“Excellent Hotel and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$10 Breakfast Credit
Ranked #41 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Excellent Hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Lots of amenities for the budget minded travler. Good restaurants in walking distance. Just a great place to stay. Sarah the front desk manager is extremely friendly and always willing to point her guest in the right direction.

• Stayed July 2013
Daphne M, Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience and I will pass your compliments on to Sarah.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My stay at the Aloft was fine. The room was a bit industrial and lacked warmth in decor. Kinda cheap feel to it like staying in a dorm room or an Ikea decorated hotel. For example, the wall above the bed had a cow hide insert that was paper instead of the real thing. It wasn't awful, just texturally lacking. Trying to be upscale and then cheapening it with a paper insert.

The bed was comfortable. The lights from the parking lot made it essential to turn down the blinds blocking out the sun in the morning. Maybe not a big deal to some, but I like waking up to the morning light. I couldn't get the a/c to run a comfortable temperature. It was either too hot or too cold even with the movement of only one degree. I woke up several times during the night on consecutive nights trying to adjust it appropriately.

Showers were unusually hot, so extra points for that and their shower products were above average. There was a small fridge, a safe that I couldn't get to work, and no tub, shower only. So after long days of standing on my feet, there was no relief to be found in a hot bath.

The pool table in the lobby with comfortable chairs was a nice change. The bar area was inviting of interesting conversations. And there was a snackbar area near the check-in desk that beckoned you to spend way too much on a candy bar. The pool area was nice. Parking was okay. The elevators were a little slow, but manageable.

I thought it was odd that they placed a small snack bag with a few munchies in it on my table. I thought it was a welcome gift, only to find out that if I opened the bag it would cost me $10! The snacks had been sitting in the window and seemed like they'd been there for some time and had a used kind of quality to them.

Feels like more of a college hangout than a business professional place to stay. That being said, my room was clean and quiet and I'd stay there again if need be. I probably wouldn't choose it, but I used Priceline to book it and named my own price for $50. Not a bad deal for that price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool or back area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Daphne M, Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We all want you to know that it is greatly appreciated and hope you have the opportunity to visit with us again.
Euless, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The pool was a perfect temperature. It was really nice to not smell like chlorine when we came out. Everyone was very accomodating and friendly. The bartender let us have glassware to take to our room and even opened our bottle of wine for us. The staff were upbeat and gave off a positive vibe - like they enjoyed being here. Of course this made our experience better as well. I felt like we were hanging out with friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Daphne M, Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay! We look forward to your next visit to Las Colinas.
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed one night back in February 2013 on a trip through 3-4 cities in the US. Good modern hotel with nice big room, clean facilities (no tub in the bathroom, which I didn't miss really) and hassle-free check-in/check-out. Room design is modern, air temp was comfortable through the night and not a bad place to sleep several nights in (if the trip had been longer).

I think the only thing that could have been improved is the lighting level in the room--I found it very dimly lit but then again, I find that most hotels in the US like it that way).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Daphne M, General Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time out and providing us with your feedback!! I am glad that enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your visiting with us in the future!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for business. I was pleasantly surprised. It looks and has the funky feel is a W without the cost.
1)Rooms are nice and clean. 2)Large shower and nice sink area
3)staff is very attentive.

Yes they have plastic cups in the bathroom, but that's about the only give away that you are not staying at a more expensive hotel.

I would recommend you try it.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback!! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at aloft Las Colinas!!
Santa Teresa, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

From the time we walked into the hotel we loved it!! We got a great online price when reserving our room. The staff was so friendly and helpful. We loved the contemporary and modern flair of the hotel. Everything was clean and well kept. Our room was great! We loved the setup and the shower was amazing!! We also love the Bliss Spa items in the bathroom. The music at night was very cool. We would definitely stay here again and again!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you April for your feedback! I am glad that the aloft Vibe was right for you and hope that you will visit with us in the near future!
Cleburne, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Aloft is a hip, comfortable "world" hotel smack dab in the middle of everything Las Colinas has to offer. My family booked 10-15 rooms, wedding day venue shuttle service, and a sound tight conference room for 3 nights of bridal shower and late night family gab/guitar jam sessions. The staff was very sensitive to our need to gather, and was MORE than helpful morning, noon, or night.

Unlike most hotels, socializing is actually encouraged by design. The modern lobby is more than a pass through to your room--it invites you have a seat and stay a while with energetic music, food items for 24 hour purchase, evening bar availability, a pool table, table games, and TONS of casual seating (and electrical outlets for chargers). It felt like we had a huge living room at our disposal for the weekend!

The only downsides were the size of the luggage carts, no tubs, and only having shelves (no dresser) for storage in the rooms. But otherwise there was ample surface and luggage space, a mini fridge, nice size wall HDTV's, and a spacious floor area. Would definitely recommend Aloft for your weekend get-togethers!

• Stayed June 2013
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a great review - we really appreciate it. We're happy to hear that our hotel and staff were able to accommodate you and your family during such an important weekend. Thanks again for the review!