“Short trip accommodations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Kansas City, Missouri
“Short trip accommodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

When I checked into the hotel I encountered very friendly customer service and this was the way it was throughout my 3-day stay. I was surprised that there was no dresser or drawer space for my clothes. This is the first time I have encountered that but the shelf space was sufficient. I forgot to join the member club before checking out and getting my points for using the green card one day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Daphne M, General Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your response. I am very glad to hear that the hotel and staff were accommadating to your needs. Hope to see you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed here with my husband and two kids as a last minute getaway. Booked the hotel through their website the day of check in and found a pretty decent rate ($79 plus tax). The room was clean and although the lobby (bar area) was loud in the evening (on a Friday night) the door separating the hallway from the lobby silenced all the noise. They also allow small dogs to stay in the room for no additional charge! And there are a few quick restaurants within a few hundred feet of the hotel (Chipotle, Corner Bakery, Chicago Pizza, etc.). The hotel is also located near the highway and is easy to get to. Front desk was extremely helpful!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thanks for the review. We are glad to hear that you, your family and your pet enjoyed your last minute getaway. Thanks again for staying with us!
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a pretty nice hotel, that was located in the more business district of Irving-Dallas area. They offered to shuttle me not only to the airport, but also they were up for getting me down to my business office only a few blocks away. Very nice of them to do that. Our room might have been a bit shabby though, as several little things kept popping off or were found broken when we messed with them.
I would hope that the other rooms are in better shape though, as if I were paying for this (since the company paid it was, okay) I'd want a room that wasn't so broken. Ex: Our bathroom sliding door was off the track and would sling out when closing it.

Anyway, the lobby area was lovely and great place where a lot of people were hanging out. There was a pool table and a nice fireplace. The outdoor pool was small, but I really liked the area. There was also a fireplace outside, if it were cold enough I would have loved to use that!

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Found myself having to go to Dallas (Irving) for work for a couple days and my meetings were in the Las Colinas area. Never stayed at an Aloft property before, but I've stayed with Starwood many times and always been satisfied. The place certainly has a hip and trendy theme it is going for, and while that is not really something that is important to me in a place to sleep, it wasn't obnoxious. I'll say this: they are all-in on the theme. The decor is dripping with it, and I'll admit that it grew on me.

Starwood has a spot on their online reservation form for special requests. I figured why not and requested a bucket of ice in my room. I've found many hotels of this size no longer have an ice machine on every floor, so trekking to find the thing is annoying when I just want a cold glass of water after a long day. I didn't expect them to actually do it, and my expectation was met, because I got to the room, and no ice! Called the front desk and was told I had to go down there to get it. The host at the front desk did very promptly give me a big bag of ice, however it would have been nice if they'd have handed it to me when I checked in.

The room was very nice, and very clean. Connecting to WiFi took no time, and the flat screen on the wall has a box hooked up to it that will allow you to connect just about any device to it and project onto the screen provided you have a cable. The signs on it say they have extra cables at the front desk if you forgot yours.

Bed was very comfortable, and I slept like a rock. No random noises during the night. AC unit was a bit loud, but it worked like a champ, so no complaints there. Shower was awesome! The room is set up with counter and vanity to the side as you walk in. The toilet and shower are in a sort of closet area past that with a pocket door for privacy if you need it.

The area immediately around the place has limited options for food, but if you can travel a couple miles by car, you have lots of choices. I didn't partake of the bar or breakfast, but both looked like attractive options.

I'll stay here again when business requires, and I'll ask for the ice before I head up to the room.

Room Tip: Ask for ice before going up to your room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
We really appreciate your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the in-room technology and the bed. Thanks for letting us know about the unmet expectations for the ice request. We do try to accommodate those requests as much as possible. Thanks again for sharing!
Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great value; helpful, professional staff; quiet room; good location. We look forward to staying here once a year and appreciate everything about the hotel - absolutely no problems. A hassle-free stay.

Room Tip: Last year we were in 101 - last room in the corridor, VERY quiet. This year we stayed in 102 - agai...
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for three nights on a business trip and would never choose to stay here again. There was nothing awful about the hotel or service, but everything lacked. The rooms are laid out very oddly and I wasn't fond of that at all. The clock next to the bed wasn't digital and the ticking kept me from sleeping so I unplugged it, but was then without a clock. The products in the room were not as nice as promised on the website; the shampoo and conditioner was an in-one product. For $140 per night I'd like to get separate shampoo and conditioner. The product was also installed in the shower gym style which probably reduces the amount of what is taken home by the guest, but again, for $140 per night, I think I should get some cute little bottles to take home. On my second day the blowdryer in my room broke and when I called for a new one was told it would be right up. After 45 minutes my hair was dry anyway so I left. I also received no "I'm sorry" when I reported that it broke, just a disgruntled woman who acted as if I'd put her out somehow. So overall, nothing horribly awful, but for the price paid, disappointing.

• Stayed May 2013
Meagan B, Meagan Beatty at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We regret to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We take pride in great customer service so we’ll discuss the interactions you experienced with our team right away. Thanks again for the feedback.
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay!! The room was really clean and so was the bathroom. The shower head felt like you are standing in a rain shower. It was very relaxing. There is no tub at all!!!! Just a heads up for the people who like to take a bath or have young kids they give a bath. We stayed on the 5th floor and amazingly enough we really did not hear other people, including tv's:) rooms are nicely laid out with plenty of space. Nice bar area with a pool table. The pool looked lovely but unfortunately it was still to early in the year to enjoy it. Our only issue we had, very minor by the way, was that our mini fridge did not work. I informed the young lady at the desk as we where checking out the next morning and she had someone on it very quickly. I would highly recommend this hotel my friends and family. Also, we were allowed to check in early witch was a very nice bonus considering we were two hours earlier than check in time. Thank you for that:)

Room Tip: Ask for the 5th floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are happy to hear you were able to have a quiet and peaceful stay with us. We're glad we were able to accommodate your early check in. We apologize that your mini fridge wasn't working but we're able to have someone address immediately. Thanks again!

Been to aloft Las Colinas? Share your experiences!