“Good hotel near DFW” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 76 Hotels in Irving
“Good hotel near DFW”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Very good service at this hotel -- I arrived in town at 9:30 am and they allowed me to check in early. A HUGE bonus as it enabled me to get ready for my afternoon full of meetings. Staff was very friendly and room was good too, only major issue was that the stopper didn't work in the bathroom sink. A bit dusty as well. Free breakfast a nice perk at all Element hotels. Coffee very good as well. Would like these places even more if they were better lit.

• Stayed January 2013
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for the great review! So glad that you tried us out and had a good experience. Since we are a green hotel, you may notice the dimmer lighting and the green initiatives. So sorry to hear that you had problems with your stopper, I hope that you reported to the Front Desk so that we can get that repaired! Hope you will return on your next trip to the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Element (or, I think it's supposed to be "element") is Starwood's entry into the funky/modern hotel thing that everyone else seems to be doing.
Better than Hyatt Place and maybe neck and neck with it's sister concept A-loft (or aLoft).
Sustainable materials and philosophy. Free breakfast.
From the outside, it's a pretty square and boring looking box. Don't let that be a turn-off - the interior lobby and lounge area is open and airy. The rooms were a great size. I had a studio/kitchen layout. The small kitchen was pretty decent. The room was nicely laid out and functional and I would not have any issue staying there for a few days.

Bed: comfortable like all Starwood properties.

Price: Pretty dang good when I booked.

Front desk: Friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
So happy that you were pleasantly surprised! It is the "element" and we are so glad you tried us out. Please come back!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

What can I say...the room was clean and staff friendly...the Westin just gets it with the new concept of Element Hotels...I will be sure to look for this hotel first when I travel...the value and price was perfect..free wifi, free breakfast and the evening snack, beer and sandy's were delightful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
What a wonderful recommendation! We appreciate it the most when the road warriors are pleased with our product. We look very forward to your return and thank you ever so much for taking the time to post these wonderful comments! See you again, soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed for two nights the last week in December and another night early January before flying back to New York. The shuttle service is wonderful and convenient to DFW airport. The one bedroom suite was clean, comfortable and nicely appointed. The kitchen included a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, disposal, microwave, electric cooktop and all the pans/utensils. The staff was welcoming and efficient. I have stayed here in the past and will stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We could not have asked for a nicer review, thank you so much for your kind words and so thrilled that we have exceeded expectations on all your visits! Next time you are in town let me know and I will do my best to provide you with an upgrade. Nothing we love more than loyal followers!
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel when we were in transit. We chose it for its price point, proximity to the airport and shuttle service to and from the airport. When the shuttle arrived to pick us up, there was not enough space for our party (granted we forgot to tell them how many of us there were), so we had to wait for a return shuttle which was not ideal. Upon check-in, we were told there were no more cribs available (even though we had contacted the hotel earlier in the week to confirm), and then discovered our one bedroom suite that we had booked for the purposes of putting the baby to bed in a separate room and being able to close the bedroom door, was actually a studio room with no separate bedroom.

The desk clerk was very apologetic about each of these mixups, and quickly made things right by moving us to a room that met our requirements (I think the information given to us on booking through the Starwood call centre was incorrect and not the fault of the hotel directy). He asked if I needed milk or anything for my baby, and once I was settled, phoned up to the room to apologize for all the problems and indicated this is not the way they do business and offered the room to us on a complimentary basis for the one night. Given we were travelling at peak holiday season, I recognize there are challenges at this time of year. While our stay had some hiccups, the staff worked hard to accommodate us as best they could which is why I have given it an Excellent rating.

Our bed was extremely comfortable (more than an average hotel of this price point), the room was well appointed with a kitchennette and sitting area and the breakfast was very good. I was disappointed to learn there are only 8 other locations in the US. I will definitely seek out Element hotels in future travels.

Room Tip: One bedroom suite was excellent for travelling with young children (separate bedroom with a door).
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide excellent customer service and apologize for the hiccups. So happy the Front Desk Agent took the initiative to turn your experience around by offering you a free night stay. Traveling with an infant in perfect circumstances isn't easy & we greatly appreciate your patience & understanding. Hope you come back again, soon!
Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I really liked this hotel. I wanted to try it out because of its environmental policies. They had very clean rooms. They had a decent sized fitness room. Something they don't tell you on their website is that they also have a heated saltwater pool. We missed out on that, because we didn't know. I was glad to have the evening reception and the breakfast, but the food was just average. I really liked the coffee. They offer smoothies at breakfast. It was served in very small cups though. I figure they don't want people tasting it and throwing away the rest, so it doesn't bother me. They also didn't have a bathtub in our room. That makes sense because a shower saves water. The shower head and wand were spectacular. Playing the DVD player was a little confusing at first, but we figured it out. If you want to watch the TV from the sofa, you have to wedge something under the TV stand. Otherwise, it will turn back towards the beds. If you want to watch a DVD from the bed, the player can't sense the remote from there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for the kind recommendation! So glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Element DFW North. The "Rise" breakfast & "Relax" evening offerings vary, daily and we strive to offer a variety of tasty items. Suggestions are welcomed! None of the suites at the Element offer bathtubs and you are exactly right, showering saves water. So sorry you had difficulty with the positioning of the television, I will submit a work order to our engineering department to look into for a more permanent solution. We were not aware that If you want to watch a DVD from the bed, the player can't sense the remote from there & we will check into that as well. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you have an opportunity to return in the near future!
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Really a nice hotel. We didn't take advantage of the full kitchen in our room, but I was surprised and delighted to see such quality bedding and luxury bath fixtures in a hotel of the price point. An awful lot of bang for the buck!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to give us your feedback. Our all inclusive amenities make it easy to choose to stay at the Element DFW North. We look very forward to your return and wish you the happiest of holidays!

Been to Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North? Share your experiences!