“Aloft in Las Colinas--very nice property for business travelers” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #32 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Houston, Texas
“Aloft in Las Colinas--very nice property for business travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed overnight at the Aloft in Las Colinas. I travel alot for my job, probably over 100 nights/year and tried the Aloft for the first time on my recent visit to Dallas. What a great experience. The room was very comfortable and larger than I expected. There is a great set up for the desk where you can spread out and work. Lighting and chair were very comfortable. The hotel had a high energy, upbeat vibe. It was very clean and well laid out.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has a lot of potential. The product quality is great, however I felt like no one really cared. I get that it's select service so I wasn't expecting the world but I did expect for Starwood employees to go above and beyond. When we asked for tape they couldn't find any... Really? The door to the fitness center wasn't working with my key even though it worked in my door before and after. The desk agent insisted it was my key that was bad. I would stay there again, and at another aloft. I just hope someone there reads this and realizes they can do better.

• Stayed January 2012
Aloft_Las_Colinas, General Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Thank you for choosing to take a moment and share your recent experience with us, you are correct when you say we "can do better" than the situation you described. I do apologize for any substandard service you received, this is certainly not the norm for us. Rest assured I will be sharing your feedback with our entire team as we continually strive for improvement.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012 via mobile

I started staying at the aloft in las colinas in November for business and have enjoyed every minute of it. I was given a queen accessible room, which is their biggest room, I wasn't to fond of it to begin with. Being a business traveler the long desk really help organize my work.

All in all the desk staff was really friendly. DeeDee who works in the morning is always cheerful and knows all the good places to eat. Steven also is pretty friendly. The bartenders get to know you and you almost feel like you apart of their family.

• Stayed January 2012
Aloft_Las_Colinas, General Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
We are honored that you chose to make us your home away from home! DeeDee, Steven and the rest of the Team will really enjoy reading your review! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to meet your needs while in town, we hope you will come back and see us soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay as always. Staff is helpful and it is a great locale. Thanks again.

• Stayed January 2012
Aloft_Las_Colinas, General Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Sergio will very much appreciate your compliment, thank you for taking a moment to recognize him! Please come see us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012 via mobile

my husband and I stay here about once a month for what we like to call our mini vacations. And we have always left very happy. the rooms are very modern and contemporary not everyone's style but we love them. the over all staff are welcoming and full of knowledge on where to get the best food in the area. We did have a problem with the snack pack but just figured we will leave it alone and that solved that. We love stay at aLoft we now plan all our vacations on if the town has one to stay at. I find myself bragging about this wonderfull hotel to all my friends that go to Dallas for any reason and tell them they must stay here.

• Stayed December 2011
Wow! Thank you for spreading the word about your experiences with us, we are happy to be a part of your mini vacations! Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your time away even more enjoyable!
phoenix, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I booked my room at the Aloft Las Colinas in Irving, TX through hotels.com for 3 nights starting 12/12/11. I was traveling to Dallas for work, as my company has a site there and I, along with many other individuals from my company, frequently visit there. I arrived late in the evening on 12/12 and as I was checking in, a very nervous young man working the front desk informed me that the hotel had a maintenance issue and was therefore overbooked. It became obvious why the young man was nervous as he went on to tell me that they were moving me to the Omni hotel across the street. He handed me a letter stating that I should provide said letter to the Omni and that the Aloft was going to pay for my first night stay in order to compensate me for the inconvenience. I informed the young man that I had prepaid for the room through hotels.com, and specifically asked him if I should come back for the remaining two nights of my stay. After staring at me with a deer in the headlights type look, he informed me that they were oversold for the entire duration of my stay in Dallas as that I should go ahead and pay the Omni for my final two nights and that my hotels.com prepayment would be refunded to me.
Although I was not happy I had to change hotels that late at night, the Omni was a nice place and a free night was a fair compromise for any inconvenience. As I was busy with work, I thought nothing of the situation anymore until it was time to submit my expense report and notice I had not been refunded anything by hotels.com. I proceeded to call hotels.com, who proceeded to call the Aloft for the first time. According to the Aloft, they Omni was supposed to charge them back for my entire 3 night stay, and not charge me anything. Hotels.com went on to inform me that I should go ahead and call the Aloft to sort out the situation, which I found strange as it was Hotels.com who I made my reservation with, so what service were they exactly providing me. I went ahead and called the Aloft, and was informed by the guest services manager that he would do some research with the Omni and get back to me the next day. The next day came and I received a call back, but it was just to tell me they were having a hard time getting a hold of the correct person at the Omni and that he would have to call me back again the next day. The next day came and I did not hear back anything. As it was Friday, I figured I would wait until the following Monday.
When Monday afternoon rolled around and I did not receive a call still, I called the Aloft again, only this time I made sure to leave a message with the assistant general manager. A short time later, I received a call back from Aloft, not from the assistant general manager, but from the guest services manager who I had spoken with the week before. The new story now was that I was supposed to come back to the Aloft for the final two nights of my stay, so they were only able to allow a refund of one night back to hotels.com. I informed them that I was specifically told by the young man working the desk that night that they were overbooked for the entire duration of my 3 night stay, but they claimed this was not the case. So in essence, I was inconvenienced by having to move hotels at the last second through no fault of my own, I was charged for five nights worth of stay (two at the Omni, three at the Aloft), even though I was in Dallas for only three nights, and did not even stay at the Aloft at all! The best they could do was refund me one night’s stay, which means I was still basically being ripped off and charged for four nights!!
The shame in this is that I really enjoy the Aloft concept, and really any Starwood property for that matter, as evidenced by my former Starwood Platinum membership. After this experience, not only will I never stay at an Aloft again, but I will report this to my company’s travel specialist to ensure no one at my company ever stays at this hotel ever again. This was completely their fault, and instead of just making it up to a loyal customer by admitting their mistake and making it right, they totally denied any wrong doing and are basically trying to rip me off. As of this letter, I am being refunded for one night by hotels.com, and they are also giving me a $100 credit to make things right with me. That means Aloft is being paid for two nights worth of stays even though I did not even stay there one night. In other words, they are stealing.
Save yourself the headache and avoid this hotel all together.

Room Tip: Avoid all together
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
I thought I would take a moment to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. It was a pleasure speaking with you and I certainly hope I have resolved the situation to your satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me at any time if I may be of further assistance.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012 via mobile

Unbelievable. I arrived at 10 pm looking forward to a good sleep before some meetings the next day but was told by the rude person at the front desk that they didn't have my confirmation on file. Despite having a confirmation number they had no room for me and did not even offer to help (help find a room somewhere else). When pressed Josh the rude front desk person checked other aloft hotels in the area... To no avail but eventually found a room at comfort inn 10 miles away.

The next day I phoned the hotel and found that they had in fact made the mistake and had my confirmation. Guess what I will not be staying at aloft again and maybe not even Starwood.

• Stayed January 2012
Aloft_Las_Colinas, General Manager at aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
I am very sorry to hear about your brief experience with us, totally unacceptable. I apologize for the inconvenience we caused you during your time in Las Colinas. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further, I would certainly welcome the opportunity to speak with you.

Been to aloft Las Colinas? Share your experiences!