“Very Pleasant Overnight Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #37 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Pekin, Illinois
“Very Pleasant Overnight Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The hotel front desk man was very responsive to our call for a shuttle and the shuttle came specifically for us within 20 minutes of us calling.

All hotel staff we met were very nice and even arranged for a taxi back to the airport (as we were leaving terribly early before shuttle service started). When the first taxi didn't arrive, they searched around for another which came quickly. (I don't fault the hotel for the taxi service--different companies).

The bathroom had a few loose tiles on the wall and was a bit aged, but overall the accommodations met our needs and at a decent price!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Manhattan, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed overnight courtesy of the airlines, as my flight was delayed and I missed my connection out. The hotel itself was fine, but it's shuttle to/from the aiport was a nightmare. Despite being only a few miles from DFW, the shuttle runs only once per hour, which means up to an hour of waiting at the airport for pickup. My wait of 20 minutes (per the gate agent) was nearly an hour.

The lone check-in clerk was bombarded with 30 of us all at once, but he went as fast as he could. There is a small shop that sells food (snacks and such) and common toiletries. The room itself was nice - comfy king size bed, clean bathroom, efficient A/C/heat unit. Breakfast was pretty good. I didn't try to take the shuttle back to the airport because of what happened the night before.

I would stay here again, but only if I had my own vehicle.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Irving, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

The good:
1. A/C is quieter than most hotels
2. Breakfast area had healthy choices
3. The bed was very comfortable
4. Two separate areas in room each with flat screens

The not so good:
1. Towels had that "hotel smell" and were not soft. Several were not bright white, but on the dingy side.
2. I dont like to see black residue or mold on edge of bathtub and tiling... it was a tiny area, but it was there.
3. Ladies, the bathroom sink area has a blow dryer and unlit magnifying mirror but the light is very dim. Hair and skin products offered were avg... ive stayed at equally priced hotels that set out Aveda or Bimble & Bimble which is always a treat.
4. No shuttle available to Grapevine Mills a few miles down hwy 114. Hotels on other side of hwy 114 have the shuttle service. Taxi is $20-$30 to the mall.
5. No ATM... you have to go next door at the Holiday Inn.

When I come back to this area, I will definitely try a different hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
Douglas, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Some work mates and I chose this hotel to catch an early flight out of DFW last week and overall it was a nice hotel. It has a unique layout and one that I've never seen at a Comfort Suites, but is was nice to see something different and had some amenities that some may appreciate if traveling with a family. The room I stayed in was a non smoking King room and it had a separate office desk/sofa bed area with it's own TV and then the King Bed area was separated by the bathroom area being in the center and another TV in the King Bed area. Everything worked great, bed was comfortable, and everything was as expected which was nice. I didn't hear any noise issues because it is close to a major Highway and the personnel at the hotel were fine also. If I fly out of DFW again and have a morning flight I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Georgetown, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is one of the hotels we use. Late chrckin put us in room with noise airconditioner. Changed room to even numbered rooms and highway noises were terrible. No other room in top floor so we chose to stay. Sleep was difficult.
Desk agent was great. Judt make sure you stay in the odd number rooms for quiet.

Desk agent was great and

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockwall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel is just minutes from the Parking Spot Airport Shuttle. That is the reason we stayed there a year ago. It was so nice and clean and quiet that we decided to stay there again this year when we had an early flight to catch. It is still very clean, quiet, and comfortable. It is a suite with a living area and bedroom. It would be nice to stay there long enough to take advantage of that, but we left so early the next morning we didn't use the living area. There are two TV's in the suite. The bed was very comfortable. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
arkansas, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel itself was nicely appointed, furnishings appeared new. My problem was with the staff. I made our reservations online. We went to check in, everything seemed ok. When we got to our room, it didn't have a bathtub just a walk in shower. We asked to change rooms (they were only about half occupied) for one with a tub. Just a basic tub, no Jacuzzi etc. The clerk said only if we paid a $25 upgrade fee. I've never had that happen. When we reported this to the manager the next am as we checked out, he just offered me a few choice privileges points. Not even enough for a gift card. If they don't want return customers, it's ok with me. I can always find somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites DFW Airport? Share your experiences!