“Great room, Close to DFW Airport-Maybe a little too close” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 76 Hotels in Irving
“Great room, Close to DFW Airport-Maybe a little too close”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

The room configuration was great for our family--mom and dad in the bedroom and the kid on the sleeper sofa. The room was wonderfully clean. Only gripe: the airport side of the hotel looks at the east runway. Takeoffs start about 5:30 am, but the parking noises start earlier. Breakfast features fun Texas shaped waffles!

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cambridge, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I ended up in this hotel by accident after I missed a flight connection. It was booked by American Airlines staff so I arrived with no expectations at all. I was just exhausted, annoyed and in need of sleep. The fact that I am bothering to write a review of a hotel In such circumstances probably suggests how good I thought it was. The room was very large, with separate lounge and bedroom. There was also a good sized (but quiet) fridge and a microwave. It was absolutely clean and the furnishings were of a decent quality. There is breakfast provided, which is generous and convenient. The staff were gracious and good natured when I was grouchy and they really did a good job. Only downside is that the shuttle to the airport is only once an hour. If you need to stay near DFW I would highly recommend this.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Clean, large rooms and helpful staff. Separate living room and bedroom. Staff was exceptionally helpful getting my refund through Expedia when I needed to change my reservation. I had been staying at a different hotel as a regular business traveler, but will make Comfort Suites my regular hotel.

Pensacola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Ross, who handled the front desk was very accommdating to various requests. I had a last minute change of flights which put my arrival time in Dallas at 9:00 AM on Monday. The hotel was at fullly occupied and check in times were the typical 3 PM. I was tired from a 5:00 AM flight from across the country and didnt have much options, so Ross took it on himself to work with the maids to ensure we had me in a room as quickly as possible. Within an hour Ross was able to get me into a room. Not sure how he did it, but I was ever so greatful!

On top of this, I was able to speed out of the rooms and wasnt knocked for a 2 PM checkout as I was placed onto a last minute flight a day early. Ross ensured me that my company wouldnt have to be charged another night, without me requesting this much for him. Assuming Comfert Suites hires a lot of employees like Ross, you will certainly be treated as a valued guest here.

And did I mention how close it was to the airport! I made a flight w/ only 1.5 hrs to spare from the hotel while I still had to return the rental.

I live a vegan diet, so my only issue was some limitations at the breakfast bar. I typically eat eleswhere anyways, but that is my only cause for improvement.

Thanks again for the great experience.

craig

Room Tip: Clean, nice, perfect for travel
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stayed here one night for business. Comfortable room, close to the airport. Shuttle returns to airport about once an hour in the morning. Pleasant property. Not too many food choices in the immediate area. Good breakfast options at the motel (including waffles shaped like Texas!).

Cedar City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I can't say enough praise about this hotel. Recently had two bad experiences with Choice Hotels, Comfort Inn & Suites and Quality Inn, both in Lafayette, LA..

Comfort Suites DFW airport is a great place to stay. We stayed twice in one week and next time we are using the DFW airport we will definitely stay at this hotel. Very quiet and extrememly clean rooms, lobby and breakfast area. 24 hour airport shuddle is really nice if you have a late flight. Lot's of food for breakfast, biscuts/gravy, eggs scrambled or hard boiled, bacon or sausage, bagels, toast, and the cereal options. There is a in house mini-mart in the lobby for snacks or soda, water.

Our suite had 2 queen beds, love the beds !!! Living room has it's own TV, couch, coffee table phone. Bedroom has beds, TV, phone frige and microwave. Bathroom has it own phone also.

Thank you Kim family for a fun and great time. Our grandchildren loved the pool/spa, and thank you for checking ages of children so they can't use the pool without an adult.

Also, it's nice to stay at a clean and comfortable hotel and not over pay for the room.

Room Tip: Any room at this hotel should be great and prices are really good.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Everything was above the 3 stars it's rated. The beds and linens were excellent. The bathroom had natural light because of a window high in a vaulted ceiling and was huge. There was a real door between the living and bedroom. You had a micorwave and a mini fridge. It was spotlessly clean. The showerhead had a massage setting and the wi-fi is free. We never had to park but a few steps away from the door. There was a free Wall Street Journal (I prefer is over USA Today) in the morning as well as breakfast. The only reason I can come up with that it doesn't have a 3 1/2 star rating is because there was no body wash. If you are super sensitive to sound ask for the side away from the highway. I booked this blind through a third party vendor for a great price and what a suite surprise! My only critique is they need to have the hot tub open all year around if not heat the pool. It was in the 80's and the pool was closed.

Room Tip: ask for the side away from the highway if you are sound sensitive. Also the highest floor have vaul...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites DFW Airport? Share your experiences!