“Find another hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Clearwater, Florida
“Find another hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Due to our flight arriving late and not being able to make our connecting flight, AA put us up in this hotel. We thought great, we will get a good night sleep and leave out early for our 8AM flight.

WRONG!!!!!

Approx 11 PM we were awaken by approx 2 dozen 20 somethings having a party on the third floor of the hotel. Loud was an understatement. Yelling, banging on doors, slamming doors, pounding on the door to the stairs to be let in, (that is how they avoided the front desk) banging on walls, furniture being moved. Another member of our party was on the first floor and had the party goers banging on the outside door which was right outside his room to be allowed in the building. Not only did I call the front desk, but neighboring rooms contacted the front desk also for assistance also.The night "Manager" (yeah, NO, he should not be a "Manager") assured us he would take care of it. As the noise continued to 4AM, again, the manager said he would go up and take care of the noise. Nope, he did NOTHING!
At 5Am, it was time for us get up and depart. While loading the luggage cart, you could see how the hallway had vomit, food, beer bottles all over the floors.

When approaching the front desk, I confronted the "Manager" and he told me there was nothing he could do. He tried. REALLY?? How about contacting the local police to break up a party that was destroying the property that you are ultimately responsible for and for taking care of the guests in your hotel. He did nothing.

FIND ANOTHER HOTEL!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Sam A, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your resent stay.

Even-though we cannot control the action of some irresponsible individuals. We apologize for their bad behavior and in the future we will not hesitate to call the police.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Nice hotel near DFW airport. Price was right also. Only downside is that there is no restaurant in the building. Breakfast was quick and OK. Staff was nice and polite. Good value for a one night airport stay

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Bentonville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Basically, the only plus was the location close to the airport. I have a standard I appreciate with the Choice Hotels chain and this one would be just about average. Nothing special made it stand out. Hotel has a very confusing layout and the room was "ok". Would I come back? Probably not. I've stayed at so many Comfort Inn's that I will keep coming back to them, but I've removed this one from my list of favorites.
Staff was OK. Nothing made them stand out and want me to come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Pekin, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The hotel front desk man was very responsive to our call for a shuttle and the shuttle came specifically for us within 20 minutes of us calling.

All hotel staff we met were very nice and even arranged for a taxi back to the airport (as we were leaving terribly early before shuttle service started). When the first taxi didn't arrive, they searched around for another which came quickly. (I don't fault the hotel for the taxi service--different companies).

The bathroom had a few loose tiles on the wall and was a bit aged, but overall the accommodations met our needs and at a decent price!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manhattan, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed overnight courtesy of the airlines, as my flight was delayed and I missed my connection out. The hotel itself was fine, but it's shuttle to/from the aiport was a nightmare. Despite being only a few miles from DFW, the shuttle runs only once per hour, which means up to an hour of waiting at the airport for pickup. My wait of 20 minutes (per the gate agent) was nearly an hour.

The lone check-in clerk was bombarded with 30 of us all at once, but he went as fast as he could. There is a small shop that sells food (snacks and such) and common toiletries. The room itself was nice - comfy king size bed, clean bathroom, efficient A/C/heat unit. Breakfast was pretty good. I didn't try to take the shuttle back to the airport because of what happened the night before.

I would stay here again, but only if I had my own vehicle.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Irving, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The good:
1. A/C is quieter than most hotels
2. Breakfast area had healthy choices
3. The bed was very comfortable
4. Two separate areas in room each with flat screens

The not so good:
1. Towels had that "hotel smell" and were not soft. Several were not bright white, but on the dingy side.
2. I dont like to see black residue or mold on edge of bathtub and tiling... it was a tiny area, but it was there.
3. Ladies, the bathroom sink area has a blow dryer and unlit magnifying mirror but the light is very dim. Hair and skin products offered were avg... ive stayed at equally priced hotels that set out Aveda or Bimble & Bimble which is always a treat.
4. No shuttle available to Grapevine Mills a few miles down hwy 114. Hotels on other side of hwy 114 have the shuttle service. Taxi is $20-$30 to the mall.
5. No ATM... you have to go next door at the Holiday Inn.

When I come back to this area, I will definitely try a different hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
Douglas, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Some work mates and I chose this hotel to catch an early flight out of DFW last week and overall it was a nice hotel. It has a unique layout and one that I've never seen at a Comfort Suites, but is was nice to see something different and had some amenities that some may appreciate if traveling with a family. The room I stayed in was a non smoking King room and it had a separate office desk/sofa bed area with it's own TV and then the King Bed area was separated by the bathroom area being in the center and another TV in the King Bed area. Everything worked great, bed was comfortable, and everything was as expected which was nice. I didn't hear any noise issues because it is close to a major Highway and the personnel at the hotel were fine also. If I fly out of DFW again and have a morning flight I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites DFW Airport? Share your experiences!