“true 1 bedroom suite” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Austin, Texas
“true 1 bedroom suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

What a find....$72 /night for standard 1 bedroom suite. A true 1 bedroom. The suite was somewhat like a 1 bedroom apartment with seperate living room and bedroom with locking bedroom door. Jaccuzi suites go for $99/night. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. And I was very satisfied with my stay. I will be back without a doubt. I now seek Comfort Suites when I travel with the kids.

THE LIVING ROOM: It was on the small side, but comfortable nontheless. It had a love seat/full size sleeper sofa, matching side chair, coffee table, writing desk and wall mounted TV, tall raised ceiling. Our kiddos slept on the full size pullout couch in the living room. After putting the boys to bed, my husband and I retreated behind the closed doorsof the bedroom, were we got the privacy we needed.

THE BEDROOM: Comfortable king size bed. vanity area with magnified vanity mirror. Iron and ironing board in the closet, hairdryer, LCD TV, plenty of drawers for folded clothing. Lighting was great. The drapery keeps the light out-perfect for sleeping in.

BATHROOM: The jaccuzi in the bathroom comfortable fit 2 adults. There were plenty of towels. And the bathroom was very clean.

The suite was comfortablly small and nicely furnished-very modern. And I understand the hotel was recently remodeled.

BREAKFAST: waffles, sausage, bacon, scrammbled eggs, boiled eggs, muffins, cold cereal, milk (whole, 2%), yogurt, granola, coffee....And that's what I remembered-there was more.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I've seen a lot of other reviews of this property where guests rave about the place but my experience here just doesn't live up to the high ratings. Yes, the staff was friendly and the location is convenient but my issues are related to the condition of my room. The air vent in the front of our room was dirty and moldy. The room iteslf had a very unpleasant odor to it. The bath tub was missing a drain plug so taking a bath was out of the question. The shower head was clogged and you could only get a steady stream of water from it but nothing resembling a shower. More like showering under a water hose. The TV in the front room was missing and there was only a bare mounting frame on the wall where the TV was supposed to be. The bed was comfortable but that was the best thing about the stay. The airport shuttle only runs each hour so we had to make other arrangements for catching our flight out of DFW. I'm glad other travelers have enjoyed their stay here but I'll stay elsewhere on my next trip to Dallas.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I stayed one night with friend.... It has been recently renovated... The room was very clean and spacious.... The bed was very comfortable.... The living room was completely separated from bedroom, not just by a wall/divider.... Our room was on the first floor, which was very quiet.... Staff was very helpful with finding a place to eat... i would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, and will be staying here again very soon...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Long Valley, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Several families headed to Miami the night before a cruise, so we wanted to be at the airport for very early flights. The price was right, around 70 bucks, and the hotel was looked freshly remodeled. It's a limited service hotel of course, so no restaurant but we had pizza delivered and watched football in the extra large rooms. Will definitely stay again if we are in similar circumstances.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Experienced multiple issues with this hotel. The front desk clerk, Jenny was very unhelpful. When asked to speak to management I was told that he was unavailable, I asked for his phone number and she said she couldn't give it to me, so I asked for her to call him for me and she was unwilling to do so. Unacceptable! Don't expect much from this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed 2 nights with my family during the Thanksgiving holiday in a 2 queen bed suite on the third (top) floor. It's been nicely updated with comfortable beds, bedding, and decor. The rooms are legitimate suites -- a living room separated from the bath and sleeping area by an actual door, not just a room divider. Our third floor room was quiet in terms of noise from other guests, but it is right in the flight line of DFW, so you begin hearing jet noise pretty early. There are also skylights and high ceilings on the top floor in the bath and living area, so light can wake you up early if you forget to close the doors to those areas. Rooms have central A/C with wall controls, so no window unit A/C starting and stopping noise. Breakfast was good and about as expected with some meat and hot features, though it can get crowded despite better than average seating area. Fitness center has been updated as well and has newer equipment (treadmill, elliptical, recumbent bike -- all working.) Outdoor pool looks nice, but was closed during our stay (perhaps only open seasonally.) We will definitely return -- a very good value.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms have high ceilings and skylights in bath and living areas, but possibly more airpo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was only at this facility for a few hours as I had a flight snafu (with Frontier airlines --- buth that's a whole separate story) and was stranded at DFW overnight in my trek from Las Vegas to Raleigh due to an ice storm. I chose this hotel because I am a member of their choice rewards program and called from the courtesy phone at the airport, explaining that I needed a room ASAP (even though it was after midnight, now). The young man who took my call, who I want to call Matthew (?) was so very helpful and patient, dispatching a shuttle for me right away, just for me.

When I rolled into the hotel, Matthew (?) could not have been more helpful. I think maybe he sensed my exhaustion and did the absolute minimum amount of paperwork to get me into a room. Then he reminded me about a wakeup call for the next morning (4:30a!), and I took my bleary-eyed self into the room to rest for four hours.

The room, itself, was what you would expect from Comfort Suites --- spotless rooms (including the coffee pot, which is my litmus test for all hotels!), plush bedding and clean bathrooms. I only wish I could have stayed there longer to enjoy the room more.

Readers Digest version: the hotel was great, as I would have expected. But the service is what really confirmed my long-standing relationship with this chain. In the future, I will continue to use their hotels whenever possible. It is my hope that Choice hotels pays their employees such as Matthew (?) well; he certainly deserves it and is an asset to this corporation.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Suites DFW Airport? Share your experiences!