“Simple” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Pineville, Louisiana, United States
“Simple”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here during a short getaway and to be in the Las Colinas area. Hotel had a nice presentation and online pics were nice. When we arrived we were pleased But the beds were really uncomfortable. It was just like laying on a box spring. There was not a ice machine but there were bags of ice packaged ready to grab in the refrigerator in the lobby. Overall the hotel was nice for the rate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We regret to hear that you didn’t find the beds to be very comfortable and we will definitely pass on your concerns in hopes to remedy this. We’re thrilled that you were mostly satisfied with your stay. Again, we appreciate your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Fulshear, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Wow what a breath of fresh air. My stay at the aloft Hotel in Las Colinas was my first time at one of their properties. It will not be my last by a longshot.
The entire property is a breath of fresh air. The design of the lobby and check-in area is great. The rooms are very very nice and well thought out.
Check in was a breeze even though it was on the late side of the evening.
The room was spotless. The room itself is well designed And very comfortable.
Service by the staff is outstanding and very Responsive.
The location in lost Collinas cannot be beat. There is a nice variety of casual restaurants within a very short walking distance.
Access to the highways and the rest of the metro area is very convenient.
I will certainly return on my next trip to the Dallas metroplex.

• Stayed April 2013
Tipperary, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Aloft is a nice but needs some attention to detail. I was pleased when I arrived, trendy upbeat place. Check in was quick and front desk staff very welcoming. Unfortunately the cleanliness of the room was subpar. There was black hair all over the bathroom floor (I don't have black hair), I even found some on the bed sheets. The sheets looked clean other than that so I presummed it was from the maids. It was late and I didn't want to hassle with this issue at the moment, I figured the next day would be better after the maids came. Imagine my surprise when there was more black hair left on the bathroom floor the next day. I resorted to cleaning it up myself. Yes, this is a minor issue but doesn't give the guest a clean feeling when staying in a hotel room. (I declined maid service the remainder of my stay)

Casey at the bar was great. She was friendly and professional.

The fitness center is good, enough equipment to get a good workout in.

There is a gentleman that works maintenance (I haven't caught his name yet). He is exceptional, friendly, inviting, always wishing you a great day. All employees should take notice, he is what customer service is about.

Things that have been frustrating.... There is absolutely no information in the rooms as far as where to get ice, location of fitness center, pool hours, area restraunts, etc. You have to ask someone for every question as they don't offer any details upon checking in or in the room. The only access off of first floor is via the elevator. You can take the stairs down which lead to a door that goes directly outside. These doors are locked so you cannot go back in the same way. I understand this is probably for security but really, put a card reader on the doors and allow guests to use the stairs! The front desk staff is hit or miss. Some are really great, others act as if you are inconviencing them. I would bet money one gal was drinking, I had to wait for her to finish her flirting activites with two guys as they discussed getting a drink after she got off work before I could purchase an item and then I could hardly understand her (slurring words), very unprofessional.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel but it does need improvement in the areas of consistent service and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms above the front entrance, people stand outside to smoke and drink and prior to the bar c...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. We regret to hear that your stay at hotel did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide excellent customer service and clean rooms so we’ll be addressing these issues with our staff immediately. Thanks again for sharing!
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this location. It is conveniently located very close to the DFW airport and about a ten to fifteen minute drive from downtown. The layout of the rooms appears to be very well thought out. The restroom/sink/closet area is separate from the bedroom. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The hotel bar is very neat; they also have a drink called wedding cake that is delightful and somehow tastes like cake. The lounge has board games and a pool table. It has all the amenities you would want, with great customer service in a great location.

Room Tip: ask the staff for assistance and they should be able to help
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it! We are delighted to hear that we met your expectations. Our team is dedicated to providing quality customer service and delicious drinks. We hope to see you again soon!
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I love aloft properties! They are sleek and contemporary. The bar area was fun. There is not a complimentary breakfast, but they have good food available for purchase. The rooms were cool and service was excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Aloft Las Colinas. We are glad to hear you like our style and enjoyed our w xyz bar. Thanks for staying with us!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Aloft in Las Colinas, TX and was very pleased with the hospitality that was serviced to me. For anyone looking to start their weekend stay for a great start, I would recommend Gina and Sarah as the best!

Bryan B.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel has excellent service. The front desk agent (working evening on 3/7) was quick checking us in and very kind. The bartender the same. I even got a smile and a "hello sir" from a housekeeper. Its the little things that make a huge difference. Keep up the good work and please thank your staff for providing such great service.

Room Tip: Ask for xtra pillows. They are small sized for a king bed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AloftGeneralManager, General Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for the positive criticism and kind remarks. I plan on sharing the success's you experienced during your stay with all of our staff.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Live life aloft.

Been to aloft Las Colinas? Share your experiences!