Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Irving North-Las Colinas to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Irving North-Las Colinas
Ranked #20 of 76 hotels in Irving
Fulshear, Texas
“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

All rooms are suites which is nice.
My room was spotless.
Bed is very comfortable. Microwave and fridge in little kitchen area. Bathroom was also clean and well supplied.

My only complaint, very few sections on the cable and some channels did not work,

The location is kind of isolated but plenty of restaurants and stores very close by. But you will need a car.

• Stayed July 2012

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I called the hotel and asked "where am I". The desk clerk was unsure but we were both certain I was close by, so she stayed on the phone with me until I finally saw the weird building next to it (her description). It was indeed a weird looking building-the Convention Center (It kinda looks upside down). By the way, the Convention Center is next door but you can't get to it on foot. A little hard to figure out how to get around but once you manage it starts to make sense. There is a side entrance on a side access road and in the rear a different access road. Sounds confusing but it all worked out. The hotel was spotless and had a nice friendly feel to it. There was actually nothing within walking distance.

Room Tip: The room was a suite but no cooktop in the "kitchenette". No privacy to speak of either i...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed the night here after flying into DFW late. Got a great rate on the reservation online. The staff was friendly & breakfast was awesome. Was pleasantly surprised w/ the nice size of the room. Thanks for a great stay!!!!!

Childress, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We were here with our two children for Mother's Day weekend, and it was great! Breakfast was well stocked. The front desk staff was very helpful. This hotel IS situated in a slightly difficult area, but it was not an issue for us. You will need a car to get to any dining establishments close by. The rooms were nice and very clean. The mini "kitchenette" was a definite bonus with a 5 and 8 year old. The beds were comfy! The only significant "wear" I saw in the room was a makeup stain on sheet. Overall, we were pleased, and we wouldn't hesitate to return. It helped that we got a great rate on Hotwire! :-)

College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

This hotel is older but the room we stayed in was newly remodeled and very large. The bed was comfortable and it was very quiet on the first floor. The front staff informed us of breakfast hours(which they had a good selection in a large dining area) and where we could go near the hotel for some evening drinks. The room was more like a suite with a living area with a couch (sleeper) and chair and desk. It also included a mini fridge, microwave and bar sink and then the bedroom had a flat screen (no tv in living room--kinda weird but ok for the two of us). You could tell the age of the hotel because it had a separate bathtub and shower but all were very clean and nice. There was also a small fitness center and computer lab--all very nice and new and free wireless in the room. I would stay here again if I needed to be near the airport--very close and very convenient.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room facing the pool--it was a very quiet room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

It's amazing how some establishments can make it with such horrible service. It was February 27, when we checked out after using or Priority Club Reward Points. However, the incompetent representative that refused to grant us a late check out, CHARGED OUR CREDIT CARD FOR THE STAY. I spoke to the General Manager, Christina, for a solid month waiting on her refund. Gave up for a month just to see if it would come through. I called and filed a complaint with Customer =Service who is now issuing a check today. It has over 60 days and she did not respond to them either. She advised me on our last conversation she would also credit our points for the inconvenience,. Well, that never happened either. The room was large, but the furniture was old and it smelled pretty musty in there. drive by and go to the next location where you may be more welcome without having to follow up with incompetent and rude indviduals. They dont' deserve your money.

Room Tip: keep driving. place smells and nothing is worse than the service.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Ashley K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Irving North-Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to inform the hotel about your concerns. We want you to know that we take these situations very seriously, in addition their has been a change in management at the hotel level and we are working to improve our guest service. I sincerely hope you will visit with us again during your next to trip to the Las Colinas area. In addition, if you have any questions or need anything else please feel free to reach out to me at Ashley.Kibbe@interstatehotels.com
Lubbock, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed here for 2 days April 12-14. While the hotel is clean with large rooms, I will never stay here again. Two days before my arrival, I called the the hotel and requested a room with 2 bed since I was traveling with another adult and my child, I realize this type of thing is not guaranteed but its not usually a problem. The woman I spoke to said it would not be a problem and she would note my reservation. I arrived on Thurs and not only had my reservation not been noted, the hotel was now oversold due to a Special Olympics hockey team checking in on the same day. So two ppl had to share one bed which is not exactly ideal. When I checked in, the girl told me she would keep looking in their system to see if she could find a room with 2 beds. She stated she would call in the room in 30 min and let me know either way. No phone call ever came and when I went down to the front desk to ask her again about the 2 beds, she denied telling me that she would keep looking. She outright lied to my face. Completely inexcusable.

The fridge in the room was not working and it was plugged in, I told the girl (the same one who checked me in) and she said that maintenance was not available even thought in was 2pm. The fridge was never fixed.

There was no bedding available for the sleeper so I went down to the front desk to get some. They couldn't find the key was I was told at first. Then I was told someone would bring it up to me in a few minutes. After waiting 40 min, I went back down to the front desk and i was told i didn't need to wait around that someone would bring it to me. All together it took 70 min to get the linen for the sleeper,

Breakfast was adequate but a complete mess. The hockey team took over the lobby, breakfast area--everything and it was a total disaster. Hotel management just let them have the run of the place at the expense of other guests. Food and drinks all over the lobby and sitting area and not one employee was cleaning up the mess. We left instead of eating because the area was disgusting.ig

What really sealed the deal for me was the morning desk clerk a man of foreign descent and was not wearing a name tag. I explained to him that I had submitted a request to have the fridge fixed and that it had not been repaired. i just wanted to let him know so that the next guest would be inconveinced. He asked me for my room number and I told him. He said "you paid through priceline, you are not entitled to compensation" I wasn't asking for compensation. I was pointing out that someone on your staff failed to their job and it needs to be fixed. I also pointed out that if they were going to treat their priceline guests so rudely that they shouldn't accept the bid. He was extremely rude and hateful about it and it took every ounce of restraint not to go off on him. I also pointed out that I was a Priority Club member and have been for years and that if he had talked to me that way as a full paying customer he would have alot of trouble on his hands.

The staff needs major training in service and follow through. Everytime I would request something, it would not get completed. Staff tell you one thing and then deny telling your anything. Bad attitude from every one I encountered. I asked to speak to a mgr and he/she refused to come out and speak to me. I followed up with emails and phone calls and all have been ignored.

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, wifi worked good in my room, pool, decent parking, housekeeping did a great job cleaning.

Crappy service, small bathrooms, not enough towels in the bathroom for 3 ppl, nothing in the way of eating around the hotel so you need a car and kind of hard to get to if you don't know the area.

I will bid higher next time just to avoid this place, The bad attitudes and indifferent service was a major turnoff. Never again. I have never been treated any differently as a priceline customer. In fact, I have been upgraded several times at various hotels. But this place was just bad and I will do my best to avoid it in the future.

Room Tip: higher floor facing hwy 114 was quiet. Hotel is on the service road but you can't hear the traf...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to make the hotel aware of your concerns. As always we want your stay to be as pleasent as possible while you are with us. We want to let you know their has been a change in management at the hotel level and we are working to improve the customer service. I sincerely hope that you will try us again during your next trip to Las Colinas. If their is anything else I can do for you please feel free to contact me at Ashley.Kibbe@interstatehotels.com

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Irving North-Las Colinas? Share your experiences!