“Great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 76 hotels in Irving
New York City, New York
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean and the staff was very friendly, especially Lacey. She went above and beyond to provide me with good service. She even remembered my name three days after I'd checked in. I liked the ambiance of the hotel. It was a great value. A+

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AloftGeneralManager, General Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I want you to know how much we appreciate your your stay here at the Aloft Las Colinas. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and deliver a pleasant experience. Your comments will be shared with our hotel team.

Thank you again!

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Wichita Falls, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here after our flight back from Mexico....we were pleasantly suprised at how nice this place is...We loved the themes and decor...Room was spacious and well thought out...Drinks in the bar are good but quite pricy so beware..The area was very nice and the pizza place was the best pizza i have ever had...Honestly u cant find a nicer hotel for this price..So if u want to stay somewhere that is different that ur run of the mill hotel room this is the place..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AloftGeneralManager, Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thanks so much for the kind review! We're always thrilled to hear when a guest had an exceptional stay with us! We hope you make your way back to us again soon!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hotel - Great location (just off freeway), great decor (very modern), great front desk staff. Nice bar/lounge area in the lobby, and beers are $3 during happy hour. Didn't get a chance to check out the gym, pool, and backyard. Some good options for food within the plaza (Chipotle's, Corner Bakery, a Mediterranean place, a pizza place).

Room - Clean, modern, and spacious. Toiletries provided are nice (soap, shampoo, shower gel, hand lotion). TV has a lot of channels (try out the lodgenet app, it's far superior to the unresponsive remote).

Amenities - Wifi speed is decent (not as bad as some other reviews have stated). Shuttle service is timely and professional.

The Bad - This isn't getting a 4 or even 5 star rating because the pillowcases had not been replaced when the room was turned over. One smelled like perfume, and the other smelled greasy. This was, needless to say, disgusting. Luckily there were extra pillows in the closet. The AC/Heating unit is really loud (will wake you up if you're a light sleeper). The carpet was ripped and burned in a couple of spots. The person working at the front desk when I checked in was more concerned with socializing with her friend than getting me settled in (all other front desk staff were exceptional).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We obviously have some definite room for improvement, and I assure you that all of your concerns have been discussed with our management staff to ensure that we do not repeat the same mistakes we made during your stay with us. I assure you that we always strive to provide A+ quality to all of our guests, and my deepest regrets that we did not provide you with that. Please come see us again so that we can show you a true aloft experience!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Aloft was a good hotel for us for a two night stay. We wouldn't pay full price for the hotel stay. We received an online deal for our stay. The atmosphere is more eclectic and "club" like. They have a nice food area set up but you have to pay for it. They do provide a complementary bottle of water in your room. Most places charge you for it. The reception staff was friendly and helpful. We had booked one night and then decided to get 2 but because we booked on priceline, we would be in 2 different rooms with double check out times. The front desk was heldful and allowed us to stay in our original room without having to change rooms and have double check out times.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We always appreciate absolute honesty from our guests. We understand if the atmosphere doesn’t quite fit your taste, but we welcome you back for another service-oriented stay with us! We hope to have you again!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I did stay in this hotel at the end of Dec 2012 and first days of 2013. The hotel has a modern design, my room was big, with a king size bed, quiet. The bathroom is modern too, with large space for the shower. I would prefer had the sink not detached from the space of the restroom but it was ok. Good options for having breakfast around. well connected with the airport and downtown. The hotel has a swimming pool and a lounge bar in the lobby. Complimentary wifi everywhere with good signal and speed. Overall it was a very good deal. Recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AloftGeneralManager, Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your A+ experience with us! We're always thrilled to hear good feedback from our guests. We hope that when your travels brings you back to Dallas, we'll see you again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed there for one night with my bro. While we were on the road, And that was not my choice it was Priceline.
Th hotel had a new modern style and it was much cleaner than other hotels.

Even though I enjoyed it but the most bad thing was the woman in the reception, she was talking with us in a rude way and she said that because I am a Priceline customer!!!

• Stayed January 2013
AloftGeneralManager, General Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you so much for providing us with this crucial feedback! We always want to know when our talents aren't providing A+ service so that we can seek them out for further training and many times, consequences. In no way was our service acceptable or to be expected by our other staff members. Rest assured that the proper actions will be taken and your feedback will not be taken lightly. Again, thank you for taking the time to review aloft Las Colinas!
San Angelo, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

At first glance, this hotel looks very appealing. Modern design, open lobby, bar, sitting area. But at closer inspection, this isn't a comfortable hotel. Everything has a catchy name, even the pool. We'll start at the aforementioned bar, with a cutesy “WXYZ” name. The bartender acts as cold as the building she's in. In fact, I'm not sure she even wants to be there. She'll be happy to bring you some $9 chicken tenders fresh from the microwave though, fresh as the day they were cut from a rubber chicken. So let's mosey over to the elevators now. Yes, even these try too hard. Aloft management thinks it's very important for all their guests to be bombarded with some thumping club music on the way to your floor. Seriously? You now arrive at your room. Not terrible, but I’ve stayed in more comfortable Motel 6’s. The rooms are big concrete squares. Staying for a week on business and looking for somewhere to store your clothes? Good luck. Storage space is severely lacking in the “closet”. They even have two shelves on top of the open closet that I, at 6 foot, couldn’t reach. I did manage to throw my suitcase up there once unpacked so it was out of the way. The bathroom itself is manageable. But don’t plan on getting comfortable in the room. Looking to kick back and watch a show? The design geniuses have the room laid out so that if you do want to watch, you have to do it from the bed. The little couch thing is directly UNDER the TV and completely useless as a viewing station. Hoping for a good night’s sleep? Good luck. The bed is as hard as a rock, nowhere near the comfort level of the heavenly beds provided by hotels further up the list. And I was repeatedly woken up by beeping sounds from the phone system. I inquired at the front desk and they said they were resetting the phones for the new year and it might beep. She suggested I turn it down but that didn’t do anything. The desk is the only thing they get right. Easily accessible plugs and connections. But don’t open the candy bag. It’s $10. Wifi is another joke. You will repeatedly get kicked off or find yourself unable to surf. All this after being asked to login so they know you’re legit. The breakfast bar is well done though. They offer a decent variety of food and will prepare several things fresh for you on the spot.
Overall a very disappointing hotel for business travelers in my opinion. I opted for a week here because they are in the SPG network and my usual place didn’t have room (no surprise, since it’s way up the list from here). But I’m sure there’s a niche they fill for the early 20s crowd, somehow.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AloftGeneralManager, Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your response! We always appreciate feedback from our guests, good or bad. I regret that we could not meet your expecations during your travels, however, I completely understand if we aren't your preferred hotel. We always strive to provide A+ service to all of our guests and not fullfilling that for you is our biggest regret. Please note that we have taken the proper action to prevent your experience from repeating itself with any future guests of ours. we're always thrilled to have such loyal SPG guests staying with us and I hope that your stay with us doesn't effect your loyalty to Starwood. Starwood strives to have a hotel brand for all kinds of travelers and I'm sure they have one that better appeals to you. Again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience!

Many Thanks!

Been to aloft Las Colinas? Share your experiences!