Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Irving North-Las Colinas to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Irving North-Las Colinas
Ranked #20 of 76 hotels in Irving
Topeka, Kansas
“Superb!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Each room is a suite for the most relaxed accommodations away from home. Super layout. Big screen television is visible from both the king-sized bed and the sitting area. Would LOVE to have this bed in my home. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
David L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Irving North-Las Colinas, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Las Colinas! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you felt our staff and amenities were accommodating to each way you see fit. It's our number one goal to ensure each of our guest's stays are as productive and pleasurable as possible, and I'm glad to hear we hit the mark this time. Your friends at Holiday Inn Express Las Colinas look forward to your return!

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Yep, went to my first room and noticed in the first 5 minutes it had ants...not sure what they were after but I didn't stick around long enough to find out. They kind of disappeared under the bed. I understand that happens in Texas this time of year so I wrote it off and politely asked for another room.

My second room was fine..these are big rooms with sleeper sofas mind you, so the price is not terrible and the location is great for business travelers. I noticed when I walked in the cushions for the sofa and chairs were all up, I assumed that's because they cleaned under there. However, as much as I liked the extra attention to the cushions, it probably would've been better to wash the sheets. I pulled them back and found a...let's call it a "public" hair. You get it.

So why the two stars? They have a managers welcome with drinks and wings free for all guests, and the location near so many restaurants. There ya go!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Irving North-Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear MySalsa,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to share about your experiences during your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Irving Convention Center. I apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. It is certainly never our intention to provide someone with such problems during their stay. I am working with both the Maintenance Department as well as my Executive Housekeeper to make sure both the ants and the hair are addressed appropriately. Rest assured these problems will be corrected immediately. Again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience so we have to opportunity to improve our service and know exactly where the problems lie. We look forward to the chance to win back your business the next time your travels bring you to the Las Colinas area.
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I originally was staying at another hotel in the area and the hotel was not very nice, I checked out and into this hotel and i was very pleasantly surprised. My room was HUGE - I am not sure if I got a complimentary upgrade or if all the rooms are that big, it had a microwave and minifridge and a little sink countertop area, and a living room area with a desk, couch, chair. I was amazed by the size of the room.
It was clean - it looked a few years old but still nice, clean and really great service! I didn't hear any noise from other rooms even though they were busy as the parkinglot was full each night. I would definitely recommend this hotel - they also had a managers reception mon-thurs with drinks and snacks. The location was a 5-10 min. drive on nice less busy streets to get to tons of shopping and restaurants - which was great not having to drive on the interstate or highway to get dinner!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Ben H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Irving North-Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Brienne B,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Irving Convention Center – Las Colinas. Without feedback from guests like you we have no way of knowing how we can improve our guests’ experiences. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the Irving area. Thank you again for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Irving Convention Center – Las Colinas.
Orange, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, seems new if not newly remodeled. It's right next to the Irving Convention Center, so you'll probably get a good deal if there is not convention happening during your stay.

It's right night to the freeway and railway, so it can get noisy, especially if you have a room with a window facing the railway. Note that there is very little around so you'll have to drive a few miles to to restaurants or shops.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the railway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Irving North-Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Whataload,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Irving Convention Center – Las Colinas. Without information back from our guests we have trouble finding ways we can improve our guest service. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and your comments will be shared with the rest of the staff so they can see how they are doing. Thank you again for taking them time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. We all look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Las Colinas area.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am staying at the Holiday Inn Irving and I cannot fault anything. The room is very spacious with a lounge and bedroom area which is spotlessly clean and comfortable. The staff have been wonderful as United Airlines lost my case and they helped with telephone numbers to chase it up. They then provided a shuttle to collect it from the Airport and Larry the driver was great as he sat and waited while I collected the case and then brought me back to the hotel. This has reduced my stress as it was awful being in an area that I don't know and finding myself without a change of clothes for the event that I am attending later.

I cannot thank the staff enough for the helpful support and recommend this hotel wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: The receptionist gave me a room that was not near the elevator and although there is a road and rail...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rmma2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences while staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Irving Convention Center – Las Colinas. We certainly appreciate all the kind words and we will make sure to pass on all your sentiments to the rest of the staff. Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Irving Convention Center – Las Colinas, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Las Colinas area.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Nice hotel. provides all the amenites promised. Hotel was clean, spacious and comfortable. employees were helpful and friendly. The one complaint I have is the location it is difficult to get into the hotel if you are traveling on the opposite side of the highway, not a real big deal, but noticable. I would stay again we stayed for 5 nights and had no problems and really no complaints.

Room Tip: Try a higher floor you may not be distracted by things going on outiside when guests are checking in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear JW633,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Irving Convention Center – Las Colinas. Without feedback from our guests it is difficult to know where we can improve the guest satisfaction. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you back the next time your travels bring you to the Las Colinas area. Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Irving Convention Center – Las Colinas.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed one night upon our arrival to the DFW area. We booked this hotel on Hotwire (we searched for a suite in north DFW area) so didn't know what hotel it would be until after it was booked. We arrived (driving) in DFW area just after midnight. We had to wait a while for someone to come to the front desk to check us in.
Room was clean. Beds are only double beds (not queen) and not the most comfortable, but not horrible (they could really use better support -- seemed to "sink in" in the middle and we are not large people). There was a pullout sofa bed, but no linens for it in the room. We were tired and just improvised with some bedding form each of the 2 double beds as we didn't feel like waiting for linens (after how long we had to wait for check in and we had a young child we just wanted to get go bed). There is a small kitchenette area with a microwave, refrigerator (with small freezer) and sink/counter/cabinets. There is a separate sitting area (where the sofa bed is) that is decent sized and nice if staying with kids. Bathroom is small, sink/vanity is outside of bathroom.
The hotel was very quiet. We had the continental breakfast which was fine.
As many others have said, there is really nothing around this hotel (no restaurants, stores, etc.). Would be very convenient if you were going to an event at the convention center. There is an outdoor pool, but it was closed due to low temps. Free Wi-Fi. Plenty of parking. Grounds look well maintained.
While we were packing up they called our room to remind us that check out time was 11am (it was a few min past).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Irving North-Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear DrMacGyver,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Irving Convention Center. Without feedback from guests like you we have no way of knowing what areas we can improve upon to enhance all of our guests’ stays. We apologize for the inconvenience of not having linens readily available for the pull out sofa. It is something we will address immediately and ensure that no one else encounters this issue moving forward. Again we really appreciate the time you took to let us know how we were doing here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Irving Convention Center.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Irving North-Las Colinas? Share your experiences!