“Good place but rude reception” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #25 of 77 hotels in Irving
“Good place but rude reception”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed there for one night with my bro. While we were on the road, And that was not my choice it was Priceline.
Th hotel had a new modern style and it was much cleaner than other hotels.

Even though I enjoyed it but the most bad thing was the woman in the reception, she was talking with us in a rude way and she said that because I am a Priceline customer!!!

• Stayed January 2013
AloftGeneralManager, General Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you so much for providing us with this crucial feedback! We always want to know when our talents aren't providing A+ service so that we can seek them out for further training and many times, consequences. In no way was our service acceptable or to be expected by our other staff members. Rest assured that the proper actions will be taken and your feedback will not be taken lightly. Again, thank you for taking the time to review aloft Las Colinas!

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Angelo, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

At first glance, this hotel looks very appealing. Modern design, open lobby, bar, sitting area. But at closer inspection, this isn't a comfortable hotel. Everything has a catchy name, even the pool. We'll start at the aforementioned bar, with a cutesy “WXYZ” name. The bartender acts as cold as the building she's in. In fact, I'm not sure she even wants to be there. She'll be happy to bring you some $9 chicken tenders fresh from the microwave though, fresh as the day they were cut from a rubber chicken. So let's mosey over to the elevators now. Yes, even these try too hard. Aloft management thinks it's very important for all their guests to be bombarded with some thumping club music on the way to your floor. Seriously? You now arrive at your room. Not terrible, but I’ve stayed in more comfortable Motel 6’s. The rooms are big concrete squares. Staying for a week on business and looking for somewhere to store your clothes? Good luck. Storage space is severely lacking in the “closet”. They even have two shelves on top of the open closet that I, at 6 foot, couldn’t reach. I did manage to throw my suitcase up there once unpacked so it was out of the way. The bathroom itself is manageable. But don’t plan on getting comfortable in the room. Looking to kick back and watch a show? The design geniuses have the room laid out so that if you do want to watch, you have to do it from the bed. The little couch thing is directly UNDER the TV and completely useless as a viewing station. Hoping for a good night’s sleep? Good luck. The bed is as hard as a rock, nowhere near the comfort level of the heavenly beds provided by hotels further up the list. And I was repeatedly woken up by beeping sounds from the phone system. I inquired at the front desk and they said they were resetting the phones for the new year and it might beep. She suggested I turn it down but that didn’t do anything. The desk is the only thing they get right. Easily accessible plugs and connections. But don’t open the candy bag. It’s $10. Wifi is another joke. You will repeatedly get kicked off or find yourself unable to surf. All this after being asked to login so they know you’re legit. The breakfast bar is well done though. They offer a decent variety of food and will prepare several things fresh for you on the spot.
Overall a very disappointing hotel for business travelers in my opinion. I opted for a week here because they are in the SPG network and my usual place didn’t have room (no surprise, since it’s way up the list from here). But I’m sure there’s a niche they fill for the early 20s crowd, somehow.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AloftGeneralManager, Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your response! We always appreciate feedback from our guests, good or bad. I regret that we could not meet your expecations during your travels, however, I completely understand if we aren't your preferred hotel. We always strive to provide A+ service to all of our guests and not fullfilling that for you is our biggest regret. Please note that we have taken the proper action to prevent your experience from repeating itself with any future guests of ours. we're always thrilled to have such loyal SPG guests staying with us and I hope that your stay with us doesn't effect your loyalty to Starwood. Starwood strives to have a hotel brand for all kinds of travelers and I'm sure they have one that better appeals to you. Again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience!

Many Thanks!
Lubbock, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

A week ago, I stayed a room 231 which was facing to the garbage dumpster for one night. It was very loud in the morning. In addition, At that day, the hotel clean up a septic tank. It started from 7am in the morning and lasted for 30 minutes. I could not sleep after that.

If it was not sold out at that night, front desk agents should not assign those rooms.

