“Clean & Comfortable!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
“Clean & Comfortable!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay!! The room was really clean and so was the bathroom. The shower head felt like you are standing in a rain shower. It was very relaxing. There is no tub at all!!!! Just a heads up for the people who like to take a bath or have young kids they give a bath. We stayed on the 5th floor and amazingly enough we really did not hear other people, including tv's:) rooms are nicely laid out with plenty of space. Nice bar area with a pool table. The pool looked lovely but unfortunately it was still to early in the year to enjoy it. Our only issue we had, very minor by the way, was that our mini fridge did not work. I informed the young lady at the desk as we where checking out the next morning and she had someone on it very quickly. I would highly recommend this hotel my friends and family. Also, we were allowed to check in early witch was a very nice bonus considering we were two hours earlier than check in time. Thank you for that:)

Room Tip: Ask for the 5th floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are happy to hear you were able to have a quiet and peaceful stay with us. We're glad we were able to accommodate your early check in. We apologize that your mini fridge wasn't working but we're able to have someone address immediately. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Shreveport, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I really wanted to rate this property 5 stars but...

First let me say that the customer service at aloft Las Colinas is GREAT! The front desk staff is "on the money" when it comes to people skills. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay but there were just a few things I believe that are worth mentioning to fellow travelers.

1. The Elevator: once the "single" door elevator reaches the 5th floor, it make a terrible noise and begins to shake violently. This definitely didn't help with my phobia of elevators.

2. The room: The room is somewhat small for 2 people. I really believe that it's the perfect size for 1 person but this is coming from a suite-only traveler when it comes to hotel rooms. It is noteworthy to mention that the bathroom/shower is not completely closed off. It has a slider door that gives minimal privacy.

3. Cleanliness: Overall, the room was clean, however, there was a placard on the counter/nightstand with a contact lense on it. How on earth did housekeeping miss this???

Again, if traveling alone and in need of a small room that I didn't plan to spend much time in; this would be my first choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyattsville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We checked into the hotel three days before I got married. I wanted to get away from the wedding craziness at my mother's house and enjoy sometime with my future husband. We checked in and gave the front desk personnel Welcome bags to give to our guest. We used the aloft for the Host hotel. The proximity to our venue was very short about a 10 minute drive. The room was your typical Aloft style. I can appreciate free parking and water. Two things you pay dearly for at other properties. We had a peaceful nights rest there and we were separated from the rest of our guest so we could sneak in and out as we please. They took care of us and even though they don't participate in the Wedding points programs the price and value were still high.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay before your wedding. We understand that it can be a stressful time so knowing that we are happy to hear that your experience was enjoyable. Congratulations!
Pineville, Louisiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here during a short getaway and to be in the Las Colinas area. Hotel had a nice presentation and online pics were nice. When we arrived we were pleased But the beds were really uncomfortable. It was just like laying on a box spring. There was not a ice machine but there were bags of ice packaged ready to grab in the refrigerator in the lobby. Overall the hotel was nice for the rate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We regret to hear that you didn’t find the beds to be very comfortable and we will definitely pass on your concerns in hopes to remedy this. We’re thrilled that you were mostly satisfied with your stay. Again, we appreciate your comments.
Fulshear, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Wow what a breath of fresh air. My stay at the aloft Hotel in Las Colinas was my first time at one of their properties. It will not be my last by a longshot.
The entire property is a breath of fresh air. The design of the lobby and check-in area is great. The rooms are very very nice and well thought out.
Check in was a breeze even though it was on the late side of the evening.
The room was spotless. The room itself is well designed And very comfortable.
Service by the staff is outstanding and very Responsive.
The location in lost Collinas cannot be beat. There is a nice variety of casual restaurants within a very short walking distance.
Access to the highways and the rest of the metro area is very convenient.
I will certainly return on my next trip to the Dallas metroplex.

• Stayed April 2013
Tipperary, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Aloft is a nice but needs some attention to detail. I was pleased when I arrived, trendy upbeat place. Check in was quick and front desk staff very welcoming. Unfortunately the cleanliness of the room was subpar. There was black hair all over the bathroom floor (I don't have black hair), I even found some on the bed sheets. The sheets looked clean other than that so I presummed it was from the maids. It was late and I didn't want to hassle with this issue at the moment, I figured the next day would be better after the maids came. Imagine my surprise when there was more black hair left on the bathroom floor the next day. I resorted to cleaning it up myself. Yes, this is a minor issue but doesn't give the guest a clean feeling when staying in a hotel room. (I declined maid service the remainder of my stay)

Casey at the bar was great. She was friendly and professional.

The fitness center is good, enough equipment to get a good workout in.

There is a gentleman that works maintenance (I haven't caught his name yet). He is exceptional, friendly, inviting, always wishing you a great day. All employees should take notice, he is what customer service is about.

Things that have been frustrating.... There is absolutely no information in the rooms as far as where to get ice, location of fitness center, pool hours, area restraunts, etc. You have to ask someone for every question as they don't offer any details upon checking in or in the room. The only access off of first floor is via the elevator. You can take the stairs down which lead to a door that goes directly outside. These doors are locked so you cannot go back in the same way. I understand this is probably for security but really, put a card reader on the doors and allow guests to use the stairs! The front desk staff is hit or miss. Some are really great, others act as if you are inconviencing them. I would bet money one gal was drinking, I had to wait for her to finish her flirting activites with two guys as they discussed getting a drink after she got off work before I could purchase an item and then I could hardly understand her (slurring words), very unprofessional.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel but it does need improvement in the areas of consistent service and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms above the front entrance, people stand outside to smoke and drink and prior to the bar c...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. We regret to hear that your stay at hotel did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide excellent customer service and clean rooms so we’ll be addressing these issues with our staff immediately. Thanks again for sharing!
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this location. It is conveniently located very close to the DFW airport and about a ten to fifteen minute drive from downtown. The layout of the rooms appears to be very well thought out. The restroom/sink/closet area is separate from the bedroom. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The hotel bar is very neat; they also have a drink called wedding cake that is delightful and somehow tastes like cake. The lounge has board games and a pool table. It has all the amenities you would want, with great customer service in a great location.

Room Tip: ask the staff for assistance and they should be able to help
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it! We are delighted to hear that we met your expectations. Our team is dedicated to providing quality customer service and delicious drinks. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to aloft Las Colinas? Share your experiences!