an easy access off of HWY 635 just a few miles from the DFW airport. The check in was quick and professional, the staff attentive and helpful. Parking is free, and we left our car there for two weeks while we flew to Florida and cruised the Caribbean. The room was very clean and decorated in a more modern motif. The room included microwave and small refrigerator and was laid out similar to a suite. The hotel is within walking distance of several restaurants, being adjacent to a small strip mall. There was a business center which was handy to utilize right after we had breakfast, which was provided at the hotel. We utilized the shuttle to the airport and the return to the hotel, both timely and easy to access. Currently I would rate this hotel one of the best mid range hotels in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback & are so happy that your time spent with us was comfortable. Please come back, soon!
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for two nights over spring break, it was great! Hotel and room were very clean. Bed was extremely comfortable (except for the pillows that went flat pretty quickly). Every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful. Location is great for Grapevine and Irving area. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind referral. There is lot's to do in the area & we are convenient to Irving, Grapevine, Coppell, Lewisville, Dallas, Fort Worth and the Mid Cities. We also provide 24 hour DFW Airport transfers if you have a future lay lover. Sorry about the flat pillows-let us know on future stays what we can do to exceed your expectations! We keep both foam & feather pillows, which ever you prefer. We strive to make our guests comfy! Please come back to see us again, soon.

Been to Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North? Share your experiences!