The wall of shower booth was soapy and there was a big red suspicious stain on the floor.

I would not recommend this hotel for other people.

Room Tip: Ask a room not facing to the garbage dumpster.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AloftGeneralManager, General Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for providing me with the neccessary details to rectify all the issues that you experienced during your stay. Your detailed experiences have helped the relevant departments make the appropriate changes for future guests. The grease trap clean schedule and the trash removal service have been adjusted accordingly and will no longer affect future guests, it was unfortunate that your lost sleep because of this nuisance.

Thank you for staying with us I when you try our hotel or brand again, i know that we can more fully deliver on your expectations.

Again thank you for your feedback!
Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

It was a wonderful stay
Beautiful building , common areas
Bar , pool table , happy hour,
Room was well appointed , modern and stunning, large Plasma on wall, great bed and bedding
Pool area pretty
Gym nice
The only thing missing was a hut tub
I'm totally sold in this concept
and will look for Aloft first on my travels

• Stayed November 2012
AloftGeneralManager, General Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you very much for the encouraging remarks and positive feedback!

We eagerly await your return to our hotel and global brand.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

It seemed very different than the hotels we've stayed in, style-wise. Very "today" and clean and fresh. The room had a cushioned bench built into the wall under the TV that was very convenient. Actually everything in the room was placed and designed to be convenient. And we especially liked the free water bottles we got because we are Starwood members. For $79 we had a good night sleep in a place we felt comfortable and a little surprised by

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AloftGeneralManager, General Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for the kind words and positive remarks! We are that "today" hotel and are more trendy than some of the traditional hotels out there today. One small correction for you and future travelers to our hotel is that all guests recieve complimentray in room water bottles in with each stay and free wireless internet access throughout the hotel.

Thank you for staying with us!
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed 5 nights in October for son's wedding. First time at an Aloft. We had a great wedding rate and were generally satisfied. The lobby area can get noisy but did not bother us. We were not looking for solitude on this trip. We enjoyed spending time meeting family & friends. One night the lobby was reserved for a private party which made it a bit difficult. The pool is quite small and should have been warmer for October. The king room was good size with an open concept. Turning the heat on caused the fire alarms to go off and took awhile to get the smell out. The housekeeping schedule is ???? Be prepared to come back to an uncleaned room ...happened two of the five days. Front desk handled most issues ...not always promptly. Was an issue with the door lock on another family member's room. Major screw-up with the hotel's promised shuttle service the night of the wedding which caused my husband to make three trips between the wedding venue and the hotel at midnight.

Room Tip: Upper floor, far end of hallway was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
AloftGeneralManager, Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your detailed feedback, it is most appreciated and without comments like yours we cannot grow as a hotel.

Thank you for staying with us.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Quality with Value!!
This one was the one I checked in when I moved to Texas from NY.
After Driving for 30 hours with 8 hrs sleep in Nashville it was a pleasant experience.
The room/hotel had a great modern look and feel. I was in a King..the shower was nice..bed was comfortable.
The hotel is right across Bank of America and few breakfast joints.
Right across the street is a Gas station.
Hotel is 10 Min from MacArthur street where all the nice Restaurants/Grocery Store/ are there.
The hotel has its own Bar otherwise nearest place to drink is Champs in Plaza on Mac Arthur.
Few Clubs on 15 min Drive on Northwest Highway, with Liquor stores on the way.
15 min from DFW Airport as its right next to 114.
I like this Hotel..I do go back to the bar sometime for drinks as I sit outside besides the Pool.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
We are glad you made it to Aloft with so little sleep!!!

As you mentioned in your review we are situated nicely between some great amenities, and we are positioned between both Fort Worth and Dallas. Had you taken a plane into Texas, we are minutes away from both of the local airports, DFM International and Love Feild.

Thank you for staying with us!

Been to aloft Las Colinas? Share your experiences!