“Modern, chic and trendy, at a GREAT price!” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #39 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas, TX
“Modern, chic and trendy, at a GREAT price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2008

I stayed one night at the Aloft in Las Colinas. Incredible!! It's W Hotel with bargain prices. The staff were all smiling, friendly and inviting. Check in was quick and effortless. There was back ground music from the W XYZ lounge which added to the ambiance!

The room (though a lil small) is sufficient for a few nights stay. The shower is amazing with a rain like shower head which drenches your entire body. Luxuriois bath and shower essentials which worked great with my sensitive skin.

They have an awesome pet policy and if you let them know in advance they will cater to Fluffy's needs. They are also very kid friendly with programs geered towards kids of all ages.

It's not far from DFW airport and everything is within at least a 5 mile radius.

Good buy for money if you are in the area. I deffinately recommend it!

• Liked — The trendy feel!
  • Disliked — nothing! it was all good!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Aloft_Las_Colinas, General Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you very much for your enthusiastic review of our property! We are happy you noticed the similarities between us and a W hotel, with the major difference being the price! Glad you took note of our Camp aloft program for children and our arf program for dogs on the go! We'll keep the Bliss Spa WC (bathroom) amenities stocked for you until next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2008

I absolutely loved the aloft Las Colinas! From the moment I checked in with the incredibly helpful, friendly and efficient staff I knew I was on to a winner. The atmosphere is fantastic - good music and a great bar in the lobby, a pool table, comfy seating on which to relax both inside and out by the pool.

The rooms are large and well laid out - big comfy bed, large flatscreen TV on the wall, blackout blinds, large shower, fridge and a safe in the room big enough for a laptop and all my other valuables... plenty of sockets to recharge all of my gadgets after a long flight too. Not to mention the great box of tricks on the desk from which you can hook up your music or laptop to the TV - all the cables necessary were provided by the lovely Kayla who went out of her way to make sure I had a great stay - thank you!!

Parking is free, as is wireless internet access, and the breakfast, snacks and little helpful extras like contact lens solution are all very reasonably priced.

I wish all hotels could be this good and I definitely got value for money. I'm very much looking forward to staying here again!

• Liked — The fantastic staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
We are certainly happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your positive experience with TripAdvisor! The aloft brand has spread throughout the world, so we hope you will decide to visit us as often as possible!
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2008

Aloft is the W hotel groups attempt at an urban, hip Euro style modern hotel and they have hit the mark. Our room was very nicely done out. the staff is friendly. The lobby with its bar and 24 hour convenience food area are inviting. The price was wonderful as it was the weekend The only minor complaint is the bed was not as comfortable as most others in the Starwood chain of hotels . A great room with a lot of ambiance for the same price as a cookie cutter,nondescript chain hotel room somewhere. We will definitely return as it was a terrific value

• Liked — ambiance and price
  • Disliked — the bed
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
We appreciate your patronage and your great review! Please come back and see us again, I think you will find that our Signature Platform Bed has greatly improved since your last stay!
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

I stayed here about one week after this aloft opened, and like the O'Hare aloft I had stayed at the previous week, it was a very unique hotel. Unlike other Starwood brands, it looks like all the alofts will have exactly the same room layouts, decor, etc. - which will be great for awhile, until it potentially gets boring down the road. It will also force Starwood to keep up the cleanliness and appearance of all equally - this one was equally as clean and fresh as the O'Hare aloft. There are many major businesses in the near vicinity of the hotel (hence my hotel choice in this instance), and the hotel has a shuttle up and running to take you there if needed. The self-serve breakfast had a good assortment of items, and was quite reasonably priced - far cheaper than a one-size-fits-all buffet, or the overpriced room service of a Sheraton. Everything was in good working order, with the exception of a few HD channels that were experiencing some satellite difficulty. With the Starwood promotion through year end of earning 8 points per dollar spent at an aloft, for my money, it's definitely worth it when compared to the variable quality of some recent Sheraton stays I've had.

• Liked — Clean, fresh, and close to my business meetings
  • Disliked — Not many restaurants nearby
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for deciding to visit us here in Las Colinas! Your comments regarding the value of an aloft when compared to other brands could not be more true! We will do our best to maintain the standard of cleanliness, service and overall condition you have come to expect!
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2008

I happened across this hotel while searching for places in the Dallas, TX areas. What a FIND it was! I love all things modern and contemporary so this hotel was right up my tasteful alley! From the moment I walked in, I felt apart of a trendy, classy, relaxing, yet exciting group of travelers. It felt awkwardly comfortable walking into the front doors to a minimalist front desk area with polo shirt clad representatives saying, "Aloha!" It was nice to not have a big standard (sometimes intimidating) front desk at which to check in.

I got a standard room (King bed) for $89.00/night initally. When I came in the room I immediately logged onto the Aloft Hotel website to see if they had any promotional rates available. Sure enough they had the same room available fro $69.00/night. I went back downstairs where the agent gladly researched the rate and changed mine to $69/night.

This is a new hotel, so everything has a new, fresh, and vibrant feeling to it. The room is spacious and open. The bed linens were clean and very comfortable. There was complimentary coffees and water in the room. The big 42" flat screen on the wall definitely made me feel like I had stumbled on to something GREAT! There is even a AOMNI Plug-N-Play box available so you can watch movies and stuff that are in your computer on the Big Screen TV. TOO COOL!!!! (FYI - bring your own HDMI-USB-LAN-PC VIDEO-S VIDEO cords if you intend to take advantage of it).

I even peeked my head into the adequately furnished gym that they have on property. VERY NICE EQUIPMENT. The pool area and adjacent outdoor lounge area are definitely pluses. So far, I havent found ONE thing that I can genuinely complain about! This hotel had me from moment #1. I'm super glad I decided to stay here. I had a few guests over and they ALL thought it was a fantastic place. Did I mention that this joint is SUPER QUIET! So its great for business travelers!

Free Wi-Fi (or LAN in your room)
Coffee Cafe/Bar/Food Store on the first floor
More cable channels than any hotel I've ever been in
Stand up shower (which ladies may or may not like)
Shower had wonderful shower gels and shampoo on the wall
Refrigerator in the room - Safe in the room
RIGHT next door to a Chipotle Restaurant (HEYYYY!!!)
Shopping areas within 2 miles
Pool table downstairs (it turns into a real party every night - so FUN)

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!!

• Liked — Sleek decor, friendly staff, and relaxing atmosphere!
  • Disliked — It's attached to freeways, but its a 10 mile ride to Dallas proper.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
It seems as though we made quite the impression on you! Thank you for sharing your experience at aloft Las Colinas with the traveling public!

Been to aloft Las Colinas? Share your experiences!