“Park Sleep and Fly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 76 hotels in Irving
Odessa, Texas
“Park Sleep and Fly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at Comfort suites based on a recommendation from my neighbor. We booked an all inclusive vacation package through our travel agent for Cancun Mexico, and we had to fly out of DFW early in the morning. So we booked a park sleep and fly package at Comfort Suites DFW Airport. We arrived around 8:30 pm a young man greeted us and helped us with our shuttle schedule for the next day and checked us into a spacious suite with two separate rooms. The suite was beautiful and clean. We got our wakeup call the next morning and got on a big spacious and clean bus with a very friendly drive. He loaded our 8 heavy suitcases and dropped us at our gate. I loved the no hassle of getting to the airport and the good night sleep that we had. I recommend this hotel, the people that works here are very friendly and courteous.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

If you want to be treated with respect and some interaction---THEN DO NOT STAY HERE!
As I checked in I knew it was going to be a rough stay. I asked about the shuttle bus (had to ask--was not told one thing about the hotel or anything) and was told that it started running in the morning at 4:00 AM. Perfect--we needed to be at airport by 5:30. I was NOT told that it only ran once every hour however.
We get up the next morning and my wife goes down to make sure that the shuttle is there etc, it is then that she is told that it leaves in 10 minutes and won't run again for another hour. She tells them ok, we will be right down, She comes back to room and we head down to foyer only to see the shuttle not there. When we ask about it the only the guy says is "yea, it just left, sorry" I explain that we need to get to the airport and to call it back. He says no, but it will be back about 5:30 and it will now cost us $10 for the ride. I ask if there are any cabs and the dude just gets on his phone. Doesn't tell me what he is doing or anything until I hear him ask me cash or credit for the cab! What a jerk!

Crappy hotel
Crappy people with zero customer service skills!

Will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sam A, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest I am sorry that you fell this way about my staff and our hotel. Our shuttle schedule is posted in several locations in our lobby also we have a sign in sheet for drop off to the airport at the desk. All of our guests normally sign up the night before departing .
We try to accommodate the guest that did not register to the best of our ability. We only have one shuttle and it takes more than 45 minutes to make a round trip to DFW airport.
Southlake, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Where do I even begin with a place this horrendous. First, before I booked our rooms I called the hotel directly to confirm they don't charge for parking while you're gone. She enthusiastically said yes! Upon check-in not only was this not the case, but the woman behind the desk (Jenny) couldn't have been more rude. She is, without a doubt, the most ornery individual I've ever encountered. After stopping just short of calling me a liar she then proceeded to say our family should look elsewhere for our hotel needs!?!! No apology for her associate giving me false info., ZERO willingness to make any compromise...nothing! I contacted Choice Hotels Int'l who finally offered a partial refund (a measley 20%) but only because the hot tub wasn't working, not because they should be ASHAMED to have one of their hotels ran by such pitiful, incompetent management. And the jacuzzi was just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Our showerhead broke. Jenny promised to send maintenance...we never saw him. No microwave as advertised. They had taken ours to use at the front desk, lol! No decanter for the coffee maker and there was stains ALL OVER the bedspread and sheets! We'd have been better off in the alley outside the hotel!! Long story short, there are many hotels from which to choose in this corridor by the airport, and unless they're offering free rooms, stay far, FAR away!!! (even then I'd go elsewhere)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sam A, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest;

We do not charge for parking, it is true however if you check out of hotel and leave your car behind in the hotel parking lot , in most cases your car will be towed. We offer competitive parking rates, we let you park your car in our parking lot when you fly out of DFW airport for $5.00 per night. I am sorry if there was a misunderstanding about free parking. In the future I will try to train my staff to elaborate on free parking. Free parking with stay, if guest checks out car must check out too.
Edmond, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here before our trip to Mexico. It was ok, good location good shuttle service. But parking our car for the week was not free there was a daily rate. I did not expect this and was a little disappointed. The only thing that I will warn you about was stated in a previous reviewers post. The room temp will not go below 72, it was hot and that made it uncomfortable to sleep. I would probably stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed May 2013
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We chose this hotel as it was close to the airport and needed somewhere to stay either side of a trip to Mexico. Both times, the customer service was very average. Beware of getting the shuttle from the airport to the hotel - the receptionist had no idea how to direct us to where we needed to be for pick up. The shuttle back to the airport in the morning however was very efficient. They are doing some work to the foyer area and fitness centre but we understood. The room was good, very spacious and the bed was great. Breakfast was good too - loved the texas shaped waffles! Probably would choose another place to rest our heads next time....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Newton, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very convenient to the airport and has parking where you can pay to leave your car until you return from your trip. We then used the shuttle bus to get to the airport. That was all very convenient. Our room was ok. It seemed like it needed a little updating. When i woke up there were two bugs in the bathtub, not roaches though! I liked that the room had a pull out coach which was very nice for the group configuration we had. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed May 2013
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

For the money, I would say this place is not worth it. Too overpriced for what we got. It met our basic needs. The room overall was nice at first glance with 2 double beds and a sofa-bed, fridge, coffee maker (not in bathroom), and TV. But the tub was a little dirty in some places and there were stains on the mattress and pull out sofa. Also, they didn't clean our room one morning and when we got back to the hotel, we had to call the front desk and ask them to clean it. The second day, they only restocked our coffee with decaf even though they could see that I used the non-decaf the day before. Breakfast is typical hotel breakfast (muffins, eggs, bacon, etc.).

The hotel is less than 10 minutes from DFW Airport and it has a free shuttle (which is why we booked in the first place). There are several hotels right next to this one on a strip - I would suggest going to a different one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites DFW Airport? Share your experiences!