“Auto Theft...beware if you are parking auto for several days!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #38 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Auto Theft...beware if you are parking auto for several days!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

My husband and I spent the night in this the hotel the night of June 30, 2010. We were flying out of DFW the next morning very early. My husband stayed up late and waited for a parking spot to open in the front of the hotel parking lot to leave his truck for 7 nights instead of having to leave it parked in the back of the hotel. He ended up parking under a light, fifty feet from the front entrance to the hotel, and there was a camera pointing right towards our vehicle. When we returned to pick up our vehicle it had be broken into and his GPS and Radar Detector that were located in his console were gone!!! It concerns me that we spoke to the owner/manager of the hotel and he had the attitude that he didn't want to take the time to review the camera's tape to see if he can see the crime taking place and get a tag number. I would just beware of leaving a vehicle in this lot if you do the Sleep, Park, and Fly package.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Longview, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

I recently stayed there a night prior to an international trip so that I could be close to the airport and use their parking/shuttle service. I was disappointed on many levels: I was told on the phone prior to getting my reservations that it was FREE to park there; when I checked in, the desk worker told me it was $5/night. I then went into my room, and the sky lights were the nicest thing there. The carpet had major stains, the TV remote had no batteries, and the A/C never got past 75. While setting up a time to take the shuttle the next morning was effective and convenient, it's returning that's the problem - I waited 1.5 hours outside at DFW for the shuttle service to pick me up and take me back to the hotel. And since all the hotels nearby use the same "RC Express" service, I missed the one van that came by after 30 minutes because it was already full. WOEFULLY lacking in good service on the pick-up end. So, it might be worth it GOING to the airport, but don't bother unless you take a taxi back to the hotel or have some friends that can pick you up.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Greenville, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

Wonderful suites, very quiet, lightning speed wifi, all in all a perfect spot to catch a plane the next morning.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

I booked this hotel through Trip Advisor and got the suite for only about $55. That included free breakfast (with cold and hot items). That is definitely the best value I got for a long long time.

However, this hotel was difficult to find on your own, as the address can mislead you. I had GPS and even that took us several drive around to locate the hotel. I strongly suggest you print a hard copy of the map before you start driving there. It is on the south side frontage road of Fwy 114 near the north east corner of DWF airport. Beware that the road is a one way street, and there is a Confort Inn on the same block. Do not be confused.

The reception desk was super- friendly and helpful. The suite has a living area (with sofa bed, TV and desk), bathroom and bedroom (with TV). There are many many TV channels. So it can be very convenient for a small family. The internet was free and fast in the room if you bring your own computer. By the way, the room looked exactly like the photos on this site.

Besides difficult to find, there are several issues you will need to be aware of.
(a) you got what you pay for. the furniture is not the highest quality.
(b) there is a microwave and a frige but no cook top or utentials. If needed, there are plastic knives, folks, spoons and plates by the reception area.
(c) the whole area is hotels, so there is no shops, 7/11, or restaurants anywhere around. Besides the hotel restaurant inside Sheraton a block away, the nearest restaurant is 3 miles away. If you check in late, and need dinner, you can call outside for food delivery or buy some TV dinner, or instant noodles from the on-site convenients area. That are the only options unless you dare to venture out and may get lost again!
(d) on weekdays, the breakfast closes at 9:30 a.m., sharp. I mean sharp, the stuff there cleared all food items and drinks at 9:29 a.m. sharp. So go there early, if you arrive at 9:30, you will be hungry.
(e) if you are super super light sleeper, please note that the A/C can be kind of semi-noisy sometimes, there are low distant roar of airplane, and low noise in the hall way outside with people checking in and out at middle of the night sometimes. Personally I slept well and my collegue did mentioned this potential noise problem for people who cannot sleep well.
(f) it is far from everything else except the airport. If you want to go sightseeing for several days, you may want to consider other Confort Suite locations in town.

In summary, this is a great value hotel. If i have a friend needing to go to DWF area for an overnight stay, I would not hesitate recommeding this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Oklahoma City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

We booked this hotel on a cheap hotel site for only $53. Although we've used Comfort Inns and Suites for years with good results, its location sandwiched between the airport runway and highway 114 led me to assume it would be a noisy night. It was actually one of the quietest hotels I have stayed in recently! We were on the side facing the airport, so can't say how quiet the street side was. Rooms are full suites with nice living room with desk, and separate bedroom. Would be great for families with kids. Pool was closed due to time of year. Well done,extremely friendly staff and free continental breakfast featured hot foods. Super bargain all the way around, and a few minutes from the airport or the Grapevine Mills area. We left our car there for only $5 a night while on our trip. They took us to the airport and picked us up promptly when we called- no hassles with driving on the airport. We will definitely use this hotel again when we need to fly out of DFW, and the $53 rate was just ridiculously cheap.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Rusk, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

This is a very nice hotel for the money. Rooms were clean, and spacious, Living room was great and the high speed internet was very quick. The hot breakfeast was OK, but was plenty to eat. all in all a great valve.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

I stayed here for one night as my flight at DFW was cancelled. This hotel night was given to us by the airline for over night accommodations. There was one young man working the front desk.... he was not the most experienced front desk staff I have seen and thus check in was very slow. The room was ok. I did not feel comfortable walking around the room with out my shoes on. The room was clean, but it just did not feel fresh. As for the bed, I check in around 12 midnight so at that point a bed is a bed. It took me a while to fall asleep as the bed was not what I would consider comfortable. However, as I paid nothing for the room, I can not complain.... I could see it being of good value if you got the room for a great price and all you plan on doing is sleeping in the room.

• Stayed December 2009

Been to Comfort Suites DFW Airport? Share your experiences!